PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use MAC'S?

dmk395
12-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Just bought a desktop model and would like to change over, mostly use Excel and Quickbooks. Tired of computer lockups, internet issues etc. Became intrigued by the mobileme....have yet to set up, but once I get my macbook will give it a shot. Basically was told that with this I can make changes on one in the field and both will be updated....anyone have this down?

ryry278
12-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Well i have a mac book. Love the thing to death still learning cool things it can do. Have not used mobil me yet since it costs $30 month or so, but i might soon since i can create a webpage and publish it for free through it. Mobile me is mainly for use with the iphone or itouch but i guess you could use it that way too. Seems to just be easier to keep your laptop as a business computer and mobilme only works with an internet signal.

BrandonV
12-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Mobile me (used to be .mac) is like $99/yr we have a family pack which is $149/yr. great service. we use all mac in our shop, we have 4 imacs, 3 mac minis (absolutely love these) 1 powermac for cad stuff, and 2 laptops. we use filemaker quite a bit for our nursery's inventory management and also for quotes/invoices. billing/payroll goes through quickbooks.
one more thing we have is an apple tv that we use on a tv in our retail sales office, it's cycling through pics of jobs and helps put ideas in people's heads

Kate Butler
12-06-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm a Mac shop, too. Love Filemaker and do all my signage with it.