PDA

View Full Version : Working on hills?

BIGBEN2004
12-06-2008, 07:58 AM
On a excavating machine hills are no problem. Farming hills is another story. Check this video out and see what you think. I would have the pucker effect going on in the seat of this tractor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3XCwiHvBNc&feature=related

bobcat_ron
12-06-2008, 10:59 AM
It takes alot to flip those tractors over, they have a good low COG believe it or not, but that's still insane, I wouldn't want to do it unless I had duals on all 4 corners.

Gravel Rat
12-06-2008, 01:40 PM
I don't know what they are growing on those hills but that is a little nuts.

That tractor operator must have some serious chapped azz and a sore back.

That mower thing does hold the machine down if it wasn't for that the tractor would be on its side.

I have had backhoes on side slopes and I didn't like it one bit and they have a lower centre of gravity than a farm tractor.

bobcat_ron
12-06-2008, 01:51 PM
That kind of side sloping has to be hell on the side walls.

Gravel Rat
12-06-2008, 01:59 PM
It has to be tough on the tires being constantly rolled sideways and rolled forwards.

DBFlawn
12-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Is it just me or did it feel like the camera was just turned sort of on it's side?

bobcat_ron
12-06-2008, 03:08 PM
Is it just me or did it feel like the camera was just turned sort of on it's side?

I thought so too, but you can see the tractor's front tires are pointing up hill to keep going straight.

Gravel Rat
12-06-2008, 03:29 PM
The camera is tilted but the tractor is working on a slope you can see in one part of the video where the fron the tractor is sliding sideways.

Anyway you slice it the tractor is maxed out for gradeability I don't think the manufacture thought it would be working on a side slope :laugh:

Imagine if a tire let go ie blow or popped a bead :dizzy:

howierd3866
12-07-2008, 09:23 AM
come on boys thats not much of a hill..come on down south will show you we mow with dual and with a 30 ft deep canal at the bottom.....the guy in the video is working hay...and it doesn't take much sometime to roll one just like a backhoe if you good on it you can be safe......