PDA

View Full Version : Pics of a recent project...

ozarkearthworks
12-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Before and after of a patio we just threw down...

BrandonV
12-06-2008, 03:06 PM
definitely an improvement. I assume they are fairly thick steppers as we call them here

CertPro
12-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Looks like a pretty nasty drop off! What have you done to account for erosion of the slope or the migration of your steppers?

P.Services
12-06-2008, 06:56 PM
get some moss growing in the cracks and it will look aged and great!!!

ozarkearthworks
12-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Petty thick. Each slab is ~8-12" deep. Make great landings. All harvested on site.

We have a wall holding pretty much the entire area from the foundation of the house. It holds the soil beneath the deck, the landing, and keeps the soil stable over the piers. It is not our normal walling style, but very primitive to match the owner's taste. She is about about 70 and wanted a rustic look... Matches the style that was already used there. It is, however, a stable, working wall and is backfilled with a sand/gravel/rubble mixture we have had great luck with. The base is gravel and crushed native stone. These are before and in progress pics taken before capped.

We have a buttermilk/moss slurry that we pour after sand settles... It looks nice once established.

Here is another that gives you an idea of the slope. It is pretty steep.

P.Services
12-06-2008, 07:47 PM
good god!!!!!! i would give my left you know what to have that view!!!!

as much of a tree huger as i am i would wack out a few of the up close trees to open up the view. that is amazing. truly amazing.

crab
12-07-2008, 12:36 AM
that's really nice.i love that stone the lichen is beautiful and i also like a proper dry wall makes my day.:waving:

zedosix
12-07-2008, 12:51 AM
Yup gotta love it when the leaves fall. Very nice view, your work just kinda goes with the scenery. Somehow a seat wall and pillars just wouldn't look right there!

BrandonV
12-07-2008, 08:27 AM
what luck having the rocks on site. kudos

soopa
12-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Yup gotta love it when the leaves fall. Very nice view, your work just kinda goes with the scenery. Somehow a seat wall and pillars just wouldn't look right there!

well said.

OUTLANDER
12-12-2008, 11:30 PM
what is it?...buttermilk and beer makes moss right?

P.Services
12-12-2008, 11:31 PM
what is it?...buttermilk and beer makes moss right?

so they say. i have never tried.

OUTLANDER
12-12-2008, 11:35 PM
so they say. i have never tried.

me either,gonna give a try this year...i really like moss in some landscapes

ozarkearthworks
12-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Thank you all for the kind words.

Picasso, we are actually trying to pitch the idea of a suspended "treezebo" connected to the existing deck... A little place to get away and it would definitely give her a more year round view. She is considering evolving the construction from a simple, side yard gazebo to a treehouse accessible via suspended bridge. We'll see about that, but boy would it be a cool project!

zedosix, well said indeed. Sometimes nature just seems to call...

Yes, Outlander. Beer works along with the buttermilk slurry. As does yogurt. As does plain old water. However, it never hurts to have a beer while making your slurry regardless of what you decide to mix with your buttermilk.

Thanks again. I'll try to post some more sometime as the project evolves.

Maple Groundskeeping
12-16-2008, 09:13 PM
Were in NWA are you located? I'm in Mtn Home, and i have to say that we in the ozarks have some of the best stone and rocks for landscaping around. We have about 120 acres of cedar glade the have the best looking moss covered glade rock free for the pickin, hard pickin but free none the less.