PDA

View Full Version : Parting out truck?

stuvecorp
12-06-2008, 09:39 PM
I have wanted to sell my Kodiak contractor truck for awhile now and have started to wonder about parting it out, it would easily go for more than I am asking. Most people don't think I am asking too much they think the truck is too big for them which is the problem I have, I need a big truck to move material. Has anyone ever done something like this?

ksss
12-06-2008, 10:01 PM
I have wanted to sell my Kodiak contractor truck for awhile now and have started to wonder about parting it out, it would easily go for more than I am asking. Most people don't think I am asking too much they think the truck is too big for them which is the problem I have, I need a big truck to move material. Has anyone ever done something like this?

You could take it to a Truck bone yard and see what you could get out of it. Seems like too nice of a truck to sell for parts. I would think you could do better by selling it complete. I just sold my IH 2500 tandem dump truck two days ago. It can take a while. I had that truck for sale for about 45 days.

stuvecorp
12-06-2008, 10:20 PM
It is hard to be patient when you see it every day, right?:) This truck was a big mistake, it didn't fit as I wanted to do bigger stuff. It has been a good learning experience for me - don't spend too much to make a truck custom.

Gravel Rat
12-07-2008, 01:58 AM
No don't part it out you won't get anything for it. Try sell it as a operational truck it may take awhile but worth it. I can see parting it out if the truck is mechanics special.