PDA

View Full Version : Doosan/Bobcat mini pics

bobcat_ron
12-07-2008, 11:00 AM
Not much has changed I see, now Doosan is polishing up someone else's turds at least.
I swiped these pics off HEF.
Now they will see what we hate about Bobcrap mini's.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/Doosan_Bobcat1.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/Doosan_Bobcat3.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/Doosan_Bobcat4.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/Doosan_Bobcat2.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/Doosan_Bobcat5.jpg

Junior M
12-07-2008, 11:24 AM
So is all bobcat equipment now going to have that disgusting "Doosan" Decal on them?

cat2
12-07-2008, 11:33 AM
i want to see the skids :dizzy: that Doosan sticker would be the 1st thing to come off

Junior M
12-07-2008, 11:39 AM
i want to see the skids :dizzy: that Doosan sticker would be the 1st thing to come off
Thats what I was thinking, I dont want people thinking we run cheap foreign crap! :laugh:

Dirtman2007
12-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Thats what I was thinking, I dont want people thinking we run cheap foreign crap! :laugh:

It's probably more reliable:laugh:

I bet the controls don't do the wiggle jiggle either.

I like the new Doosan Excavators

Junior M
12-07-2008, 12:04 PM
It's probably more reliable:laugh:

I bet the controls don't do the wiggle jiggle either.

I like the new Doosan Excavators
It doesnt! The 430 is the only machine that I have ever heard or seen that happen..

That new doosan in the background in the last pic looks almost like your Daewoo, dirtman...

YellowDogSVC
12-07-2008, 12:19 PM

Now that is about as ridiculous a statement as I have read.

So if you pull up to a jobsite in a Toyota Land Cruiser followed by your crew pulling a Kubota with an Isuzu, you are projecting "cheap crap"? I don't think so. Doosan is a technologically advanced company. I believe they put some of their systems larges.t, most advanced ships in the world. Quite amazing. ..But I would peel off that sticker.:usflag::laugh:

Junior M
12-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Now that is about as ridiculous a statement as I have read.

So if you pull up to a jobsite in a Toyota Land Cruiser followed by your crew pulling a Kubota with an Isuzu, you are projecting "cheap crap"? I don't think so. Doosan is a technologically advanced company. I believe they put some of their systems larges.t, most advanced ships in the world. Quite amazing. ..But I would peel off that sticker.:usflag::laugh:
I was being sarcastic, sorry, I am just naturally a smarta$$..

CAT powered
12-07-2008, 12:39 PM
I don''t think the rental company would be too happy with you if you pulled their decals off, Junior.

ksss
12-07-2008, 12:43 PM
I was being sarcastic, sorry, I am just naturally a smarta$$..

I am anxious to see how they intergrate BC and Doosan machines and product lines together. The timing could not have worse for Doosan, spending way too much for BC and then the economy falling off like a rock. I am also curious to see how BC customers react to the Doosan name and ownership.

10 or 15 years ago, the Korean excavators were no match in engineering and build quality to the Japanese machines. I am not sure that gap still exists.

You might want to get used to seeing Doosan all over BC equipment. I am sure they plan on getting people used to seeing the Doosan name and utilizing the BC machines is a good way to do that. I have a heat gun if anyone want to use it to pull the decal off.:laugh:

Junior M
12-07-2008, 12:49 PM
I don''t think the rental company would be too happy with you if you pulled their decals off, Junior.
Oh, I wont be, once we get one it will be coming off since it will most likely mid to late '09. We got to get a shop so the equipment wont being coming in the spring like planned :cry:

But seriously I am glad they got bobcat maybe they will bring some good to bobcat and improve some of the equipment, its not like its not over due..

ksss
12-07-2008, 12:50 PM

Good one. I was just getting ready to type the same thing.

Jr. why don't you show us how BC loyal you are by taking advantage of all the BC incentives right now. I got a flyer in the mail, and dam they are certainly making it easier to look past the shoddy build quality, sub standard engineering and lower productivity when compared to other machines on the market. :laugh:

Now is great time at least on the purchasing end to stop supporting your local rental store. Having work or it may be another matter but your the "king of the short bus", I am sure you can drum up some work.:laugh:

Junior M
12-07-2008, 12:55 PM

Jr. why don't you show us how BC loyal you are by taking advantage of all the BC incentives right now. I got a flyer in the mail, and dam they are certainly making it easier to look past the shoddy build quality, sub standard engineering and lower productivity when compared to other machines on the market. :laugh:

Now is great time at least on the purchasing end to stop supporting your local rental store. Having work or it may be another matter but your the "king of the short bus", I am sure you can drum up some work.:laugh:
Thats the problem KSSS we just cant afford it right now, and we just dont have the amount of work to justify sticking our neck out for a new piece of equipment. and then there is the where are we going to put it once we get it. Thats basically whats holding us up now. There is a 35D we could get for cheap, that we can afford, but once again where do we put it?

Oh, and I will need a truck before long so we are trying to put some money in the bank so I can get a decent 3/4 ton diesel..

Dirtman2007
12-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Thats the problem KSSS we just cant afford it right now, and we just dont have the amount of work to justify sticking our neck out for a new piece of equipment. and then there is the where are we going to put it once we get it. Thats basically whats holding us up now. There is a 35D we could get for cheap, that we can afford, but once again where do we put it?
Oh, and I will need a truck before long so we are trying to put some money in the bank so I can get a decent 3/4 ton diesel..

Just park it in the driveway like I do. Its not going to hurt the machine if it sits outside. lol

The reason that doosan looks like my daewoo is because doosan bought out daewoo. So it's the same machine with doosan decals.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 01:19 PM
Just park it in the driveway like I do. Its not going to hurt the machine if it sits outside. lol

The reason that doosan looks like my daewoo is because doosan bought out daewoo. So it's the same machine with doosan decals.
Thats not going to happen! Mom wont let it happen, she already complains about a little 24ft deckover sitting in the driveway...

Oh, I didnt know that...

Dirtman2007
12-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Thats not going to happen! Mom wont let it happen, she already complains about a little 24ft deckover sitting in the driveway...

Oh, I didnt know that...

When mommy runs out of money she will be glad so see that machine sitting in the driveway waiting for some work.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 01:27 PM
When mommy runs out of money she will be glad so see that machine sitting in the driveway waiting for some work.
Yeah, seriously, over the summer she was complaining we were working all the time and she never got to go to the clubhouse.. Just a couple weeks ago she was saying she wishes we would get some work..

Oh, well, she wont like it when we get a building either, because we will never be at home. So she can deal with a machine in the driveway or having a shop payment and us never being at home.. I am going for the shop and never being at home! :cool2:

ksss
12-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Carve out a pad out of the yard somewhere, throw some gravel down and throw up a hay shed type structure (no walls just roof) and park in there. As funding allows enclose it.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Carve out a pad out of the yard somewhere, throw some gravel down and throw up a hay shed type structure (no walls just roof) and park in there. As funding allows enclose it.
I suggested that, and I was vetoed.. Our little subdivision has a set of rules that say no open buildings like that and buildings must match the house. So we cant exactly build what we want because of those rules and not enough space. So we've found a 44ft deep by 80ft wide building with three 18ft tall garage doors. one drive through bay, one regular bay and one walled off and insulated bay off of the office with an apartment over the offices with a full bath. Its a really nice place with about an acre of ground. But they wont sell it, so for now we are going to try and rent it.

YellowDogSVC
12-07-2008, 02:01 PM

I started off without a shop. Had one but the doors were too low to keep equipment. Worked out fine. I wouldn't buy something brand new to start out unless you have the work but if you did have work and some money, this is absolutely the best time to buy equipment in probably 20 years. Tax incentives and equipment prices are lower than they have been.
If your dad wants a great '08 F350 dually for hauling with gooseneck, crewcab and 4x4 and less than 15k miles I'll sell mine for less than payoff. I'm cutting back to 1 truck until I see how things play out down here.
Oh, and don't let the CASE and CAT guys bully you. Bobcat may be behind the times but Bobcat is reliable even if they don't have all the bells and whistles of the other brands.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 02:08 PM
I started off without a shop. Had one but the doors were too low to keep equipment. Worked out fine. I wouldn't buy something brand new to start out unless you have the work but if you did have work and some money, this is absolutely the best time to buy equipment in probably 20 years. Tax incentives and equipment prices are lower than they have been.
If your dad wants a great '08 F350 dually for hauling with gooseneck, crewcab and 4x4 and less than 15k miles I'll sell mine for less than payoff. I'm cutting back to 1 truck until I see how things play out down here.
Oh, and don't let the CASE and CAT guys bully you. Bobcat may be behind the times but Bobcat is reliable even if they don't have all the bells and whistles of the other brands.
Dad isnt a Ford guy, if he was we'd probably have a truck by now since you can get a decent one for cheap around here, but he's a Dodge guy.

We dont neccasarily (<i know its not spelled right) need a shop just a place to store a piece of equipment. The only reason the shop we are looking at is so good, is because Dad has a 69 chevy he wants to rebuild and put a lift on and stuff like that. That and we still have alot of stuff shoved in our garage from the old shop in ohio, so we dont have any room in our garage at the house..

mrsops
12-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I am anxious to see how they intergrate BC and Doosan machines and product lines together. The timing could not have worse for Doosan, spending way too much for BC and then the economy falling off like a rock. I am also curious to see how BC customers react to the Doosan name and ownership.

10 or 15 years ago, the Korean excavators were no match in engineering and build quality to the Japanese machines. I am not sure that gap still exists.

You might want to get used to seeing Doosan all over BC equipment. I am sure they plan on getting people used to seeing the Doosan name and utilizing the BC machines is a good way to do that. I have a heat gun if anyone want to use it to pull the decal off.:laugh:

I myself being a bobcat owner for one will take the doosan sticker off because thats where my company name goes :laugh:.

mrsops
12-07-2008, 04:25 PM

Those incentives your getting are part of the 50 year anniversity specials big guy that has nothing to do with the quality of the machine :laugh:. That's funny i have been in every single skid steer out there they all will produce but when it comes to what machine has the best reliability nothing beats a bobcat skid steer. Don't kick your self in the ass ksss you yourself said the same about a certain bobcat skid you demoed :). Mini excavators are a different story bobcat makes a good mini but no where near the best

Junior M
12-07-2008, 04:39 PM
Who do you think makes the best mini ex, mrsops? I assume CAT?

mrsops
12-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Who do you think makes the best mini ex, mrsops? I assume CAT?

My cat 305c cr is a very nice machine i liked it better then the bobcat 337 when i demoed them against each other. The bobcat 337 thou was a nice machine its one of there nicest minis out there. I had a bobcat 341 with over 3,000 hrs and that was a real work horse that machine was nicer then the previous cat cr models. But the new cat ccr models are very nice machines

Junior M
12-07-2008, 04:49 PM
The CAT cr series are like stepping back into the '90's, we had one at work, you couldnt try and move the boom and bucket at idol when loading it.. and the throttle was in an awkward position and was backwards.

ksss
12-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Those incentives your getting are part of the 50 year anniversity specials big guy that has nothing to do with the quality of the machine :laugh:. That's funny i have been in every single skid steer out there they all will produce but when it comes to what machine has the best reliability nothing beats a bobcat skid steer. Don't kick your self in the ass ksss you yourself said the same about a certain bobcat skid you demoed :). Mini excavators are a different story bobcat makes a good mini but no where near the best

If I thought BC was the answer I would be running them believe me. I have demoed one prior to buying a new CASE almost without exception (except when I have replaced my largest machines, and now that they have a 330 sized machine to match the 465 I will try one of those as well). They don't outwork what I already run. I don't think that BC skid steers are very reliable at all, especially with their electronics. My only point is with 50 months interest free plus 4K of bonus cash thats is a good deal even if the machine itself isn't top shelf. As far as excavators I would never even waste my time demoing a BC excavator.

mrsops
12-07-2008, 05:11 PM
If I thought BC was the answer I would be running them believe me. I have demoed one prior to buying a new CASE almost without exception (except when I have replaced my largest machines, and now that they have a 330 sized machine to match the 465 I will try one of those as well). They don't outwork what I already run. I don't think that BC skid steers are very reliable at all, especially with their electronics. My only point is with 50 months interest free plus 4K of bonus cash thats is a good deal even if the machine itself isn't top shelf. As far as excavators I would never even waste my time demoing a BC excavator.

My machines are hand and foot controls so i don't have to worry about the electronics. If i thought something else out there can out work bobcat skid steers belive me it would be in my yard and i demoed every single skid steer out there i only buy what i feel will get the job done faster that's why i went with a cat mini ex but in the skid steer department no way nothing impresses me more then the bobcats

mrsops
12-07-2008, 05:17 PM

I think the s330 lifts a few hundred pounds more then the 465 and may have a little more horsepower and may have a higher reach i remember the guy at case telling me a few things about the 465 when it first came out

Junior M
12-07-2008, 05:23 PM
I really dont see what is so bad about bobcat mini ex's, there controls are more responsive. Its like they take less movement of the hand to do a movement, that is really the only difference I see between them and other brands of mini ex's..

ksss
12-07-2008, 05:48 PM
I think the s330 lifts a few hundred pounds more then the 465 and may have a little more horsepower and may have a higher reach i remember the guy at case telling me a few things about the 465 when it first came out

The 465 has 300 less ROC unless you spec the counter weight package and then the 465 has 300 pounds more ROC. The 465 without the counter weight handles an 84" bucket with backsplash full of pitrun very well. I don't need the extra ROC of the counterweight. The net hp is the same, however the CASE has much more torque 288 verse 217. Torque is much more important when your turning hyd. pumps and creating wheel torque. The 330 has two inches more lift height to the hinge pin, but the 465 has 8 inches more reach. I will take the 8" of reach over the 2 inches of lift height. I can easily clear the sides of my MACK which has a higher sided demo body, the reach allows me to dump right in the middle of the box. The 465 has about 1700 pounds more breakout than does the 330. The 465 also holds 4 gallons more hyd. fluid, which helps keep the hyd. system cooler. The CASE also has more available aux. gpm and more high flow gpm. Again for me thats important in what I use the machine for (much like a small wheel loader). Other than engine performance and breakout which CASE dominates it is a give and take. Running the foot/hand controls certainly keeps you out of the problematic electronics of the their other control options, but I will not run a machine with foot controls and without at least servo controls, the feedback and in the sticks is not comfortable to run.

You just have to pick what features and strengths are more important. I will likely demo a 330 just to see what they are about. It may run stronger than it looks on paper. Rumors are of CASE releasing a 485 sized machine. If that should happen I would be very interested in that.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 05:51 PM
KSSS what do you need such a big machine for?

mrsops
12-07-2008, 05:56 PM
The 465 has 300 less ROC unless you spec the counter weight package and then the 465 has 300 pounds more ROC. The 465 without the counter weight handles an 84" bucket with backsplash full of pitrun very well. I don't need the extra ROC of the counterweight. The net hp is the same, however the CASE has much more torque 288 verse 217. Torque is much more important when your turning hyd. pumps and creating wheel torque. The 330 has two inches more lift height to the hinge pin, but the 465 has 8 inches more reach. I will take the 8" of reach over the 2 inches of lift height. I can easily clear the sides of my MACK which has a higher sided demo body, the reach allows me to dump right in the middle of the box. The 465 has about 1700 pounds more breakout than does the 330. The 465 also holds 4 gallons more hyd. fluid, which helps keep the hyd. system cooler. The CASE also has more available aux. gpm and more high flow gpm. Again for me thats important in what I use the machine for (much like a small wheel loader). Other than engine performance and breakout which CASE dominates it is a give and take. Running the foot/hand controls certainly keeps you out of the problematic electronics of the their other control options, but I will not run a machine with foot controls and without at least servo controls, the feedback and in the sticks is not comfortable to run.

You just have to pick what features and strengths are more important. I will likely demo a 330 just to see what they are about. It may run stronger than it looks on paper. Rumors are of CASE releasing a 485 sized machine. If that should happen I would be very interested in that.

If you were impressed with the bobcat s220 belive me you will be very impressed with the bobcat s330 very impressive machine get a demo on one would like to see what you think about besides me and yellow dog owning one i dont think anyone else on here has even been in one.

ksss
12-07-2008, 05:58 PM
I really dont see what is so bad about bobcat mini ex's, there controls are more responsive. Its like they take less movement of the hand to do a movement, that is really the only difference I see between them and other brands of mini ex's..

They don't spec as well, their controls are not near as smooth as the Japanese machines. I question the hyd systems ability to cool. I will give them a nice cab package. I think the 430 and 435 is a bogus design compared to zero swing/zero tail machines from others. Some guys obviously like them, I am just not one of them. There are some very excellent excavators on the market now. BC just is not one of them IMHO.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 06:06 PM
They don't spec as well, their controls are not near as smooth as the Japanese machines. I question the hyd systems ability to cool. I will give them a nice cab package. I think the 430 and 435 is a bogus design compared to zero swing/zero tail machines from others. Some guys obviously like them, I am just not one of them. There are some very excellent excavators on the market now. BC just is not one of them IMHO.
I dont really look at specs, the reach and dump heighth is what concerns me the most. I dont care how much breakout force, I just get on it and run it, and determine if I like it or not. I dont think I have ever actually looked at the specs for 335 other than to see the wieght and if it will load a full size dump..

And yeah the 430 is crappy, by far the worst mini ex I've ever ran. Even the CAT 303cr I ran was better than the 430. I've never ran the 435 so not much to say there.

The only Japanese, I think, brand machine I have ran was an IHI, I think the one I liked was a 35N? We rented another with like 6,000 hours it was like a 28N?, I loved the 35 whatever. It had enough power, great breakout in hard clay, awesome visibility. it wasnt a cab but the rops were kinda spacious and was a comfortable seat. But I still like the bobcat controls better..

ksss
12-07-2008, 06:09 PM
KSSS what do you need such a big machine for?

I use it much like a wheel loader or like the loader end of a big backhoe. I use to load trucks and hog material around foundations and job sites. I also use it for typical skid steer type jobs, such as running attachments. The only way I can be productive by using a skid steer for some the more demanding tasks is to have a big one. Because these machines are so versatile (not just the 465 but I imagine all 3K plus ROC machines), they have a high ROI and I like that. Occasionally I still need to rent a wheel loader but not as often as one might think given the types of jobs we do.

mrsops
12-07-2008, 06:10 PM
I dont really look at specs, the reach and dump heighth is what concerns me the most. I dont care how much breakout force, I just get on it and run it, and determine if I like it or not. I dont think I have ever actually looked at the specs for 335 other than to see the wieght and if it will load a full size dump..

And yeah the 430 is crappy, by far the worst mini ex I've ever ran. Even the CAT 303cr I ran was better than the 430. I've never ran the 435 so not much to say there.

The only Japanese, I think, brand machine I have ran was an IHI, I think the one I liked was a 35N? We rented another with like 6,000 hours it was like a 28N?, I loved the 35 whatever. It had enough power, great breakout in hard clay, awesome visibility. it wasnt a cab but the rops were kinda spacious and was a comfortable seat. But I still like the bobcat controls better..

I ran probably every single bobcat mini excavator out there the 337 and 435 are there nicest machines they have.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 06:13 PM
I ran probably every single bobcat mini excavator out there the 337 and 435 are there nicest machines they have.
The 337 is a beast! I would like a 341, just for the reach. and more dump hieght. But for right now the 335 is perfect because the 331 is to small and the 337 is to big..

ksss
12-07-2008, 06:16 PM

I had a 35J IHI which was the series before the N. I put 2K hours on it. I have nothing bad to say about IHI excavators. That little IHI made me a lot of money with next to nothing spent on maintaining it. I got $3.5K less when I traded it verse what I bought it for. Cant beat that for depreciation on an excavator. I really like the control system on the IHI excavators, very smooth. They are one of the few OEM's that use 4 hyd. pumps on their excavators (two radial and two gear).

Junior M
12-07-2008, 06:19 PM
I had a 35J IHI which was the series before the N. I put 2K hours on it. I have nothing bad to say about IHI excavators. That little IHI made me a lot of money with next to nothing spent on maintaining it. I got $3.5K less when I traded it verse what I bought it for. Cant beat that for depreciation on an excavator. I really like the control system on the IHI excavators, very smooth. They are one of the few OEM's that use 4 hyd. pumps on their excavators (two radial and two gear).
That was it 35J, IHI has some nice machines, I like the machine all around. But there are no IHI dealers around here. I put like 18 hours on that machine in one weekend when we were redoing our backyard. and then went and dug stumps with it and moved them around with no thumb on sunday! :cool2:

YellowDogSVC
12-07-2008, 06:44 PM
T. The net hp is the same, however the CASE has much more torque 288 verse 217. Torque is much more important when your turning hyd. pumps and creating wheel torque. The 330 has two inches more lift height to the hinge pin, but the 465 has 8 inches more reach. I will take the 8" of reach over the 2 inches of lift height. t.

The s330 has a bigger motor and more torque than the s300 which has 211 ft. lbs. The CAT 272c has 217 ft.lbs of torque.
The torque on the s330 is 225.3 ft lbs. 85 net hp, 94 gross. 230 cu inch displacement. The gpm on high flow are 37 at 3300 psi but you can easily get 39 at 3450-3675 psi. You can turn up your psi and max out your rpm range as well as adjust the fueling on the s330 (so I am told) so that it makes 94 gross hp, 92 net.

As you all have read, I took an s330 and put the 12-16.5 s300 rims and tires on, removed all counterweights (except belly weights that I can't easily get out) and welded boom stops to compensate for the smaller tires. I love my machine's power and pushing strength. I think, compared to the CAT I had, that it uses the bigger engine effectively to get more power for the same tasks. I think the CAT 201 cu. in. motor is more responsive (more peppy) but it just didn't have the grunt that the s330 has. I feel that the s330 is so powerful that I will probably either bend a bucket (and I think the Bobcat CI bucket is HD) or break the bobtach.

Oh, the Bobcat has CASE controls if you hit the switch!

BTW, the s330 on paper is 9185 lbs with 185 lb operator. Empty it's 9,000 stock. My machine, with all counterweights stripped, high flow, AC and cab, hulk tires with slime 12-16.5, ride control, secondary auxiliary hydraulics, and full of fluids weighed 8,900 lbs with CI 74" tooth bucket. If you get a stock s330, add the high flow, cab and air, and fill her up, you probably have a 9400 lbs machine before you add an attachment other than bucket. That's a lot of beef to move around and you need the extra motor size in my opinion.

The machine doesn't spec well on breakout but all I can say, objectively, is it is much stronger than the better spec'd 272c and even though it is spec'd the same on breakout, etc., it blows the s300 I had away especially when digging into a pile of #2 crushed base.

mrsops
12-07-2008, 06:48 PM
The s330 has a bigger motor and more torque than the s300 which has 211 ft. lbs. The CAT 272c has 217 ft.lbs of torque.
The torque on the s330 is 225.3 ft lbs. 85 net hp, 94 gross. 230 cu inch displacement. The gpm on high flow are 37 at 3300 psi but you can easily get 39 at 3450-3675 psi. You can turn up your psi and max out your rpm range as well as adjust the fueling on the s330 (so I am told) so that it makes 94 gross hp, 92 net.

As you all have read, I took an s330 and put the 12-16.5 s300 rims and tires on, removed all counterweights (except belly weights that I can't easily get out) and welded boom stops to compensate for the smaller tires. I love my machine's power and pushing strength. I think, compared to the CAT I had, that it uses the bigger engine effectively to get more power for the same tasks. I think the CAT 201 cu. in. motor is more responsive (more peppy) but it just didn't have the grunt that the s330 has. I feel that the s330 is so powerful that I will probably either bend a bucket (and I think the Bobcat CI bucket is HD) or break the bobtach.

I told you that you would love that machine. That bobcat s330 is so smooth and powerfull.

Dirtman2007
12-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Get used to your new colors LOL

http://www.machinerytrader.com/images/Machinery/fullsize/78123869.jpg

Machine only has 4 hrs for $25,500...

http://www.machinerytrader.com/images/Machinery/fullsize/78407948.jpg

mrsops
12-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I doubt there going to paint bobcats all orange like that

Junior M
12-07-2008, 07:39 PM
The only thing I have to say Dirtman: Um, NO!

Dirtman2007
12-07-2008, 07:45 PM
The only thing I have to say Dirtman: Um, NO!

You have to look at the bright side of things..:laugh:

Junior M
12-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Orange isnt on the bright side of things

ksss
12-07-2008, 08:22 PM

Oh, the Bobcat has CASE controls if you hit the switch!

BTW, the s330 on paper is 9185 lbs with 185 lb operator. Empty it's 9,000 stock. My machine, with all counterweights stripped, high flow, AC and cab, hulk tires with slime 12-16.5, ride control, secondary auxiliary hydraulics, and full of fluids weighed 8,900 lbs with CI 74" tooth bucket. If you get a stock s330, add the high flow, cab and air, and fill her up, you probably have a 9400 lbs machine before you add an attachment other than bucket. That's a lot of beef to move around and you need the extra motor size in my opinion.

The machine doesn't spec well on breakout but all I can say, objectively, is it is much stronger than the better spec'd 272c and even though it is spec'd the same on breakout, etc., it blows the s300 I had away especially when digging into a pile of #2 crushed base.

I think the S300 is much like the old 883. The 330 at least appears to have been built as a larger machine rather than updating a smaller one to compete in a larger ROC class.

bobcat_ron
12-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah, that orange won't be on the new Bobcat's and they don't even remotely look like that.

Hydraulic tank capacity is one thing some people over look, like KSSS mentioned, the more, the cooler everything runs. People's eyes still pop out of their heads when I tell them how little oil the Bobcat had in their tiny reservoir compared to the ocean of oil the Cat's use.

stuvecorp
12-07-2008, 09:09 PM

This is not a shot at you Mrsops but do you really believe that? I will honestly tell you that I would not demo or want to own certain brands, call it prejudiced but from what I see and what some brands run for motors for example that forms my attitude towards the brand. I am always surprised how my experience(or attitude) to so radically different towards some equipment brands than some of you guys on here.

YellowDogSVC
12-07-2008, 09:49 PM
I think the S300 is much like the old 883. The 330 at least appears to have been built as a larger machine rather than updating a smaller one to compete in a larger ROC class.

The s330 is built on the identical frame as the s300. Only thing that I have found that is different is the angle of the bobtach, the stock tires, and the motor. Everything else looks identical and would be interchangeable with any of the K series S300's I had.

The 883 was just bigger tires on a 873, right? It has the deutz motor at 73.5 hp just like the 873 and 863 from what I remember. It might have had counterweights on the axles too.

Scag48
12-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I've run a few Bobcat mnis (331, 337, 325) and I wasn't overly impressed with any of them. The 337 I ran was fairly new, only 100 hours when I ran it. Controls were stiff and somewhat unresponsive, but I managed, I wasn't doing anything that required a light touch. I liked the stability and the 2 speed button on the blade control, but the machine seemed somewhat clumsy. It had a fair amount of juice, but it should, BC puts huge motors in their excavators compared to everyone else (more fuel burned) but I wouldn't say they are more productive than other excavators their size. Not bad machines, they work for some guys, but they definatley aren't the best.

Junior M
12-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Thats one thing I can say bad about all bobcat mini's is that the controls are stiff, but take less movement of the hand to make a movement with the machine, but once you get used to them they are nice.

What would make them stiff or move faster like that? Just the way they are adjusted or made?