PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Bay

Hokie84
12-07-2008, 12:59 PM
A vendor in our area has started carring Eagle Bay products. They are reasonably priced and look ok. I believe they are manufactured in Virginia.

Does anyone have experience with this product? If so, what is your opinion of this product?

Thanks

CertPro
12-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Got a link?

Hokie84
12-08-2008, 08:35 AM
www.eaglebayusa.com

soopa
12-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Website is convincing. Love the design options available... certainly seems like they "get it" more than any other manufacturer (most of whom don't seem to have a clue).

Too bad there's not a dealer within 100 miles of me.

TSGVA
12-08-2008, 10:34 PM
Eagle Bay is a nice product. We are in Central VA and it's made in Richmond...an hour away....which is nice. It's a nice product and we use it quite frequently.

However, everything is being tumbled 'in line'....no drum tumbling which looks a lot better, yet creates more waste at the plant I guess. I thought I'd give them a shot a few years ago and was surprised at how well they looked....even impressed with the distressing. The blends are nice and there is a lot of versatility in the product. Used to use Cambridge and they started having some major issues.....

DVS Hardscaper
12-08-2008, 11:16 PM
I am not sure if it is Eagle Bay, but I do know that there is a manufacturer with a new plant in Richmond, VA that not only manufacturers pavers......but they also INSTALL. And rumor has it - that whomever this company is - is lookin to do installations anywhere.

Again, it may not be Eagle Bay, or maybe it is, but there is no way will buy a product from a company that could potentially be a competitor. May be something to look into.

I hear this is one problem Techo has with their Techo Depot in PA. It's said that Techo-Depot also installs pavers. And it's said that some contractors refuse to buy from Techo-Depot because of such.

TSGVA
12-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Hmmm, never heard of Eagle Bay also installing....but, it's worth lookin' into. If they are, then some suppliers have some 'splaining to do. We haven't used Techo in about 5 or 6 years. What's your paver of choice in MD, DVS? Where'd you hear about Eagle Bay installing?

TSGVA
12-09-2008, 08:22 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, you may be speaking of Xterior Pavers that built a plant near Richmond. I believe I heard that they are offering 'free estimates for installed projects' as it also says on their website. Nice.....sounds cheap and low-ballish to me....and potentially desperate in these times.

They offer direct shipping and such, but I agree, if they are willing to travel to my service area and take a job from me while supplying the pavers, forget about it. Not sure what their line looks like but we have other great product selection to choose from right in our own backyard.

Hokie84
12-09-2008, 09:01 AM
TSGVA,
Thanks for the good information.

GroundScapesIncorporated
12-10-2008, 05:17 PM
We have been installing Eagle Bay for over a year now, we have installed over 10,000 square feet of Eagle Bay pavers in 2008 so far.
they are a new company (2-3 years old) out of Richmond VA, although I dont know for sure, I am almost positive that Eagle Bay does not install.
We have been real happy with Eagle Bay so far, no problems what so ever.

I try to sell Techo Bloc first and foremost, but fall back on Eagle Bay when prices need to be cut, These are the only two paver manufactures we really mess with.

GroundScapesIncorporated
01-15-2009, 12:48 AM
Anybody else giving Eagle Bay a try?

GroundScapesIncorporated
01-15-2009, 12:52 AM
All pictures are Eagle Bay jobs we installed this past summer or Fall.

Bru75
01-15-2009, 09:25 AM
I like eagle bay. I also use techo bloc when I can, and fall back on eagle bay. Their pavers are really good, but the wall blocks could be improved. There is a bit to much varience between blocks in the height, and sometimes there is a little bit of concrete left near the lip in back that has to be chipped off for it to sit without rocking. Over all it's a good product.

Lite4
01-15-2009, 10:18 AM
Wow, nice pics. Good job on the pavers. Very clean and tight.