PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find...

Junior M
12-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Ok, so we are trying to get any piece of equipment, we need anything just so we can get some grading work with this GC we're working for and his lots are small and usually about 1 or 2 maybe 3 a month so we wont make enough to pay rental on a T190, so we've found some 863's and 773's bobcat skids for cheap, but we still want tracks. Well, I am not buying a T190 with 2 or 3,000 hours for 15k, just to much that could go wrong on a CTL or that will need replaced. So anyways, we would still like tracks, and I mentioned VTS to dad and he wants to know how much a set costs for either a 773 or an 863 from the late 90's, so where can I look to find a price for a set? or who can I get in contact with to get a price?

CAT powered
12-07-2008, 08:16 PM
I've got no idea where you can find your stuff, but YAAAAY. Junior's gettin his own equipment finally. :clapping:

Junior M
12-07-2008, 08:21 PM
I've got no idea where you can find your stuff, but YAAAAY. Junior's gettin his own equipment finally. :clapping:
I know!!! I have no clue where we're going to put it, but who cares! We already missed a new kubota 161 something with 300 hours for 9 grand. I would like the 863 just because they look tough, like all large frame skids do. I found a 1998 773 with joysticks? :confused: I have no clue what pattern but its like 15,000. :cry:

I hope something work outs, its not for sure yet but we're looking and it would give us a start...

CAT powered
12-07-2008, 08:25 PM
What's your budget looking like for a machine? That'd help you in your search and help my ability to help you search.

Summit L & D
12-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Try craigslist. Do a google search using terms like this: bobcat 863 site:craigslist.org

That way you are searching the national craigslist database.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Dad hasnt been to the bank or anything yet to get numbers for sure, but I am guessing12 or 15 at the most. I am trying to stay below 10k..

Here is an S185 we're looking at, its kinda rough, but we can repaint equipment
http://cgi.ebay.com/2003-BOBCAT-S-185-SKIDLOADER-W-1424-HRS-W-KUBOTA-N-R_W0QQitemZ160302987320QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkid_Steel_Loaders?hash=item160302987320&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1308%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A18%7C294%3A50

CAT powered
12-07-2008, 08:32 PM
That doesn't look all too terrible to me. If you just replace the front glass you'll be all set. I'd want to go look at it and check its mechanical condition on everything, but for the most part it looks alright to me.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah, definetly look at it before purchase, the plus side its in Ohio, so we could look at it while we're there..

Summit L & D
12-07-2008, 08:41 PM
http://westslope.craigslist.org/grd/920405300.html

There's no pictures, but I'll leave the leg work to you.

minimax
12-07-2008, 08:46 PM
What about ironplanet? The prices are petty good on the skid and CTL's.

minimax

Junior M
12-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Sorry, no 873, the controls suck, they have electric servo's so they respond from the smallest movement. Dad already shot an 873 down..

ksss
12-07-2008, 08:47 PM
If you can deal with a CAT skid steer there are frequently CAT skid steers with VTS systems on them on Iron Planet. Some I have seen sell for less than 15K. It might be worth a look. There are some killer deals on there now.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Dad said he wanted to stay with bobcat so I am not going to argue, although I did find a 226 (I think?) with VTS, I didnt really look at it, I just wanted to show dad the VTS..

I am not going to try and talk him in to another brand, I just want a piece of equipment!

Although I think I could talk him in to this! :laugh: :laugh:
http://cgi.ebay.com/610-BobCat-Skid-Steer-Bucket-Forks-Tooth-Bar-Bremen-IN_W0QQitemZ140286994159QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkid_Steel_Loaders?hash=item140286994159&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A22%7C294%3A50

ksss
12-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Dad said he wanted to stay with bobcat so I am not going to argue, although I did find a 226 (I think?) with VTS, I didnt really look at it, I just wanted to show dad the VTS..

I am not going to try and talk him in to another brand, I just want a piece of equipment!

Although I think I could talk him in to this! :laugh: :laugh:
http://cgi.ebay.com/610-BobCat-Skid-Steer-Bucket-Forks-Tooth-Bar-Bremen-IN_W0QQitemZ140286994159QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkid_Steel_Loaders?hash=item140286994159&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A22%7C294%3A50

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/188912/Skid-Steer-Loader/Bobcat/S185/Used/California?h=400%2CbyAuctionResults%2F2%2CNewSearch

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/188678/Skid-Steer-Loader/Doosan/Other/Used/Georgia?h=400%2CbyAuctionResults%2F2%2CNewSearch

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/189733/Multi-Terrain-Loader/Caterpillar/262B-Multi-Terrain-Loader/Used/North-Carolina?h=400%2CbyAuctionResults%2F2%2CNewSearch

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/189738/Multi-Terrain-Loader/Caterpillar/236B-Multi-Terrain-Loader/Used/North-Carolina?h=400%2CbyAuctionResults%2F2%2CNewSearch

http://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/187163/Multi-Terrain-Loader/Takeuchi/TL140/Used/Georgia?h=400%2CbyAuctionResults%2F2%2CNewSearch

Check out some of these prices. The 236B with 300 hours and VTS is a great deal. That machine sold for 14K. If it makes your dad feel better find the best deal and paint it white. When you get on feet, by all means, buy what you want to run. Your not in a great position to be soo picky. Buy the machine that gives you the most for the least cash.

Those Doosan skid steers are new and selling for 11 to 15K. Yea its a Doosan, but you wont lose anything buying one. Even if they lost half of their value after 2000 hours and 5 years so what. Its a great deal especially for someone in your situation.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 09:20 PM
I like the Tak's, I've never run one, but they look to be beasts, but buying a used CTL or MTL scares me. I know some people that have some horror stories about buying used CTL's..

I am not being picky, its him, he says he wants to stay with Bobcat because of the dealer service and he knows the people there, also he has owned and ran the models we're looking at..

I am going to try and get him to venture where he has never been before, the cat dealership, to look at some VTS systems and get some numbers on them..

ksss
12-07-2008, 09:24 PM
I like the Tak's, I've never run one, but they look to be beasts, but buying a used CTL or MTL scares me. I know some people that have some horror stories about buying used CTL's..

I am not being picky, its him, he says he wants to stay with Bobcat because of the dealer service and he knows the people there, also he has owned and ran the models we're looking at..

I am going to try and get him to venture where he has never been before, the cat dealership, to look at some VTS systems and get some numbers on them..

I would get your money together and sit in front of the computer on auction day and pull up IP. You cant beat the prices and most are in your area.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I would get your money together and sit in front of the computer on auction day and pull up IP. You cant beat the prices and most are in your area.
When is auction day? Do I have to do anything special to join? I am also going to call my guy at Bobcat and see what he has or knows of, shoot he might sell one of his pieces of equipment..

Heres exactly what I would like to get if I cant get a T190, its only about $6,000 to much, and to far away..
http://cgi.ebay.com/2004-Bobcat-S185-Gold-Package-ACS-Controls-Low-Hours_W0QQitemZ270313983054QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkid_Steel_Loaders?hash=item270313983054&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A26%7C294%3A50

stuvecorp
12-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Check out some of these prices. The 236B with 300 hours and VTS is a great deal. That machine sold for 14K. If it makes your dad feel better find the best deal and paint it white. When you get on feet, by all means, buy what you want to run. Your not in a great position to be soo picky. Buy the machine that gives you the most for the least cash.

Those Doosan skid steers are new and selling for 11 to 15K. Yea its a Doosan, but you wont lose anything buying one. Even if they lost half of their value after 2000 hours and 5 years so what. Its a great deal especially for someone in your situation.

I think the VTS is way better riding than a dedicated track machine. The production or performance with the VTS is awesome, I was bummed going with the XT series compared to the newer 400's but I think it was worth it for the deal I got. The point I am trying to make is I believe the VTS is the answer even if you have to run a machine you don't really like. That deal on the Cat KSSS found would be a good way to get your own machine and you could always split up the machine and VTS and easily get your money out of it.

Look at something like the Doosan for the reason they may put a financial package together that gets you in to the machine easier than bank financing.

My first skid was a New Holland that came with a trailer, auger and forks that a builder wanted to get out of so I got it for what the lease had left. I ran it for two years and traded it in on a new NH for $2,000 less and kept the trailer, auger and forks. Take your time deciding on a machine because it can set you up for the future or become a burden.

Junior M
12-07-2008, 10:06 PM
I am still throwing around the idear of talking to one of dads friends that owns a clearing and grading and dumpster company that is selling all his dirt equipment because of the economy, he has a couple cat MTL's and he mentioned just having us taking over the payments on whatever equipment we wanted, but I am afraid the mtl will have a huge payment and then need a new undercarriage and crap like that, but I dont know I am going to see if dad will talk to him next time he see's him in town..

NEUSWEDE
12-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Get a skid you have more versatility and If VTS isn't in the budget I have a set of over the tire tracks with rubber pads, the Mclaren ones for a 12" tire only 40 hours on them and will sell them off for a deal $1900 just putting it out there.

But you can get deals on VTS, I just got a deal on VTS on iron planet that is why I am getting rid of the OTT. Iron planet is easy, sign up (no fee) then get qualified to bid (no fee) and watch the auctions. I am watching waiting for a mini X to come my way. Now is the best time lots of deals.

grassmanvt
12-08-2008, 06:19 PM
funny you bring up that machine on e-bay, I happen to be high bidder on it. I have met the owner of that company (Greg) personally and if you ever have any doubts on his stuff, don't, he's a straight shooter and a nice guy. I've bought a few small things from him and vice versa.

stuvecorp
12-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Get a skid you have more versatility and If VTS isn't in the budget I have a set of over the tire tracks with rubber pads, the Mclaren ones for a 12" tire only 40 hours on them and will sell them off for a deal $1900 just putting it out there.

But you can get deals on VTS, I just got a deal on VTS on iron planet that is why I am getting rid of the OTT. Iron planet is easy, sign up (no fee) then get qualified to bid (no fee) and watch the auctions. I am watching waiting for a mini X to come my way. Now is the best time lots of deals.

Over the tire tracks will work and not cost you too much. I don't think they should be overlooked just yet.

mow king
12-08-2008, 07:04 PM
funny you bring up that machine on e-bay, I happen to be high bidder on it. I have met the owner of that company (Greg) personally and if you ever have any doubts on his stuff, don't, he's a straight shooter and a nice guy. I've bought a few small things from him and vice versa.

I second that, stand up guy too...The trailer I bought from him had inoperable lights..he offered to drive an 75 miles each way to fix it or to pay the repair bill, and he did.

Junior M
12-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Which one? The last S185 I posted that was to much?

And we're not over looking, we would just rather have the VTS, but if we can't afford it we will go with the over the tire tracks, I just dont know how well they will float in the sand like a track..

grassmanvt
12-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I was talking about the one zeigler equipment had in oh.

Junior M
12-08-2008, 09:33 PM
I was talking about the one zeigler equipment had in oh.
Oh, okay, I was about to say, umm I posted alot of links to equipment..

Would you happen to know how far they are from Columbus, Ohio?

grassmanvt
12-08-2008, 09:35 PM

No, I don't. Met him out here, have never phyisically been out there. If you are looking for a particular machine, e-mail him, last I knew he quite a few skids incoming. Not give away pricing but usually very fair. Tell him grassman sent ya.

Junior M
12-08-2008, 09:36 PM
No, I don't. Met him out here, have never phyisically been out there. If you are looking for a particular machine, e-mail him, last I knew he quite a few skids incoming. Not give away pricing but usually very fair. Tell him grassman sent ya.
I'll do that, Thanks man..

mow king
12-08-2008, 10:10 PM

Between an hour and a hour and a half roughly.

Junior M
12-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Between an hour and a hour and a half roughly.
Crap, okay.. Might have to run into Bobcat of Columbus, and a couple deere dealerships just to see what they got while I am up there...

mow king
12-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Crap, okay.. Might have to run into Bobcat of Columbus, and a couple deere dealerships just to see what they got while I am up there...

I wouldn't waste your time, their prices are a ~20% higher then what you would pay online.

RockSet N' Grade
12-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Junior, I have read the thread........still don't know specifically what kind of work you will be doing. Yards? New or Remodel? Narrowest access width? You gonna do sprinklers and downspout drainage pipe install? Gonna take out existing lawns? Install sod or seed? Share, as best you can without getting caught in class, a "job description" of what you are gonna be doing.......

Lawnworks
12-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Ok, so we are trying to get any piece of equipment, we need anything just so we can get some grading work with this GC we're working for and his lots are small and usually about 1 or 2 maybe 3 a month so we wont make enough to pay rental on a T190,

Jobs don't sound real profitable?

RockSet N' Grade
12-09-2008, 12:13 AM
rough grade just to pass inspection or a "real" final grade? For itty-bitty's you ought to consider a ditchwitch 650. Nice tracked machine that can finish grade out a small lot a whole lot better than a skid or tractor, you can get a trencher attachment to do sprinklers or downspout drainage pipe, comes with a bucket to haul stuff, you can get an auger so you could put in fence or a larger 36" auger to plant trees or large shrubs....If you are looking at "anything" seriously consider that option......alot of guys around here make handsome money with that little rascal.

Junior M
12-09-2008, 07:54 AM
There not itty bitty just small enough that it wouldnt be profitable to rent a skid because we could do it too fast to make anything. We have some work for a skid, and its still backfilling pools, grading, backfilling electric and water service, grading and sodding, drainage, we'll still do irrigation when we get one, but we'll probably end up with a mini ex for that job or a hoe attachment for the skid, I hate trenchers and Dad is going to talk to the CEO of the co-op and see if they need some one doing reclamations. and if there's never a width problem on a pool, and if there is on a yard we'll solve it. But we have work, we have a couple small clearing jobs, we still have a job we just ran out of money on and they said comeback when we have a piece of equipment just setting around, that was back in July. There is another clearing job that will atleast take me a couple weeks just running from when I get to the job after school to dark and a little after.

I would like the 863 because we like to do retaining walls, but I dont think the 773 will life a full pallet of block so well. And I think it would be easier to find a decent 863, where it wont be with the 773 because they were a popular machine, and alot of them are pretty rough with alot of hours..

Well it will be a rough grade first just to keep everything from running off, and then when they are ready to get the certificate of occupancy it will be a final grade basically by eye and then we will probably end up laying the sod and planting the 5 bushes needed...

bobcatexc
12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
JR have you even figured up how many of this little jobs it would take to pay off a machine probably not really worth it, I think you've got more of a cause of "Yellow Iron Syndrome" than a workload.

Also I've seen some cheap prices for equipment right now, but 9k for a almost new Kubota 161 :confused: :confused: If you've got prices like that going on down there I'd like to know what that guy with the Deere 35D wants.

Junior M
12-09-2008, 10:10 AM
We've got the work, dont worry about that, we just need a machine, we've had to turn down alot of work this summer because it would actually cost us money to do it because rental is so expensive. Like the GC we're working for right now asked us to dig the electric service, but we couldnt because we would've had to charge them $400+ dollars, she just had the guy doing the septic just dig it, where if we had a machine we could've dug it, backfilled it, and graded the yard all in a day. And I am not the one making the decision if we buy one or not, my dad is, this is all his decision, I am just looking at the equipment and suggesting things. Really in the end my opinion doesnt mean jack, he's the one that controls the account.

And the Kubota was a machine that a builder that is going bankrupt had and he didnt want to send it back to the bank or just needs the money or something, I dont know the complete story, but he sold it for pay off which was 9,000.

The 35D is a kinda friend to friend deal between my dad and the guy that owns it, a guy he used to work with, The guy has a couple mini's and doesnt really need 2 and he said if we really wanted it he would sell it to us, he said if we didnt want it no big deal, but it was there if we could figure out how to get it..

RockSet N' Grade
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM
Junior........don't get all excited about "big equipment" and miss the money making aspect of this whole deal. For what you have described, a DitchWitch SK650 with attachments would be perfect for you. It would give you profitablility, versatility and efficiency for all the jobs you have mentioned......Alot of people overlook a "mini-skid", but they can be a homerun money maker!

Junior M
12-09-2008, 04:01 PM
Junior........don't get all excited about "big equipment" and miss the money making aspect of this whole deal. For what you have described, a DitchWitch SK650 with attachments would be perfect for you. It would give you profitablility, versatility and efficiency for all the jobs you have mentioned......Alot of people overlook a "mini-skid", but they can be a homerun money maker!
Oh, I would love a walk behind, but these yards are just to big to do with a walk behind, they just wouldnt make us enough money to pay rental. For the irrigation the walkbehind would be perfect, except it wouldnt be able to move the pallets of sod, and walkbehinds are kinda hairy to load on our trailer. But even backfilling a pool we would still have to rent a skid. and on the clearing jobs we would still have to rent a skid, where if we owned a skid we could come in get all the loose crap out, bring in a hoe attachment, dig up the stumps, and grade it all with one machine. I know the hoe attachment would suck for digging stumps but its better than renting a mini ex. Like I said before I am not making any decision, I am just giving my opinion to dad. I think if I was making the decisions the walk behind would be the next thing after a skid to be bought.