PDA

View Full Version : New bobcat loaders

Bleed Green
12-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Anybody else heard this? New Bobcat CTL's
Bobcat is coming out with a new cab design for next year, some new machines are a T110 and a T380 rated over 100hp. Supposedly you will be able to order them with rubber or steel tracks.
Found this on another site.

mrsops
12-07-2008, 11:24 PM
whats the other site

Bleed Green
12-07-2008, 11:31 PM
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/construction-equipment/130927-new-bobcat-ctls.html

bobcat_ron
12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Bleed Green, you got a PM.

finegrade
12-08-2008, 06:49 PM
Bleed Green

The PM, don't believe everything you read or hear about Bobcat from pro Caterpillar members. I looked into it myself and its absolutely untrue.
There are some real serious anti Bobcat people on this forum but you should also note that there are more Bobcat supporters!!!

If I hear anything, I will let you know,

Finegrade

SellingIron
12-08-2008, 06:55 PM
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/construction-equipment/130927-new-bobcat-ctls.html

Great lead there Bleed G... We shall see the new series very soon.....

BIGBEN2004
12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
All I got to say is how big will they make a skid loader before it defeats the purpose of a skid loader. Soon the engine will be so big the fuel tank will only have enough room for 5 hours worth of work. What goo would that be? At the same time I would like to run a Bobcat if they make one with over 100 Hp. that would be crazy.

bobcat_ron
12-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Bleed Green

The PM, don't believe everything you read or hear about Bobcat from pro Caterpillar members. I looked into it myself and its absolutely untrue.
There are some real serious anti Bobcat people on this forum but you should also note that there are more Bobcat supporters!!!

Finegrade

I can assure you this is not coming from a Cat supporter, I have seen the video (that was shown to me) with my own eyes and I was impressed, so impressed I can't wait to see the new series so that I can try one out.

'nuff said.

mrsops
12-08-2008, 07:16 PM
I can assure you this is not coming from a Cat supporter, I have seen the video (that was shown to me) with my own eyes and I was impressed, so impressed I can't wait to see the new series so that I can try one out.

'nuff said.

ron let me tell you something it must of been something else if your impressed by it

bobcat_ron
12-08-2008, 07:30 PM
ron let me tell you something it must of been something else if your impressed by it

It's not enough to sway me back to Bobcat, I really don't want to the be the guinea pig on such a new series, but the fact that it resembles Cat's C series so much still makes me lie awake in bed.
But I will say this, I really want a Bobcat E310 super mini excavator with a hammer on it, damn those things are useful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBKRHIsHk4A

mrsops
12-08-2008, 07:36 PM
It's not enough to sway me back to Bobcat, I really don't want to the be the guinea pig on such a new series, but the fact that it resembles Cat's C series so much still makes me lie awake in bed.
But I will say this, I really want a Bobcat E310 super mini excavator with a hammer on it, damn those things are useful!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBKRHIsHk4A

wowwwww great video ron thats the new bobcat 418. It retracts i think to 24inches or something. Talk about getting into tight areas thats crazy

bobcat_ron
12-08-2008, 07:46 PM
That's the E08 and the E10, the E10 has the pilots controls that are also retractable, the E08 is just the old backhoe style controls.
I lost one job already because my skid steer and mini excavator were too big to go through the door ways, so some dude with a MT52 and a hammer did it all.

Junior M
12-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Bleed Green

Finegrade
Umm, it obviously isnt that untrue if its other places? and do you even know what it is about? If you dont, you are talking a bunch of BS..

Bleed Green
12-08-2008, 08:32 PM
ya i mean i found this somewhere else so i guess we will have to see what happens with it. If it is true they sound pretty sweet can not wait to see them

Bleed Green
12-08-2008, 08:37 PM
those little bobcat e=mini ex's are pretty cool looking for no bigger than they are they seem to be pretty productive watching that video anyway

BrandonV
12-08-2008, 09:45 PM
i like the looks of them, but I really doubt their abilities around here, we're one hills and have real tough ground, though I really doubted my backhoe attachment on my sk650 too and it has impressed. but I think it'd might be a bit larger than this small fry.

Scag48
12-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Running a .8 ton machine to dig is painstakingly slow, but they beat a shovel if you can't get anything bigger into the job. Bobcat poorly designed the blade wing retraction IMO by sliding the wings, I think dirt and debris would hang it up and it definately doesn't look very solid. I know, not a very big mini to be pushing with, but I'm thinking long term. I prefer the folding wings, they're simple and rugged.

BIGBEN2004
12-09-2008, 07:33 PM
At the local fair I saw a walk behind mini excavator I think it was Ditch Witch but I can't find anything about it on their website but that was very compact even more so then that Bobcat.

BrandonV
12-09-2008, 08:35 PM
you likely saw a zahn w/ the backhoe front end. very cool

BIGBEN2004
12-10-2008, 08:37 AM
Thats it. It looked very handy. Team that with one of their walk behind CTL's and you have a mighty compact team. I like the Ditch Witch products but around here their is only one dealer and they are outrageous on their prices. Cheaper to rent since the local rental companies use Ditch Witch products.

Junior M
12-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Thats it. It looked very handy. Team that with one of their walk behind CTL's and you have a mighty compact team. I like the Ditch Witch products but around here their is only one dealer and they are outrageous on their prices. Cheaper to rent since the local rental companies use Ditch Witch products.
I think that zahn thing would be pretty productive enough by itself, I wonder which machine, the sk650 or the zahn, would dig better in hard soil..

BrandonV
12-10-2008, 04:50 PM
sk650, or are you talking about with a backhoe attachment?

Junior M
12-10-2008, 05:11 PM
sk650, or are you talking about with a backhoe attachment?
a SK650 with a backhoe attachment, and a zahn backhoe attachment, I wonder which one would do better in hard soils..