PDA

View Full Version : soil conditioner info

WellsLandscaping
12-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Has anyone ever used a soil conditioner or "Harley Rake"? Any feedback about results would be appreciated.

cddva
12-09-2008, 12:09 AM
My experience with a Harley Rake is this; it works exactly as advertised. It rakes, fine grades and pulverizes and leaves a perfect seedbed for new lawns all with one attachment and much faster and simpler than using other attachments. I've used the tractor 3 point hitch model and the hydraulic skid steer model and they both get the job done.

Summit L & D
12-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Both are fantastic! Demo both and you'll figure out which one you need more.

SellingIron
12-09-2008, 12:16 AM
Soil Conditioners work great in Fl. Use to rip up dead sod or smooth out rutts in the dirt...
84" with angle left to right from the thumb switch...

AWJ Services
12-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Do a search there is a ton of posts on them.

Nelson M Martin
12-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Soil Conditioners work great in Fl. Use to rip up dead sod or smooth out rutts in the dirt...
84" with angle left to right from the thumb switch...

Not to hijack this thread...i am curiuos if anyone on here is familiar with the hydraulic valve on a harley rake for skid mount?
They have one to anlge the rake left and right...12 volt operated
i have seen one small used harley rake and thot the valve might be useful in some other applications for skid steer mount attachments (ie. snow blower hood turner etc.)

grassmanvt
12-10-2008, 06:28 PM
Love harley rakes, best tool I've stumbled onto in the last few years.Easy to run but takes a while to really realize how much you can do.

ConstSvcs
12-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I own a "Preparator" by FFC. It too is for seed bed preparation and works very well.
http://www.ffcattachments.com/products_details.asp?Product_Id=314

Digdeep
12-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Excellent attachment. There is a company up here in Wisconsin by the name of Nortec that makes a slightly lower cost soil conditioner that works very well too.