PDA

View Full Version : Accepting payments on your website.

turfsurfer
12-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Do any of you have interactive websites that let your customers login, view their bill and pay their bill online? How difficult is this to achieve, security obviously being the most important factor.

Woody82986
12-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Mine runs through Paypal. It's fairly easy to set up once you figure out the code you need to set up the buttons and stuff. I actually did a search and was able to find the code already written and I just plugged in my info into the lines I needed to and it worked. I'm fairly certain there is an easier way to do it though... And it would vary depending on how you are accepting the payments and where you are sending the payments through.

Team-Green L&L
12-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Paypal can freeze your assets at any given time and have done so many times in the past with accounts bearing high dollar figures. They say that they are required to do so by the IRS, but that's not true. I think they want the interest from the deposit and so they freeze it for 6 months.

Just do a Google search for "Merchant Services" and start looking into the providers out there. I use authorize.net myself.

Woody82986
12-09-2008, 12:00 PM
My paypal account very rarely has anything over $1000 in it at any given time. I tend to transfer money out as soon as it comes in. Right now, Paypal is simply the easiest set up for me. One of these days I'll switch... but it works great for me right now.

JDUtah
12-09-2008, 01:33 PM
I am no longer associated with this company but I set this up last year...

http://jdmowers.com/PayOnline.htm

Lawn-Scapes
12-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey I like that you can type in the invoice # and amount before you are directed to paypal. Mine is not set up this way.. Is it difficult to do?

turfsurfer
12-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, actually I dug a little bit more into the Quickbooks merchant services and found that they have an online site for making payments and it will also integrate with my quickbooks. that really is a pretty useful program. I've been using it for years and although I've used their merchant services for accepting cc's, I somehow hadn't noticed their online billing and payment plan. Not crazy about the fees but it's a small price to pay if it gets you paid sooner.

JDUtah
12-10-2008, 02:18 PM
Hey I like that you can type in the invoice # and amount before you are directed to paypal. Mine is not set up this way.. Is it difficult to do?

It took some figuring but it isn't too hard. You simply add a couple fields in the form on your site that paypal can recognize. Just look at the source code and you should be able to figure it out...