PDA

View Full Version : Experience With New Takeuchi TL250 Skid

Dirtman2007
12-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Tomorrow I hopefully will be looking at a new takeuchi TL250 skid steer. Just wanted to know if anyone has used or been in one, and their opinion of it? What's different about the machines other than the 250 having a kubota engine. What's up with the 50 less FT pounds of torque in the 250?

all ferris
12-09-2008, 06:56 PM
I know the new Gehl CTL's have a "pressurized" cab. Not sure if this applies to the TAK.

BIGBEN2004
12-09-2008, 07:13 PM
I have put about 100 Hrs. on a new TL250 and I love it but I have never compared it to a TL150 so I don't know if you will notice a power loss. Over all I love the Hyd. quick connect and the stock radio is cleaner than a after market but is kinda crappy for sound and looks like a cheap radio not sure how long it will hold up. The company also bought a TL140 and compared to it the TL250 is a beast. The new engine must need more cooling capacity since the rear door has larger opening slats in it and allows more dirt to fall in against the radiator. The exhaust is on the other side of the hood and makes the mirror in the back turn black but I never use that mirror anyways. The one at work when in high gear will stick in its path of motion and needs to go in to be checked out but they use it too much to have it gone for too long. They also have a foot throttle now but it is not needed since the controls are so precise. Other than all that you shouldn't notice too much different. I know it is very quit in the cab maybe because of the Kubota engine versus Yanmar and that is comparing to how loud my TL130 is with the Yanmar.

Dirtman2007
12-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the info BIGBEN
Hopefully I will be able to try it out if its not raining too bad tomorrow. I would really like to see how much power loss it has by comparing it to the 150.

SellingIron
12-09-2008, 09:30 PM
Tomorrow I hopefully will be looking at a new takeuchi TL250 skid steer. Just wanted to know if anyone has used or been in one, and their opinion of it? What's different about the machines other than the 250 having a kubota engine. What's up with the 50 less FT pounds of torque in the 250?

What's the asking price for that unit Dirtman????:usflag:

Dirtman2007
12-09-2008, 09:37 PM
What's the asking price for that unit Dirtman????:usflag:

Fully loaded with cab, heat, air, 2008 model with 5 hours. I was quoted a little under $60K with taxes. 0% for 4 years.

It worked out to be $50.00 more a month than the payment for our TL150 is now. I'm pretty sure when it's time to replace the tracks again, we'll just replace the machine with a new one.

AWJ Services
12-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Plus the the TL 250 is available with high flow.

P.Services
12-09-2008, 10:28 PM
60k wow thats not that bad. what would a cat 299 be 90-100k?!?!?!

Dirtman2007
12-09-2008, 10:58 PM

That's why I like takeuchi so much, good reliable machine for a good price.

My tak dealer at the begining of this year did an amazing job of selling 30 skid steers in 60 days! this is a small dealer too. Now they can't give equipment away, like everyone else.

It's the time to buy if your going to.

P.Services
12-09-2008, 11:00 PM
yeah now is the time to buy, i need to grab my cahonies and buy a darn excavator allready. just started looking at the taki 180fr.

ccstrebe
12-10-2008, 12:37 AM

If I remember right, the Cat 299 CTL was about the same price as the 297 MTL. I was quoted both before I went with the MTL.

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Well I went out and looked at one today. It's a nice machine, not really much different in apperance on this machine.

It's still loud in the cab, but it's got a radio now with speakers pointing at your ears do you should be able to hear something.

Kubota motor sounds the same as the yanmar.

It's got hydraulic quick coupler. Has anyone had any problems with these? I know the manual ones that are on my 150 now seem to get locked up and hard to release sometimes? how do the hydraulic ones do?

Few pictures

The new TL250 They put all these behind the building so they can sell all the remaining TL150's first:laugh:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/004-49.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/003-60.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/002-67.jpg

I wish they carried the takeuchi mini excavators when we bought our yanmar 55 from them. I much rather have a 145 than the yanmar.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/005-48.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/008-30.jpg

A little open cab TL120 just for ron to play in the yard with... of course I had to play with it, got the tracks muddy!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/009-28.jpg

Just a few more random pictures while I was there

Hitachi had a bad day...

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/001-62.jpg

It's a excavator of some sorts:laugh:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/007-35.jpg

need a linkbelt

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/006-44.jpg

Junior M
12-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I like the cab on the 250, how well does the air seat in the 250 work?

does the tak have a seat bar, or is there just a seat belt?

bobcat_ron
12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
See now, if Takeuchi had that little TL120 back in 2003, that's the size I would have bought, but it looks awfully heavy on the rear, there's too much air under the front idlers.
Notice the adjustable end stops on the quick attach on the new series? Nice, nice touch.

BIGBEN2004
12-10-2008, 01:21 PM
They had the adjustable stops for a long time now. The Hydraulic quick attach will get jammed up but all you do is bang the bucket in the dump position and the pins will release. All that power of the Takeuchi makes those things jam up.

I am sure Ron has no problem with his little kitty Cat releasing the pins since it doesn't have enough power to spill any dirt over the back of the bucket.:laugh:

Scag48
12-10-2008, 01:27 PM
I like the TB145. You disappointed with the Vio55?

That excavator of some sorts looks to be an older Sumitomo regardless of what the decal says. Decal could be a business name, I'd put money on that being a Sumitomo of early 90's.

Dirt Digger2
12-10-2008, 01:31 PM
looks the same...but then again why change a good thing, i noticed the joysticks look a little bigger

thats the only thing i wish our 130 had was a radio...then i wouldn't mind running it, but until then i will stick to the machines that have a radio

Dirt Digger2
12-10-2008, 01:33 PM
hey dirtman...while we talk about Takis....have you or anyone else on here with one had problems with the "proximetry switch" on your machines?....the switch that tells the computer that the lap bar is down

ours seems to need a lot of cleaning...in fact i only hand tighten the bolts holding the plate on there because it needs to be wiped off so much...maybe the magnet in there is going weak?

bobcat_ron
12-10-2008, 01:58 PM
They had the adjustable stops for a long time now. The Hydraulic quick attach will get jammed up but all you do is bang the bucket in the dump position and the pins will release. All that power of the Takeuchi makes those things jam up.

I am sure Ron has no problem with his little kitty Cat releasing the pins since it doesn't have enough power to spill any dirt over the back of the bucket.:laugh:

Honestly, they haven't jammed up for a year now, the rubber flaps do an awesome job of keeping them clean.

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 03:38 PM
hey dirtman...while we talk about Takis....have you or anyone else on here with one had problems with the "proximetry switch" on your machines?....the switch that tells the computer that the lap bar is down

ours seems to need a lot of cleaning...in fact i only hand tighten the bolts holding the plate on there because it needs to be wiped off so much...maybe the magnet in there is going weak?

Never had that problem with the machine, I just picked up our 150 from there because for some reason it would not go into high speed, the light would come on, but it would not go into high speed.

The new takkies have a place on the rear where you can bolt on an additional 400 lbs of counterweight. The machines already weighs over 11,000 lbs.

bobcat_ron
12-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Those cabs have a lot of bare exposed metal in them, I wonder why they don't put a padded insulation on it? Something like Bobcat offers for their so called "deluxe" cab options, but less Boobcrap like.

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 03:41 PM
I like the TB145. You disappointed with the Vio55?

That excavator of some sorts looks to be an older Sumitomo regardless of what the decal says. Decal could be a business name, I'd put money on that being a Sumitomo of early 90's.

Your right it was a old sumitomo linkbelt machine, just wanted to see if anyone could figure it out.

Not disappointed with the Vio55, just would take a takeuchi 145 over it. the yanmar is just a tippy little bastard, Some days it'll just get the best of you.

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Those cabs have a lot of bare exposed metal in them, I wonder why they don't put a padded insulation on it? Something like Bobcat offers for their so called "deluxe" cab options, but less Boobcrap like.

Why??
so they can charge you another $2000.00 for a nice cab, negative!

It'll probably just fall off anyways, like I said they spend money on what's important... but hey I've got a radio now!!!!

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 04:36 PM
Need some TL150's ???

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture169.jpg

140's

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture170.jpg

Dirt Digger2
12-10-2008, 04:45 PM

people that run Takis are real men

bobcat_ron
12-10-2008, 05:02 PM
The only one big issue I don't like is how low the loaders are to the ground, some of those pics the main tilt pins are like 3" off the ground.

Junior M
12-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Ah, what the hell give me 2 140's and six 150's!! :laugh:

The other guy that backfills pools, our competition, runs a 150..

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
The only one big issue I don't like is how low the loaders are to the ground, some of those pics the main tilt pins are like 3" off the ground.

they don't sit that low when there's a bucket on there.

P.Services
12-10-2008, 06:06 PM
the hydro coupler on my deere was great until i bent the cylinder today. any one want to guess hoe much $$$........... 400!!!! for a little 12'' long cylinder. f deere.

Scag48
12-10-2008, 06:16 PM
the hydro coupler on my deere was great until i bent the cylinder today. any one want to guess hoe much $$$........... 400!!!! for a little 12'' long cylinder. f deere.

Takes money to make money, hoss. :laugh: Hey, at least you have a job today. I'm sitting on my @$$ waiting for snow.

Construct'O
12-10-2008, 07:23 PM

How'd it happen????:usflag:

P.Services
12-10-2008, 07:26 PM
im not sure. its the rod that bent so im going to take it to the hydro shop and see if they can buy just a new rod and use my old barrle.

bobcat_ron
12-10-2008, 07:43 PM

There must be a story behind that, even that is a fable or a myth on Bobcats.

Not to rub it in, but Cat's still have the best system.

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 07:56 PM
There must be a story behind that, even that is a fable or a myth on Bobcats.

I'm going to over rule that and say that takeuchi are better. It will destroy the object before it destroyes itself.

Remember what Dirtdigger said:

"Real men drive takkies"

bobcat_ron
12-10-2008, 08:07 PM
I'm going to over rule that and say that takeuchi are better. It will destroy the object before it destroyes itself.

Remember what Dirtdigger said:

"Real men drive takkies"

True, true, but the Cat's hydraulic coupler set up is better in that you can't damage the cylinders, unlike Deere and Bobcat and Takeuchi with crap going over the bucket and directly hitting that system they use.

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 08:18 PM
True, true, but the Cat's hydraulic coupler set up is better in that you can't damage the cylinders, unlike Deere and Bobcat and Takeuchi with crap going over the bucket and directly hitting that system they use.

What the cat does not have enough power to roll dirt over the bucket?!:laugh:

Just messin with ya!

Actually I did not even pay close enough attention to the Q/C on the tak to notice, I was to busy playing with the damn thing!

kreft
12-10-2008, 08:56 PM
I like the new holland concept, it protects the cylinder's pretty well. But than again i always root for the home team.:)

Junior M
12-10-2008, 09:45 PM
If you dont like what your doing you could come help us wire some houses? Thats always fun!

SellingIron
12-10-2008, 09:58 PM
To have that much inventory in this economy is sad....Take's are to tall and weight to much. They will take down a wall on dirt...I will give them that...It's a good thing for Tak. that fuel is dropping in price, since they went with a kubota thats going to be turned up for HP....:cry:

Junior M
12-10-2008, 10:00 PM
To have that much inventory in this economy is sad....Take's are to tall and weight to much. They will take down a wall on dirt...I will give them that...It's a good thing for Tak. that fuel is dropping in price, since they went with a kubota thats going to be turned up for HP....:cry:
But for dirtman that doesnt really matter, he needs a machine able to push an a$$load of dirt and from the pics he posts the machine is out in the middle of a field most of the time so hieght or wieght wouldnt really matter for him, but for some people like me. We need a machine that puts as small of a foot print down and as little psi as possible with out going to a really small machine..

ccstrebe
12-10-2008, 10:02 PM

Actually, I perfer the set-up Case had on my old 450. The Cat's system has been a little disappointing for me. I have already had to un-jamb the pins a couple of times, very frustrating. I'm not impressed, way to complex compared to the Case and if the bucket isn't lined up just right the pins wont engage, sometimes it takes an extra stab or two with the Cat to get the pins to engage.

The Case system is so simple it is almost scary. The Case uses hooks on a pivot and the cylinders pivot the hooks down so if the bucket or attachment is a little out of line the hooks pull it into place, very simple and I never had a single problem in two years. Also, with the Cat you have to lift the bucket up to eye level eveytime to even see if the pins are engaged. It's not even close to being a deal breaker but it has been a little disappointing.

Digdeep
12-10-2008, 10:17 PM
But for dirtman that doesnt really matter, he needs a machine able to push an a$$load of dirt and from the pics he posts the machine is out in the middle of a field most of the time so hieght or wieght wouldnt really matter for him, but for some people like me. We need a machine that puts as small of a foot print down and as little psi as possible with out going to a really small machine..

Good points Junior. I think Takeuchi makes a good machine that is very tough, but I agree with you and SellingIron that they are way too heavy. The new TL250 is pushing 12,000lbs with a cab and I've seen first hand what they do to lawns and sidewalks, curbs and driveway slabs. They are absolutely brutal on sidewalks and driveway slabs in the winter and the ride is rough as guts on frozen ground and that's about half the year up here in Wisconsin.

stuvecorp
12-10-2008, 10:24 PM
Good points Junior. I think Takeuchi makes a good machine that is very tough, but I agree with you and SellingIron that they are way too heavy. The new TL250 is pushing 12,000lbs with a cab and I've seen first hand what they do to lawns and sidewalks, curbs and driveway slabs. They are absolutely brutal on sidewalks and driveway slabs in the winter and the ride is rough as guts on frozen ground and that's about half the year up here in Wisconsin.

The ride is so bad that I will put up with the cold on my no cab Case than ride in the Mustang with the cab.

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 10:28 PM
The ride is so bad that I will put up with the cold on my no cab Case than ride in the Mustang with the cab.

That's why I pay someone else to run it!

I still would not trade it for any other brand. Don't mess with me after I've ran it for 8 hours either lol

It works great for my use in dirt/ mud.

stuvecorp
12-10-2008, 10:39 PM
The part that makes it so bad is the frozen dirt, not as bad when it is workable. For me, the machine is more of a glorified forklift and usually wouldn't have to run it all day. I do agree they are bulletproof and no-frills. Some sound proofing would be fine by me thought.

Digdeep
12-10-2008, 10:44 PM
The part that makes it so bad is the frozen dirt, not as bad when it is workable. For me, the machine is more of a glorified forklift and usually wouldn't have to run it all day. I do agree they are bulletproof and no-frills. Some sound proofing would be fine by me thought.

That is another thing. They are loud on the inside. I don't think the extra big cab helps. It's almost like a constant resonant vibration in there.

AWJ Services
12-10-2008, 10:56 PM
I hear the noise thing all of the time but the facts are most all of this equipment you need hearing protection when operating it.
I could ask you this when your 60 but you probaly will not hear me.:)

The TL140 is all anyone needs except for extreme hardcore dirt moving.
I have never understood this problem with the height either.
I would rather have headroom and visibility then be able to pull in a garage?

On the weight there really is no CTL in the same class as the Tak 150/250.
Most everyones large machine are meant to match up with the 140/240.

Digdeep
12-10-2008, 11:04 PM
I hear the noise thing all of the time but the facts are most all of this equipment you need hearing protection when operating it.

What:headphones:I agree with you. My Mickey Mouse ears are on any time I'm in the machine. You only have your hearing once and you can't get it back.

I don't know if you guys have basements down there but I have done some basement digs under existing houses for guys and height was a big factor. In most cases it may not be a problem. 12,000lbs is heavy for a CTL no doubt about it. I think the next closest machine may be the Deere 332.

Dirtman2007
12-10-2008, 11:06 PM

Did you know that the tak 250 offers bolt plates on the rear where you can add an extra 400LBS counter weight! I guess they are trying to make a TL260!!

stuvecorp
12-10-2008, 11:20 PM

When they were designing the cab, was Shaq the operator? I would like to have a smaller cab and lower height for sure.

The big thing I think Tak(and cousin machines) has that is a problem in the CTL/MTL/VTS equipped skids is the Tak is narrow so can get in tight areas to get work done.

DUSTYCEDAR
12-10-2008, 11:36 PM
weight is heavy on those machines but i move my stuff with a geo.

BIGBEN2004
12-11-2008, 05:35 AM
I have crossed allot of side walks with the one at work and even weighing in at almost 12,000 pounds it still didn't break any concrete. I would see what kinda deals are on the left over TL150's and go with them before I would spend the extra money and get a new TL250.

Digdeep
12-11-2008, 07:48 AM
I have crossed allot of side walks with the one at work and even weighing in at almost 12,000 pounds it still didn't break any concrete. I would see what kinda deals are on the left over TL150's and go with them before I would spend the extra money and get a new TL250.

You've dodged some bullets then.

AWJ Services
12-11-2008, 08:33 AM
I don't know if you guys have basements down there but I have done some basement digs under existing houses for guys and height was a big factor. In most cases it may not be a problem. 12,000lbs is heavy for a CTL no doubt about it. I think the next closest machine may be the Deere 332.

The funny thing the difference in height is less than 8 inches for the 150/250.
For the TL 140/240 it is less than 6 inches.

JD 83
Cat 83.3
Case 83.5

Yet the Tak is a full 10+ inches narrower.

So if 6 to 8 inches of height will make a difference I do not want to work in that environment.One tilt of the bucket and oops.

The TL250 only weighs 1000 pounds more( or less) than the other brands big machine.
Not really enough to matter.

Junior M
12-11-2008, 08:40 AM
I really dont see how many people take height into account on a machine, I doubt very few. The only measurement we ever look at is the width, and dump hieght on skid...

AWJ Services
12-11-2008, 08:46 AM
I really dont see how many people take height into account on a machine, I doubt very few. The only measurement we ever look at is the width, and dump hieght on skid...

Most will use at least a 80+ inch bucket so machine width is not as critical.
everyones dump heights are within inches of each other as well.

Digdeep
12-11-2008, 09:06 AM
The funny thing the difference in height is less than 8 inches for the 150/250.
For the TL 140/240 it is less than 6 inches.

JD 83
Cat 83.3
Case 83.5

Yet the Tak is a full 10+ inches narrower.

So if 6 to 8 inches of height will make a difference I do not want to work in that environment.One tilt of the bucket and oops.

The TL250 only weighs 1000 pounds more( or less) than the other brands big machine.
Not really enough to matter.

My RC50 cab height is only around 77" so it is about 14" shorther than the bigger TAKs and only weighs around 5400lbs so grubbing dirt out from under a house and backing up the slope is pretty easy.

All of the rigid machines like the Bobcats that I used to sell are rough on sidewalks in the winter due to the brittleness of the concrete. It may get down to 6 degrees this weekend and below zero is common later in the winter. all of theat vibration and impact you feel on frozen ground is just transmitted down into the driveways and sidewalks when the machines run on them.

bobcatexc
12-11-2008, 06:45 PM
AWJ, don't you have a TL140, how do you like it, you said it's not much of a dirthog, I figured at 82hp and the tractive force it's got it do pretty well.

AWJ Services
12-11-2008, 06:51 PM
AWJ, don't you have a TL140, how do you like it, you said it's not much of a dirthog, I figured at 82hp and the tractive force it's got it do pretty well.

Not sure what you mean by dirt hog?

I use my machine 95% of the time for digging and grading.
If it is in reference to the Extreme hardcore Grading I mean applications like Dirtman uses it for.
The 140 I consider to be more of a dual purpose machine.

My RC50 cab height is only around 77" so it is about 14" shorther than the bigger TAKs and only weighs around 5400lbs so grubbing dirt out from under a house and backing up the slope is pretty easy.

Good thats exactly what a TL120 is.
Apples to Apples they are not any taller.

Dirtman2007
12-11-2008, 07:07 PM
That's why they make 4 sizes.

The little TL120, TL 130, TL140, and the dirt hog TL150.

One of those sizes will be comparable to any other brand.

bobcatexc
12-11-2008, 07:10 PM
Awj, I guess I mean as far as being productive as doing alot of digging, such as digging out crawlspaces and backfilling, movin alot of dirt! I've ran the tl130 and tl150 just wondering if there's much difference between 140&150 besides 10 or so hp.

Dirtman2007
12-11-2008, 07:17 PM
Before we bought our 150 I used a 140. The 150 will out work a 140 hands down. I think theres a big jump in torque from the 140 to 150.

KRtraxx
12-11-2008, 08:44 PM
Before we bought our 150 I used a 140. The 150 will out work a 140 hands down. I think theres a big jump in torque from the 140 to 150.

Some figures to compare them..The MTLs are Mustang(same machine as Tak,different cab) Sorry the colums didnt print straight..If I remember properly the bigger Yanmar in the older model used to have around 290# of torque.

Model TL240 TL250 MTL320 MTL325
Rated Operating Load 2,701 to <3,001 lbs operating load @ 50% of tipping load 3,001 lbs and over operating load @ 50% of tipping load 2,701 to <3,001 lbs operating load @ 50% of tipping load 3,001 lbs and over operating load @ 50% of tipping load
PERFORMANCE
Arm lifting force 7,425 (lbf) 8,549 (lbf) 7,425 (lbf) 8,547 (lbf)
Bucket breakout force 7,403 (lbf) 8,692 (lbf) 7,401 (lbf) 8,669 (lbf)
Bucket rollback at ground level 31 (deg) 31 (deg) 31 (deg) 30 (deg)
Dump height @ bucket discharge 94.8'' (in) 95.7'' (in) 94.8'' (in) 95.7'' (in)
Dump reach @ max. height 34.4'' (in) 39.8'' (in) 34.4'' (in) 38.8'' (in)
Height to bucket pin 122.9'' (in) 126.1'' (in) 122.9'' (in) 126.1'' (in)
Max. dump angle @ full height 40 (deg) 40 (deg) 38.5 (deg) 37 (deg)
Rated operating load @ 35% of tipping capacity 2,083 (lbs) 2,470 (lbs) 2,083 (lbs) 2,470 (lbs)
Rated operating load @ 50% of tipping capacity 2,976 (lbs) 3,528 (lbs) 2,976 (lbs) 3,528 (lbs)
Tipping load- standard 5,952 (lbs) 7,056 (lbs) 5,952 (lbs) 7,056 (lbs)
ENGINE
Engine make Yanmar Kubota Yanmar Kubota
Engine model 4TNV98T V3800-DI-T 4TNV98T V3800-DI-T
Gross power 86 (hp) 98 (hp) 86 (hp) 98 (hp)
Maximum gross torque 219 (ft-lb) 240 (ft-lb) 219 (ft-lb) 240 (ft-lb)
No. of cylinders / displacement 4 / 202.5 4 / 230 4 / 202.5 4 / 230
Rated speed 2500 (rpm) 2600 (rpm) 2500 (rpm) 2200 (rpm)
DRIVE TRAIN
Max. travel speed 7.2 (mph) 7.5 (mph) 7.2 (mph) 7.5 (mph)
Track width 17.7'' (in) 17.7'' (in) 18'' (in) 18'' (in)
HYDRAULICS
Hydraulic pressure 3000 (psi) 3000 (psi) 2988 (psi) 2988 (psi)
Optional pump flow INA (gpm) INA (gpm) 36.3 (gpm) 40.1 (gpm)
Self-leveling Std (yes / no) Std (yes / no) Std (yes / no) Std (yes / no)
Standard pump flow 20 (gpm) 23.4 (gpm) 19.8 (gpm) 23.4 (gpm)
DIMENSIONS
Bucket capacity 20.3 (cu ft) 24.0 (cu ft) 17.0 (cu ft) 20.0 (cu ft)
Fuel tank 24 (gal) 29 (gal) 24 (gal) 29 (gal)
Ground clearance 12.8'' (in) 13.5'' (in) 12.8'' (in) 13.5'' (in)
Height to top of ROPS 89.4'' (in) 91.3'' (in) 85'' (in) 91.3'' (in)
Hydraulic tank/system 12.9/20 (gal) 15.9/25 (gal) 12.8/INA (gal) 15.9/INA (gal)
Operating weight 10,115 (lbs) 11,630 (lbs) 9,700 (lbs) 11,244 (lbs)
Overall length w/bucket 150'' (in) 159'' (in) 147.2'' (in) 156.9'' (in)
Rear angle of departure 30 (degrees) 30 (degrees) 30 (degrees) 30 (degrees)
Reference bucket width 76'' (in) 80'' (in) 74'' (in) 86'' (in)
Width over tracks 69.7'' (in) 73.2'' (in) 70'' (in) 73.2'' (in)

AWJ Services
12-11-2008, 10:35 PM
Lets just put it this way.
A Tl140 will out work a Case, Bobcat, JD or Cat when it comes to digging or grading in Ga(any size machine).
If a 150 will whoop up on the 140 like that what does it say about the competition.:)

AWJ Services
12-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Awj, I guess I mean as far as being productive as doing alot of digging, such as digging out crawlspaces and backfilling, movin alot of dirt! I've ran the tl130 and tl150 just wondering if there's much difference between 140&150 besides 10 or so hp.

I have moved a bunch of dirt with my 140.
It will get the job done.It is a great machine.The 150 will out work it but I feel the 140 has the perfect balance for someone who landscapes/hrdsacpes/grades.
Strictly a landscaper the 130 is fine.
Strictly grading a 150 is fine.
140 is the perfect multipurpose machine.

I love my 140 and it will flat out move some dirt.

SellingIron
12-11-2008, 11:07 PM

Bobcat's bobtach has no major issue's..(minor) I Know!!!!!:usflag:

SellingIron
12-11-2008, 11:36 PM
A Tl140 will out work a Case, Bobcat, JD or Cat when it comes to digging or grading in Ga(any size machine).
If a 150 will whoop up on the 140 like that what does it say about the competition.:)

AWj..Here are the spec's for all of them...The TL140 is out speced for a reason.... (It's Junk) Hands down it will lose......(why)... For one the dealer will be gone in 2-3 years....We need to buy American made products...

P.Services
12-11-2008, 11:41 PM

i will have $1000 cash in my hand for the guy that wants to run a 140 against my deere ct332. i will move more dirt and lift more hands down. i have run a 140 and its not the same. thats a pile of bull shat!!

ksss
12-12-2008, 12:09 AM

Actually the 140 will not out dig a CASE 440 in tough digging conditions (Caliche). Actually it wasn't even close. That was the 440 to say nothing of the 450.

AWJ Services
12-12-2008, 12:17 AM
will have $1000 cash in my hand for the guy that wants to run a 140 against my deere ct332. i will move more dirt and lift more hands down. i have run a 140 and its not the same. thats a pile of bull shat!!

Even if you tied me it cost 10k more to get the same performance in a JD that I got in a Tak.

Actually the 140 will not out dig a CASE 440 in tough digging conditions (Caliche). Actually it wasn't even close. That was the 440 to say nothing of the 450.

I am your huckleberry.

My playground though.

AWj..Here are the spec's for all of them...The TL140 is out speced for a reason.... (It's Junk) Hands down it will lose......(why)... For one the dealer will be gone in 2-3 years....We need to buy American made products...

What buy Bobcat?Or is that Doosan?That an American company?

I have pics of my 140 with 7k pounds of the ground with a 2000 pound roc.
Take any brand and ratio there roc accordingly and lift the equivalent amount.

Do not hate the player ,Hate the game.:)

P.Services
12-12-2008, 12:22 AM
you may be right but it wouldnt be a tie. that deere can lift waaaaaaaaay more then any other machine. next time around im going to look at a taki and a cat 299

AWJ Services
12-12-2008, 12:47 AM
A 332 has a 3200 roc.

A 140 has a 2000 roc .

I lifted 7000 pounds.Thats 3.5 times my roc.
That would mean your JD would have to lift over 11K pounds.
Let me know how that works out for you.:weightlifter:

crab
12-12-2008, 02:19 AM
awj you are silly ,go run some iron

coopers
12-12-2008, 05:35 AM
haha, this is very interesting! Keep it up guys. I like it. :)

Dirtman2007
12-12-2008, 07:50 AM
ahh some people are just mad cause they can't say the name.

3500LBS concrete box, a peice of cake for the takkie

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/003-31.jpg

I'm really going to have to do some takeuchi power tests the next time I'm around it.

BIGBEN2004
12-12-2008, 08:20 AM
As far as lifting that is the Takeuchi's weak point. They have the hyd. strength but lack the boom design. Their loader arms are built for grading and digging not so much for heavy lifting. Have you also ever noticed when in the seat the bucket seams very far from the cab compared to others where you have to lean over the seat bar to see the bucket since they are so close to the cab, this allows for great visibility but when lifting it puts the weight far from the machine and allows it to tip.

AWJ Services
12-12-2008, 08:41 AM
awj you are silly ,go run some iron

Just trying to have some fun.LOL
Been raining for 2 straight days nothing else to do.:drinkup:

Junior M
12-12-2008, 09:28 AM
Just trying to have some fun.LOL
Been raining for 2 straight days nothing else to do.:drinkup:
I havent been on a piece of equipment other than the lawn mower in like 3 months, oh well got a job running a backhoe and exercising horses sunday!!

I always thought that tak was the brand that would lift a whole lot more than spec'd out..

AWJ Services
12-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Some of these guys on here sleep once a week in there equipment because they are so devoted to there brand.:dancing:

P.Services
12-12-2008, 12:07 PM
A 332 has a 3200 roc.

A 140 has a 2000 roc .

I lifted 7000 pounds.Thats 3.5 times my roc.
That would mean your JD would have to lift over 11K pounds.
Let me know how that works out for you.:weightlifter:

a deere will lift around 11k. it has a bucket curl that is UNREAL the boom wont lift it so you lift the boom to where you want it and then you actualy lift the load with the bucket curl.

a 3500lb block please thats nothing a 150 should be able to lift two of those easy!!!!

AWJ Services
12-12-2008, 12:28 PM
a deere will lift around 11k. it has a bucket curl that is UNREAL the boom wont lift it so you lift the boom to where you want it and then you actualy lift the load with the bucket curl.

Prove it with pictures.:)

P.Services
12-12-2008, 12:41 PM
how much do the 2'x2'x6' concrete mofia blocks weigh? it can lift three of them.

Junior M
12-12-2008, 01:02 PM
Some of these guys on here sleep once a week in there equipment because they are so devoted to there brand.:dancing:
*cough* Ron *cough*

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dirtman2007
12-12-2008, 05:31 PM

a 3500lb block please thats nothing a 150 should be able to lift two of those easy!!!!

Did you notice I said it was a piece of cake. I've moved stumps with it that my 210 size excavator had a hard time picking up. It would not pick them up but it would push the hell out of it!

Dirtman2007
12-12-2008, 08:41 PM
Even the takeuchi with a 84" flat bucket and dig a hole in rock hard clay!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/006-21.jpg

bobcat_ron
12-12-2008, 10:04 PM
Your clay is more sand based, our clay here comes up in layers, it's like scooping up thick sheets of plywood, it takes some effort to get it fold over in the bucket.

iron peddler
12-12-2008, 10:47 PM
states that have more average rainfall then 4 states combined do not qualify for "rock hard clay"

P.Services
12-12-2008, 10:51 PM
if that was rock hard clay you wouldnt even see track marks in it. you would just pop big chunks. im not saying that taki isnt working hard though. every one talks so highly of them im going to check a new one out for sure. thinking about trading the deere in for the security of a new machine. only if i could get 20-23k for it though.

Dirtman2007
12-12-2008, 10:58 PM
How many hours are on your deere?

Dealer was going to give me atleast 25K for my 150 with 1300 hrs on it if traded in for a new 250

Dirtman2007
12-12-2008, 11:02 PM
states that have more average rainfall then 4 states combined do not qualify for "rock hard clay"

Even if our clay is used for brick making? Which we make a lot of bricks in NC.

In Some areas the 210 size excavators can't even dig it, you'd be lucky to scrape an 1" off with every pass.
Given the tak isn't in those conditions, it's still pretty solid ground,

P.Services
12-12-2008, 11:03 PM
it has 1977hrs. and it has new tracks. i may want a little more with the new tracks now. dont get me wrong it has been a powerfull and worthy machine but it has been run hard by the previous owner, the engine head has been takin off right before i got it and it has been apart many times. im just always worried something big will break (engine problems,drives). i figure if i got 25k for it that would be a good down payment for a new taki or cat 299.

how much did you say the taki's run 60k wasnt it? is that with a cab and air?

Dirtman2007
12-12-2008, 11:07 PM
it has 1977hrs. and it has new tracks. i may want a little more with the new tracks now. dont get me wrong it has been a powerfull and worthy machine but it has been run hard by the previous owner, the engine head has been takin off right before i got it and it has been apart many times. im just always worried something big will break (engine problems,drives). i figure if i got 25k for it that would be a good down payment for a new taki or cat 299.

how much did you say the taki's run 60k wasnt it? is that with a cab and air?

I'm pretty sure taxes were included, it was slightly under 60K. That was fully loaded with no bucket. You need to have a takeuchi bucket on the machine or it will destroy it... from experience.

P.Services
12-12-2008, 11:16 PM
oh man i know all to well about the bucket thing, i had gussets welded on mine for extra beef and it still bent it, when i slow down im going to really have them beef it up.

under 60 with taxes...... hmmmm thats something to think about.

iron peddler
12-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Even if our clay is used for brick making? Which we make a lot of bricks in NC.

In Some areas the 210 size excavators can't even dig it, you'd be lucky to scrape an 1" off with every pass.
Given the tak isn't in those conditions, it's still pretty solid ground,

i have been to your land many times for my brand....it is different soil for sure and the tak is a solid machine.....but there is alot of sand in the soil there...you are close to an ocean and mountains...alot of extreme weather conditions for millions of years that pulverize alot of rock and soil...but i am not doubting your success with the tak...that is a solid ctl...i sell for the evil empire in the dreaded midwest that has all of the weather extremes...black soil on one side of the road...sugar clay under the road....and rocks on the other side...gotta love them glaciers:drinkup:

stuvecorp
12-13-2008, 12:17 AM
As far as lifting that is the Takeuchi's weak point. They have the hyd. strength but lack the boom design. Their loader arms are built for grading and digging not so much for heavy lifting. Have you also ever noticed when in the seat the bucket seams very far from the cab compared to others where you have to lean over the seat bar to see the bucket since they are so close to the cab, this allows for great visibility but when lifting it puts the weight far from the machine and allows it to tip.

Our Mustang 16(Takkie 130) lifts my hydroseeder that the Case works at, and will lift the two block pallets yet only weights 7,500ish compared to the just over 10,000 pound 70XT w/VTS. We were very impressed with the lifting ability.

AWJ, I would still go power tan if I was betting the farm, though.:)

stuvecorp
12-13-2008, 12:18 AM
oh man i know all to well about the bucket thing, i had gussets welded on mine for extra beef and it still bent it, when i slow down im going to really have them beef it up.

under 60 with taxes...... hmmmm thats something to think about.

Picasso, forget the Cat and Deere and get yourself a Takkie.

AWJ Services
12-13-2008, 09:59 AM
AWJ, I would still go power tan if I was betting the farm, though

Yeah but my way leads to more interesting comments.:laugh:

ksss
12-13-2008, 10:33 AM
Yeah but my way leads to more interesting comments.:laugh:

Yea originals like "I am your Huckleberry"? I just cant place where I have heard that before. Was it from BCron's new girlfriend? maybe. Perhaps it was a movie. How about this one reference our little dig contest AWJ "You have to ask yourself, are you feeling lucky? Well do ya, Punk?". Perhaps my personal favorite, "but Shane are we not going to bury that Takeuchi after you flat, out dug it and embarrassed it? Why no AWJ, scrape iron thieves have to eat same as used equipment dealers.

Forgive me its early.

AWJ Services
12-13-2008, 10:46 AM
:)

It came from Tombstones.
Johhny Ringo and Doc holiday.

"It means I am just the man you are looking for" and others say it means "I am just a little bit better than you today".

The latter in reference to a huckleberry pie being just a little bit better than a persimmon pie.

crab
12-14-2008, 12:10 AM
now boys i like peach pie ,but thats just my own stupid opinion ,look what those 2 days of rain has done to us

Canon Landscaping
12-14-2008, 12:25 AM
Even the takeuchi with a 84" flat bucket and dig a hole in rock hard clay!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/006-21.jpg

Deere 322 digging just imagine what you can do with the 332

stuvecorp
12-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Canon, show us more of that dump truck in the picture.

Dirt Digger2
12-14-2008, 12:59 AM
i could dig those holes with a shovel both of you...enough with this pissing wars haha:dizzy:

heres some real diggin'

Dirtman2007
12-14-2008, 09:41 AM
i could dig those holes with a shovel both of you...enough with this pissing wars haha:dizzy:

heres some real diggin'

pissing wars huh:laugh:

Hey when you gonna start that new job and drive some real equipment? Then you can dig a hole!

notice my supervisors:waving:

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture193.jpg

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture196.jpg

And to stay on topic, the takkie moved all this dirt in a day.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/Picture489.jpg

bobcat_ron
12-14-2008, 10:53 AM
Deere 322 digging just imagine what you can do with the 332

You have teeth on that bucket, Dirtman has just a smooth edge, there's no comparision, even the Deere's bucket is tiny compared to the Takeuchi, hell, even Cat's buckets have more capacity than that low, low profile shovel scoop Deere calls a skid steer bucket. :laugh:

BrandonV
12-14-2008, 11:04 AM
i can dig holes too
http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=121794&stc=1&d=1223335283

bobcat_ron
12-14-2008, 11:12 AM
How's this for a hole:
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa284/philly_hill_billy/catass.jpg

Dirtman2007
12-14-2008, 11:22 AM
I did not know they made a excavator attachment for a toro. That beats the hell out of a shovel!

Ron what's the deal with you and cats.... maybe I don't want to know:laugh:

BrandonV
12-14-2008, 11:26 AM
its a ditch witch, don't call her that (her name is rachel) ron that is a disturbing tat.

kreft
12-14-2008, 01:36 PM
Chris, Whats with you operating in sandels? lol

Junior M
12-14-2008, 02:28 PM
Well, dam yall are just goin to make me throw in a dug pool arent ya? Jeez here ya go, this takes real skill, not just a hole ya dig like hell on!Sorry I dont have a direct pic of one. And Ronnie that is really really disturbing..

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/JLM88_bucket/Work012.jpg

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr164/JLM88_bucket/Work006.jpg

Dirtman2007
12-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Chris, Whats with you operating in sandels? lol

What's wrong with sandels? It gets hot down here in the summer, plus my girlsfriends made fun of me when I went to the beach the year before and had a very bad work boot tan line. Now I have a flip flop tan:weightlifter:

When I'm wearing flip flops, the hardest thing I'm going to do that day is walk to the truck for lunch!

Life is rough

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee145/Letsdig18/003-39.jpg

Dirt Digger2
12-14-2008, 03:10 PM
until something gets broke

Junior M
12-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Or you about chop a toe off unhooking an attachment on your skid.. You would know all about that wouldnt ya dirtman? I cant work in anything but boots I dont know why I guess its cause I dont like dirt in my toes.

Dirtman2007
12-14-2008, 05:02 PM
Or you about chop a toe off unhooking an attachment on your skid.. You would know all about that wouldnt ya dirtman? I cant work in anything but boots I dont know why I guess its cause I dont like dirt in my toes.

I was in boots that day. The skid steers work, in the big excavators I wear my operators shoes lol

I've always got the boots in the truck, just in case I need them.

Junior M
12-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I was in boots that day. The skid steers work, in the big excavators I wear my operators shoes lol

I've always got the boots in the truck, just in case I need them.
:laugh: Shorts and boots, classic.. :laugh:

Dirtman2007
12-14-2008, 05:09 PM
:laugh: Shorts and boots, classic.. :laugh:

Over the summer I went 2 solid months and never wore long pants to work. Shorts everyday with workboots and or flip flops. That's how I roll :laugh:

Junior M
12-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Over the summer I went 2 solid months and never wore long pants to work. Shorts everyday with workboots and or flip flops. That's how I roll :laugh:
I was the only guy out of 8 that wore boots and pants all summer long. My boss and the other guy that helped us wore shorts and tennis shoes all summer, screw that, I hate jumping in and out of the ditch and dirt pouring into my shoes..

Dirtman2007
12-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I was the only guy out of 8 that wore boots and pants all summer long. My boss and the other guy that helped us wore shorts and tennis shoes all summer, screw that, I hate jumping in and out of the ditch and dirt pouring into my shoes..

I don't have to do that:laugh:

Junior M
12-14-2008, 05:24 PM
I don't have to do that:laugh:
I hate being the ditch bitc#! Oh, well I'll be taking care of horses this summer and bush hogging and running a backhoe for a lady! :cool2:

AWJ Services
12-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Shorts here from about April till about end of October.
I do not own work boots.
They slow me down.:drinkup:

Dirtman2007
12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
I hate being the ditch bitc#! Oh, well I'll be taking care of horses this summer and bush hogging and running a backhoe for a lady! :cool2:

If your taking care of horses you will not have time to run a backhoe!

Junior M
12-14-2008, 05:39 PM
She'll be there some of the time so I'll have time! When she's off scuba diving or whatever I'll be exercising 6 barrel racing horses at the least! :cool2: But I'll atleast get some tractor time when I am not on the backhoe bush hogging!

stuvecorp
12-14-2008, 06:43 PM

I'm with ya on that, I don't wear flip flops but my Nike moccasins and shorts till I shiver all day. Don't like the farmer tan thing.:laugh:

I do have my boots in the truck, just in case type deal.