PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat Issue

daveyo
12-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Hello would like to say I like the product but have a pretty serious issue at hand. I have the 13hp Honda on my unit, I purchased this unit about a week ago. Well the first day I used it no problem, the second day the two welds came completely off the front of the frame, so now the front of the engine is free. It doesn't take much to realize most of the torque is being applied here. However I was very surprised this happened. My issue is now the paint has to be completely removed before it is welded back. That would mean the dealer would have to remove the engine, take off the paint and weld and re paint or it'll rust. I will speak with my dealer tomorrow about it, but now I'm down a machine and wondering now if It should just be replaced. Please let me know as I really like the work it produces but am now a bit concerned.

Thank you,
David

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
12-10-2008, 10:46 AM
David,

I am sorry for the difficulties you are experiencing. By all means take it back to the dealer you bought it from. If the unit you are talking about is a Force the engine base is computer welded. If there is a shift on the fixture the robotic welder doesn't hit the seam correctlly causing what you are describing. This not a problem we have experienced but at quick glance, that may have been what happened. Nonetheless the unit is completely under warranty and we firmly stand behind it. You can request a completely new engine base or have the dealer reweld the current engine base. That is up to you. Either way the unit will have to be taken apart, repaired, and reassembled. Again I am sorry for the troubles you are experiencing.

Could you please give me the serial number of the unit so I know when it was manufactured? Please let me know if you have any additional questions or problems.

Sincerely,

Drew Coates

daveyo
12-10-2008, 05:32 PM
Drew, thank you so much for your quick response, I can't tell you how much that means to us that you monitor this site frequently. Anyway, I took it to the dealer today they are Country rental in Egg harbor township New Jersey 08234, managers name is Jeff and the assistant is Joe. They described exactly what you said. My main concern is that it doesn't happen again, so what ever fix is best for my business. They do have the machine now so I don't have the serial number on hand but can get it first thing tomorrow.