PDA

View Full Version : Wireless...Is this a possibility?

GreenLight
12-11-2008, 11:54 AM
Im familiar with the solar lights and that isn't what im referring to. As I stated earlier im just one year into the industry and have lots of random questions. This one is about the possibility of LOW VOLTAGE lighting going wireless at some point and my thoughts are that this would not be a good thing for the industry and for folks trying to make a living doing installs. I have started to see wireless technology sneak into the irrigation industry and it's certainly not the standard, but it opens up a can of worms for the future. Fortunately irrigation is still so labor intensive I don't see the wireless aspect affecting it even if they somehow perfect it into being a logical solution even in places of adequate power supply. My curiosities were for the lighting pros whom may have heard anything about this possibility in the future when they are at conferences and other workshops and trade shows. Anyone have thoughts on this topic?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Unless you have Tesla's lost notebooks on the transference of electricity through the ether, ( http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/1904-03-05.htm ) I don't see how LV Outdoor Lighting Systems are going to go wireless any time soon.

Perhaps the control systems will become wireless, but that is not a big deal and for the most part the technology already exists. I think most of us would welcome some really strong, stable and rugged wireless control options rated for outdoor use.

Regards.