PDA

View Full Version : Flyer - Advice Needed

heygrassman
02-20-2002, 10:23 PM
I could really use some advice on this flyer. I am leaning towards it being too wordy, any thoughts or suggestions on ones that have worked in the past. The web version is blowing the bullets out of whack and separating fertilization. Printed they look fine.

http://www.ascapes.net/Flyer.pdf

It is small in size and should load quick.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

mowerman90
02-20-2002, 10:36 PM
Looks pretty good to me. However, I'd mix in some different fonts and font sizes. Reducing the font size of certain paragraphs will reduce the impression that it's too wordy.

JSMLAWNCARE
02-20-2002, 10:39 PM
It looks good. It might need some color. I really like the idea of give $10. It shows Dependability like the flyer states.

Good Luck

Jim m

Southern Lawns
02-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Looks good............. The "Hurry" statement kinda gives me an infomercial type feeling (kinda hokey IMHO). The fact that you will back up what you say is important to customers. Good luck.
Raymond

kutnkru
02-21-2002, 08:52 AM
GET RID OF YOUR GIVING THEM $10 FOR BEING LATE!!!!!
You are giving them a free estimate already - How much is your time truely worth???
This is the "real value" they're getting whether your late or not. You cannot control traffic and when soliciting business you cannot guarantee what tarffic patterns will be like, especially if your town is like ours and every state hy-way, overpass, main drag, and secondary road are under construction LOL!!!

My suggestion would be to change your Landscaping Services to another phrase. Possibly Landscape Maintenance or Management which would entail such services as mowing, pruning/shearing, mulching, seasonal clean-ups, etc.

You have only listed "installs" for the Landscaping aspect of your business. Yet there is no mention of services pertaining to:
Design - Enhancement
Retaining Walls - Walkways - Patios
Irrigation - Drainage Systems
Aquatic Gardens - Pond Installations
Lawn Installations (Seed or Sod)

When issuing basically Green Bucks you should pick a number: $10 $20 $50 etc. People look at that and see $50, contemplate the bite, and then you extinguish the fire with "Good for up to".

Pick a minimum amount, and then if your willing to give a $50 discount you can mention this when they call and say something to the effect of "Yes we're offering $20 off our Putters Green Plan and $50 off our Emerald Green Plan".

I would also compare your coupon with the dollar signs and without. I'm thinking it would look less congested without them.

If you look at many of the bigger companies when they issue these coupons they will put "Valid thru March 31, 2002". I think this still sets the presidence for a qucik response yet it keeps the infomercial wording out.

Hope this helps.

David Haggerty
02-21-2002, 09:36 AM
The flier screams "Professionalism" ect, yet seems to target the price shopper with the dollar giveaways.

I think you should turn advertising back over to whoever designed your website. That is one stunning website! I'm absolutely envious!

If you could get that impression of your business into your flier, you'd appeal to some quality clientel. Not just a bunch of penny pinchers trying to rip you off for $50.

It's just my opinion, but I guess that's why you posted the flier.

Dave

heygrassman
02-26-2002, 06:13 PM
Thanks for all the thoughts all!!

Still struggling with gaining the first set customer base while instilling professionalism.

Thanks again..

Jeff

gslam88
02-26-2002, 06:36 PM
I would first like to say very good and thoughtfull post KutnKru.

The flyer seems to busy, IMHO (in my humble opinion) maybe you could make some of the fonts smaller to fit a few more services in and consolidate some wording.

I would suggest that you some how reword or alter the Proffesionalism and dependabilty, I stumble on it for some reason... not sure why.

Depending on you budget if color is out of the price, what about colored paper. Use something that does not hurt the eyes but will stand out a little.

Pete
:cool:

beck
02-26-2002, 06:38 PM
I agree with kutnkru about taking the $ signs out of the coupon.

Also why is it "good for up to $50 off", but you list no limitations.

and i would consider omiting "in landscaping" from

. . .Professionalism and Dependability are not just words on paper.

AGG Lawn Maintenance
02-26-2002, 06:39 PM
White paper black ink always the cheapest way to go. The flyer is too busy!!! I love the word you use. If you want I'll design one for you. A friend of mine screen prints shirts. I can do your company logo on a shirt, jacket etc. Just let me know
Travis

MATTHEW
02-26-2002, 08:57 PM
I think the name/logo should be larger.
Other sections should have differing fonts & sizes.
White paper-black ink is "cheap" looking. For the next best thing, get green paper-black ink. I like white paper-green ink.
Good luck.