PDA

View Full Version : Poor Kitty Cat

ccstrebe
12-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Took her first mud bath. I feel like she has been violated. Took 3 hr to clean her and I didn't even have time to clean the inside or check under the cab. I'll do that next week and give her a wax job too.

Dirtman2007
12-12-2008, 09:43 PM
You don't know what muddy is!!! :laugh:

My machines don't know what wax is.

I give you credit for taking good care of it!

Junior M
12-13-2008, 12:12 AM
I've had a powercrap 420ct series 2 muddier than that, dont know how I did it, darn thing couldnt get out of its own way but it happened!

Wax? Really? Wow, I dont think I could like my equipment that much, I can understand a bath but not a wax job..

So, what were you doing to get it muddy?

I like how you didnt show the whole truck and trailer, you took the pic so there was no piece of that F150 in there! :laugh:

Construct'O
12-13-2008, 12:37 AM
I can't believe Junior didn't use the holycrap words about getting your machine so dirty,so i'll use it holycrap has it been raining down there or did you water the track down before you fixed the speed bumps???? or did you take it to a mudrun?

While your giving things a bath.You need to get a dust cover for your trailer axile hub:confused:Your getting dirt in there, then the bearing will be going out and your have more troubles.

Back tire looks like it could use a few lbs of Ron's air in it also:):usflag:

stuvecorp
12-13-2008, 01:11 AM
That's not so bad, when you have a hard time figuring out the color then it's bath time.

I waxed my first 621 to shine it up, it took forever and I will not likely ever attempt that.

BIGBEN2004
12-13-2008, 05:59 AM
I noticed you took the side window guards off. I bet that is allot nicer to see out of with them screens gone.

BrandonV
12-13-2008, 09:19 AM
a grading contractor I know waxes all his equipment, he says it really helps in way of when you clean it the grease and mud come off easier.

Junior M
12-13-2008, 09:28 AM
We do the same thing with the fourwheelers and a couple of my buddies old beater mud trucks, cover them in wd40 and mud washes right off..

ccstrebe
12-13-2008, 09:50 AM
I like how you didnt show the whole truck and trailer, you took the pic so there was no piece of that F150 in there! :laugh:

Your funny. Actually, the truck isn't even hooked up to the trailer, that's one of the things I like so much about that trailer, you can load and unload it without having to be hooked up to the truck. It's been sitting on the trailer all week waiting for me to get time to clean it. I think that's why it took so long to clean beacause that caliche mud was hard as a rock and it sticks like glue.

ccstrebe
12-13-2008, 09:51 AM
While your giving things a bath.You need to get a dust cover for your trailer axile hub:confused:Your getting dirt in there, then the bearing will be going out and your have more troubles.

Back tire looks like it could use a few lbs of Ron's air in it also:):usflag:

Good eyes, you guys don't miss a thing.

ccstrebe
12-13-2008, 09:53 AM
That's not so bad, when you have a hard time figuring out the color then it's bath time.

I waxed my first 621 to shine it up, it took forever and I will not likely ever attempt that.

Actually I have one of my laborers wax it.

Junior M
12-13-2008, 09:56 AM
You have laborers? From your cabinet business? or are you starting to sneak the occasional excavation job in?

:laugh:

bobcat_ron
12-13-2008, 10:35 AM
Well it's about damn time you got it dirty.

ksss
12-13-2008, 10:36 AM
You have laborers? From your cabinet business? or are you starting to sneak the occasional excavation job in?

I am guessing JR. that is utilizing a little excess brown power from the cabinet shop.

Junior M
12-13-2008, 10:38 AM
I am guessing JR. that is utilizing a little excess brown power from the cabinet shop.
Ok, KSSS I am not goin to BS you, you lost me on that one.. There seems to be way to many big words..

ccstrebe
12-13-2008, 10:48 AM

:laugh::laugh:

ccstrebe
12-13-2008, 10:52 AM
I noticed you took the side window guards off. I bet that is allot nicer to see out of with them screens gone.

Much nicer, I got busted pretty good on the forum here for doing it though.

ccstrebe
12-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Well it's about damn time you got it dirty.

Yeah, and I also got my first chunk of rubber out of one of the boggies. I had to spread and laser a 200 ton of abc rock and I guess that's when it happened.

Junior M
12-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Nevermind, you answered it, shoulda refreshed before I posted.. sorry..

ksss
12-13-2008, 11:16 AM
:laugh::laugh:

I guess it is a western thing, ccstrebe got it.:weightlifter:

Junior M
12-13-2008, 11:20 AM
It must be, cause I still dont get.. Man, I am still confused!

ccstrebe
12-13-2008, 11:37 AM

What made it even funnier is that you hit the nail on the head. We''ll have to keep Jr. in the dark and let him figure it out.

Junior M
12-13-2008, 11:52 AM
What made it even funnier is that you hit the nail on the head. We''ll have to keep Jr. in the dark and let him figure it out.
:wall :wall :wall

Ah, come on! thats not cool, atleast kinda clarify it for me!

Does anyone else get it?

stuvecorp
12-13-2008, 12:54 PM
:wall :wall :wall

Ah, come on! thats not cool, atleast kinda clarify it for me!

Does anyone else get it?

Ooh, yeah this is funny.:laugh:

stuvecorp
12-13-2008, 12:57 PM

That's just mean, poor minion.:laugh:

Junior M
12-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Ooh, yeah this is funny.:laugh:
You get it to?

FREAKN A!!!

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/finger-020.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/cool-unhappy-071.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/censored-015.gif

stuvecorp
12-13-2008, 12:59 PM
I would tell you to think about it some but being a Saturday, I don't want you to hurt yourself.:clapping:

Junior M
12-13-2008, 01:03 PM
I would tell you to think about it some but being a Saturday, I don't want you to hurt yourself.:clapping:
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/space-for-rent.png

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/muhahaha-0021.gif

I'll hurt myself enough tomorrow, I am riding horses! :laugh: Trust me I've been trying to figure it out but so far I've only got something about sand paper and thats it..

YellowDogSVC
12-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Junior got his hair parted with that joke..right over the head. Come to Texas, you'll figure it out.

Junior M
12-13-2008, 02:09 PM
So now I have to take road trips to understand KSSS's jokes that have to many big words? Jeez, what the crap!

:laugh: :laugh:

DBL
12-13-2008, 02:25 PM
great before pics but lets see your cleaning skills and get an after pic

ksss
12-13-2008, 04:52 PM
So now I have to take road trips to understand KSSS's jokes that have to many big words? Jeez, what the crap!

:laugh: :laugh:

Too many big words? Brown and power.

I really worry about your school system Junior.

NateV
12-13-2008, 05:09 PM
im pretty sure i understand what there sayin too...

Junior M
12-13-2008, 05:50 PM
Yeah, thats it, I just dont get it, I still dont get it....

CAT powered
12-13-2008, 07:07 PM
It's ok, Junior. We know you southern boys don't got that fancy high school ejikashin.

Dirtman2007
12-13-2008, 07:12 PM
It's ok, Junior. We know you southern boys don't got that fancy high school ejikashin.

I've got 20 years of edumacation under ma belt, I graduated the 10th grade twice!

Junior M
12-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Ah damn, I am feeling stupider by the minute..

Hey I thought that was the way you spelled ejikashin, but the teacher told me I was wrong! I'll prove her wrong! :laugh: :laugh:

stuvecorp
12-13-2008, 07:25 PM
Is it time to give JR a hint?

Junior M
12-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Is it time to give JR a hint?
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/yes1.gif

CAT powered
12-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Yes, but be nice and vague. :laugh:

Junior M
12-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes, but be nice and vague. :laugh:
Dammit..http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/mad-040.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Unhappy/thumb-down-012.gif

Stick Pro
12-13-2008, 07:51 PM
i think everyone but junior gets it

Dirtman2007
12-13-2008, 08:04 PM
Poor Junior... want a cookie? :laugh:

Junior M
12-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Poor Junior... want a cookie? :laugh:
Sure! :laugh:http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-033.gif

kreft
12-13-2008, 08:12 PM
don't worry junior, i don't get those jokes either.

Must be a old geezer thing?

Junior M
12-13-2008, 08:16 PM
don't worry junior, i don't get those jokes either.

Must be a old geezer thing?
Hey, I am not the only one who doesnt get it!http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/woot-035.gif

I think it is an old fart thing..http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Signs/lol-0027.gif

Dirtman2007
12-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Sure! :laugh:http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-033.gif

Tell your mom I gave you permission to get one from the cookie jar.:laugh:

kreft
12-13-2008, 08:22 PM
^^^^i got a kick out that one. lol

CAT powered
12-13-2008, 08:23 PM
So who wants to give Junior his hint?

stuvecorp
12-13-2008, 08:46 PM
So who wants to give Junior his hint?

At this point maybe we shouldn't.

JR, no cookie for you.:nono:

Junior M
12-13-2008, 08:50 PM
At this point maybe we shouldn't.

JR, no cookie for you.:nono:
To late! I already got one! :laugh:

stuvecorp
12-13-2008, 08:54 PM
How many pages can we get?:p

BrandonV
12-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Jr its a poke at the possibility that he has hispanic labor at his shop. I wouldn't have gotten it either except that one of the guys who works for me always says "don't hate me because I'm brown" funny thing is all these yanks accuse us southern boys as being the racist.

Dirtman2007
12-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Jr its a poke at the possibility that he has hispanic labor at his shop. I wouldn't have gotten it either except that one of the guys who works for me always says "don't hate me because I'm brown" funny thing is all these yanks accuse us southern boys as being the racist.

What are you saying sanchez? :laugh:

I couldn't resist, my buddy always says that...

Junior M
12-13-2008, 09:02 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/thanks-068.jpgOh, you freaking serious?

Really, they accuse southerners of being racist and I didnt even get it, that shows how racist the south is!

BrandonV
12-13-2008, 09:05 PM
well not the guys in this forum, but in general.

Junior M
12-13-2008, 09:11 PM
well not the guys in this forum, but in general.
Yeah, the only thing these guys say is that southerners are kinda slow, which I am a good example of that! :laugh:

ksss
12-13-2008, 10:19 PM
Yeah, the only thing these guys say is that southerners are kinda slow, which I am a good example of that! :laugh:

Its surely not a racist thing. They work harder doing jobs that most white guys think is above them, which it is not. Over all they are more dependable. My hat's off to em. Around here the term is "brown power".

Junior M
12-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Its surely not a racist thing. They work harder doing jobs that most white guys think is above them, which it is not. Over all they are more dependable. My hat's off to em. Around here the term is "brown power".
I have no problem with them, I have great respect for them, I wouldnt work my ass off for less than minimum wage and then take the crap they take from there bosses. We dont try and hide it we just call them mexicans. I just wish the ones that dont come to america right would and they would speak english..

ksss
12-13-2008, 10:30 PM
I just wish the ones that dont come to america right would and they would speak english..

I am with you there.

Gravel Rat
12-13-2008, 10:47 PM
You guys should visit Vancouver B.C. you won't hear english anywhere :laugh:

Drive though Richmond you would think your in China or drive through Surrey you think your in India.

We call East Indians Brownies/Brothers.

ccstrebe
12-14-2008, 10:06 AM
My laborer (he's 55 and legal) is one of hardest workers I have ever had, I hired him a year and a half ago on a temporary basis because he had a specific skill that I needed at the time, I didn't hire him as a laborer, he started at $15.00 an hour. After the job was done I told him I would keep him on but I would have to cut his wages a couple bucks an hour and that he would just be a helper. I felt bad, but things had slowed down a little.

He is always at work early and has a great temperament, I consider him a valuable asset to my business. He doesn't mind waxing the Cat, in fact the first time he waxed it I didn't even ask him to do it. I just asked him the vacuum the dried dirt out of the cab floor and clean the glass, he waxed it on his own.

My #1 is guy is Hispanic too and has been with me for 17 years, he is one of the best craftsmen I have ever had, and he is fast.

Counting me and my son there are only four of us in my business so I guess that makes us 50% brown power and proud of it.

ccstrebe
12-14-2008, 10:33 AM
So, what were you doing to get it muddy?

Has it been raining down there or did you water the track down before you fixed the speed bumps???? or did you take it to a mudrun?

On Thanksgiving Eve we got hammered with 3" of rain, our yearly average is only 2". The pictures show some of the damage to the track. We are not open on holiday weekends so I didn't worry about it, I figured by the next weekend it would have dried out. It did mostly but there were still some low areas was a foot deep of mud and would have made it impassable for the bikes so I had to scoop out the mud and get down to some dry dirt. I was cringing the whole time I was doing it.

On another note, the tread pattern spacing on the Cat is so close that when it packs full of cliche mud (which is very slick and slippery) traction is almost non existent. Are there other treads patterns available for MTLs?

bobcat_ron
12-14-2008, 10:49 AM
You're SOL on a different tread pattern, DRB has a larger tread pattern, but those tracks are made in Korea, and the are even weirder for quality, Bair products sells them.
Any type of tracks will slide around when they fill up with mud, it's a fact of life, but the MTL rubber seems to grip better than the harder rubber in slick conditions.

BrandonV
12-14-2008, 11:01 AM
wow what a mess. there is no better track for mud, you just have to keep them spinning. at least your flat,.

Lawnworks
12-14-2008, 02:26 PM
I have no problem with them, I have great respect for them, I wouldnt work my ass off for less than minimum wage and then take the crap they take from there bosses. We dont try and hide it we just call them mexicans. I just wish the ones that dont come to america right would and they would speak english..

Yeah... good luck finding hispanics to work for minimum wage... that is one of those bullshit myths floating around out there.

Junior M
12-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah... good luck finding hispanics to work for minimum wage... that is one of those bullshit myths floating around out there.
There all over here, the guy that does concrete for us has like 6 or 7 and the work for minimum wage, he said when they came to him asking for work they were asking for less than minimum wage.

ccstrebe why did you have the cat on the trailer? I thought you kept it at the track?

Lawnworks
12-14-2008, 02:39 PM
There all over here, the guy that does concrete for us has like 6 or 7 and the work for minimum wage, he said when they came to him asking for work they were asking for less than minimum wage.

ccstrebe why did you have the cat on the trailer? I thought you kept it at the track?

yeah I think that is still bull.

Junior M
12-14-2008, 02:52 PM
yeah I think that is still bull.
I dont know, it might be just telling you what I was told.

ccstrebe
12-14-2008, 04:45 PM

I have a steam cleaner at the shop, I brought it into town to clean the mud off and get a wax job.

Lawnworks
12-14-2008, 07:29 PM
I dont know, it might be just telling you what I was told.

Well if you go out and try to find a hispanic for minimum wage... it won't happen.

Construct'O
12-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Boy! You had some serious damage there.Hope you got things shaped up again.You might consider installing some silt fences material and using some drainage pipes with terraces or basins to help.

Again serious erosion problems.Good luck with your repairs and hopfully you won't have another 3" rain for 30 years.:usflag:

ccstrebe
12-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Boy! You had some serious damage there.Hope you got things shaped up again.You might consider installing some silt fences material and using some drainage pipes with terraces or basins to help.

Again serious erosion problems.Good luck with your repairs and hopfully you won't have another 3" rain for 30 years.:usflag:

Repairs went good. Found a GC demoing a house and he brought me all the concrete and I filled the holes with it and pushed the rest over the side of the ditch. Finished it off with some ABC rock and the laser level. When I was done it looked like it never happened.

Gravel Rat
12-14-2008, 08:50 PM
The only way your going to get traction with those tracks is take a tire groover and start cutting a tread pattern or cut down ever second grouser bar so its lower than the one next to it.

ccstrebe
12-15-2008, 12:24 AM
The only way your going to get traction with those tracks is take a tire groover and start cutting a tread pattern or cut down ever second grouser bar so its lower than the one next to it.

I was thinking the same thing.

ksss
12-15-2008, 12:27 AM
I was thinking the same thing.

Considering what those tracks cost, I think I would just rent a CASE 450CT when you have to work in tough environments.:weightlifter:

ccstrebe
12-15-2008, 12:55 AM
considering what those tracks cost, i think i would just rent a case 450ct when you have to work in tough environments.:weightlifter:

The Case tracks did get a little better traction in the slick mud, but man did they tear up the soft ground when making a turn in normal conditions. Fortunately the mud thing is the exception and not the rule.

stuvecorp
12-15-2008, 12:58 AM
CC, I would like for you to be able to try a S3 Case(440 or 450) with VTS at your track.

ccstrebe
12-15-2008, 01:35 AM
CC, I would like for you to be able to try a S3 Case(440 or 450) with VTS at your track.

I don't know a lot about the vts but aren't they hard on the drive system?

Other than having the option of changing back and forth between tires and tracks (which I understand is a lot of work) what advantage are they over a CTL/MTL which have drive systems designed for tracks?

I've owned three Case units and none of them have put a smile on my face the way the Cat does.