PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Location Questions??

Mike's All Season Service
12-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Does anyone have any LEGIT information on opening multiple locations in different states?

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-13-2008, 07:43 PM
That is a good question, I would assume whatever your doing now in your present location and being successful, than copy that into whatever state your looking to expand into. Same thing goes for licensing, registering with the state and so forth would all copy over.

12-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Im going to ask my insurance agent and my accountant some questions on monday, but just wanted to see if someone had some useful information, Thanks New City for the reply:waving:

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-13-2008, 07:55 PM
What are your intentions on making this expansion or move?

I've considered expanding into a different City within my state, but nothing crossing the border.

12-13-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm Looking into expanding into a different state, but i would like to know ALL the information before making a serious decision.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-13-2008, 08:13 PM
For what reason, there's gotta be something driving your interests? Someone might be able to better assist after they know all the details?

12-13-2008, 08:18 PM
Just looking at opening up another location. we have something big on the table to acquire in this state and the need for a second location has come up. we did some research on this area and there is a lack of professional companies and figured we would look into it. Just in RESEARCH MODE this month.

Chilehead
12-13-2008, 08:22 PM
Every state, county, and municipality has it's own licensing requirements. Your business license, contractor's license, pesticide license, tax reporting requirements, employment law/workman's comp minimums will all vary greatly nationwide. Look into acquiring the knowledge of what is necessary legally (as well as the costs/renewal terms) involved before taking the jump into another state. Measure twice, cut once. Best wishes on your success.

12-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks for the reply, We don't put the final bid in until Feb 08' but are 95% guaranteed the contract,so I have a little time to acquire the necessary information and requirements to conduct business in this area. Thanks for the replies:waving:

Big Lebowski
12-13-2008, 09:21 PM
I would assume that this new out of state area is close to the one you are in now? I ask because to be really effective and profitable, it is best to expand in areas that are near one another. In other words like the next large serviceable city over that stretches beyond a reasonable distance for your current location.

But to open up far enough away that you need to travel long distances will present strains to all aspects of your current and new business. Not that it's impossible but it will definitely introduce new challenges that will not reveal themselves until you have experienced them.

But I am always for expansion and I hope it goes well!