PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat Vacuum Bags

turfdweller
12-14-2008, 07:06 AM
I have a Billy Goat KD512 Vac. The last 2 years I went through three bags due to the zipper coming apart. I can take them to a canvas shop or boat cover shop and have a new zipper put in almost for what a new bag costs. Are there alternative bags for this unit that deos not have any zippers? I have a craftsman vac. that has a bag that only uses snaps. Works great!
Turfdweller

ProMo
12-14-2008, 09:34 AM
yes they have a new style of bag that is a little better than the zipper type. It gets a little dustier but provides a little more suction.

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
12-16-2008, 09:35 AM
Assuming you are using the type of bag that originally came with your unit, the bag you currently have is a felt bag. If you are wanting the new KV style zipperless felt bag the part number is 890627. If you are wanting the new KV style mesh sided bag the part number is 890625. The bag you currently have is a felt bag. Both of those will retrofit to your KD512. The whole idea behind the new bags is to get away from zippers and try to keep the dust out of the end users face. Please let me know if there are any additional questions I can help you with.

Sincerely,

Drew Coates

turfdweller
12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Thank you for the feedback. I am ordering the new bag along with the additional pins and clips to retrofit onto my vac.
JIM V

turfdweller
02-24-2009, 07:26 PM
I got set up with the new bag. Two problems: #1 DUST #2 another damaged bag. The bottom of the bag was torn apart from the base skid plate where it is stitched. The force of the leaves going into the bag was too strong for the threads to hold on the side where the shoot directs the leaves into the bag. My dealer was kind enough to warranty the bag. I am going back to using the old zipper bag and using the new style bag as a back up.

Barefoot James
02-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Yes the Billy Goat Bags are really not very good at all. Mr Force I talked to your hq to request a trade out on one of the new spares I have to hold onto and no luck with my local shop in Louisville trading it out. Can i order one direct? The zippers really do basically s____k.

02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
I got set up with the new bag. Two problems: #1 DUST #2 another damaged bag. The bottom of the bag was torn apart from the base skid plate where it is stitched. The force of the leaves going into the bag was too strong for the threads to hold on the side where the shoot directs the leaves into the bag. My dealer was kind enough to warranty the bag. I am going back to using the old zipper bag and using the new style bag as a back up.

Turfdweller,

Is there a black strip on the outer edge of the bottom where the fabric meets the hard bottom? If there isn't we've improved the bag. The stiching is on the outside instead of the inside to avoid the wear you've had. Also, there is a felt version of the new style bag that helps to keep dust down. It does have to be cleaned now and again, like the KD512 bag. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you.

RGM
02-25-2009, 08:57 AM
I have had the mesh part of the bagger for my mower fixed by someone at a canvas shop

02-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Yes the Billy Goat Bags are really not very good at all. Mr Force I talked to your hq to request a trade out on one of the new spares I have to hold onto and no luck with my local shop in Louisville trading it out. Can i order one direct? The zippers really do basically s____k.

The zippers are difficult to say the least. That's one of the reasons any new vacuums we introduce do not have zippers. We're also working to remove zippers from VQ series as well. As for buying direct we do sell bags, and accessories but I'm not sure about the trade you spoke of.

PM me with the specifics and I'll work on it here.

turfdweller
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Mr Force,
My first bag that blew out did not have the black cloth covering the stitch, so I must have gotten the older one first. The replacement bag that I received does have the black cloth covering. I did not notice this until now so it may be a better situation now.
JIM V

ProMo
02-26-2009, 08:37 AM
my new mesh style bag has lost the stitches were it is sewn to the bottom :(

Jim Reed
08-04-2009, 03:01 AM
First, does anyone know if the new zipperless bag from Billy Goat fits:dancing: the old KD510 vacuum? I have one I got second-hand but with a new engine.

Also, is there a way to lubricate the zipper without damaging the bag? The zipper just sticks every few inches, and emptying becomes more of a chore than anything else. A friend suggested WD40, but I'd hate to spray the zipper with that and see the zipper come loose or something.

Last, it may be my imagination, but I thought I saw somewhere on the Internet a device that fits under the vacuum's bag to hold it off the ground, a sort of platform that attaches to the handles. I don't recall where I saw it. At the time, it seemed like a silly accessory, but now I believe it might be advisable. I suppose I could just make one, but I'd sooner buy one somebody else has tested for usability.

BBC Property
09-18-2009, 06:39 PM
I have gone through 2 bags in 2 years. This is after the crank went on the machine. Thank goodness it was warranteed. What is the process of getting a better bagging system. I think for the almost $1000 we paid, we should get a machine that will work more than a year!!!