PDA

View Full Version : expanding to xmas lights

jbailey52
12-15-2008, 11:43 PM
Our company has had so many request to install xmas lights on customers houses.. I would like to know where are vendors and catalogs I can look at as well as use for sales to potential customers? I have no idea who makes professional xmas lights. Some of these customers say they use a company now and some pay $3,000 + a year for lights.... Any help greatly appreciated.

jbailey52
12-17-2008, 08:34 PM
Nothing huh? AWESOME forum

hotrod1965
12-17-2008, 09:12 PM
Not to be rude, but if you took 20 minutes to read through this forum, you would find all your answers and then some.

There are a few regulars that post all the time, and speaking for myself, it gets tiring explaining the basics to peope over and over again when you could take the time to read.

jeffmoore
12-17-2008, 09:16 PM
Not to be rude, but if you took 20 minutes to read through this forum, you would find all your answers and then some.

There are a few regulars that post all the time, and speaking for myself, it gets tiring explaining the basics to peope over and over again when you could take the time to read.

But isn't that the reason for foums such as this? Pretty arrogant for someone that has been a member for less than a year sorry not trying to be rude.

hotrod1965
12-17-2008, 09:25 PM
Arrogant? I just pointed people to search the forum because it is full of tons of information. It's far easier and far faster than asking the same questions that have been asked and aswered several times.

David Gretzmier
12-18-2008, 12:13 AM
This forum seems to be made up of two groups of folks- people who do Christmas business seriously and folks who are thinking about it. I have answered the beginner questions enough.

I'm not arrogant, but when I am thinking of getting into a business, my research methods lead me to read what has been written and then ask questions on what I cannot find the answers to. I encourage everyone to spend 3 hours and read the past 5 pages of threads on this forum, and you will find that hotrod, turf hokie and myself tend to be very friendly and open to answer questions that have not been asked and answered at least a dozen times before.

The info contained on these threads is probably worth about $15000 plus in Christmas light training from Christmas Decor, Brite Ideas, or Holiday Bright lights.

Also, if I learn a new answer, supplier, good deal or new technique or install method, I am happy to share what I have learned, with regulars and newbies alike. since my business is BUSY right now, I cannot always answer folks within 48 hours.

Also there are firewood and Christmas tree guys who lurk about and are pretty good guys too.

Hopefully a guy who has been posting on lawnsite for 7 years can earn your respect.

David Gretzmier
12-18-2008, 12:17 AM
And by the way jeffmore, you've been registered on this site for less than 24 hours, and you are already calling folks who've been on here over a year arrogant?

elite lawns
12-18-2008, 12:23 AM
Can't me all just get along Merry Christmas and god bless everyone

elite lawns
12-18-2008, 12:24 AM
that's a WE lol