PDA

View Full Version : upcoming spring postcard campaign

kyfireman2004
12-16-2008, 06:21 PM
I was told the other day the bulk permit is like $350 -$360.00. That is for your first year. After that you you have to use it a couple of times in a two year period. I annual fee is half of that like $150.00....There is a one time fee of like $150.00 =$350
These are just numbers I recall from the other day.......They could be off.
To mail by mail routes (no lists)only the rate is like .137 (rounded to .14 )per post card. For me this is how I will be mailing this year. The thing about mailing to routes is you have to know the routes. You wouldn't want businesses or apartments ect if you are looking for residential.
I plan on doing 10,000 twice in two weeks. OR I might just do a single 20000 mailing.
So If I have my math right it should cost me

$200 kbx design
$360 permit
$2800 post office fees 20000 * .14
$2500 post card mania 20000 post cards. 6*11 (I think I was told this was the biggest post card you can mail at this rate.)
If I am allowed to mail that big. If not I will go to a 6*8 for $2000.00

Total $5860 and hoping to get lots of calls.........
I would really like to have about .005 return on 20000. 100 calls..........
If I am missing something or I have said something wrong please let me know.
Any info on my campaign would be cool too........The do's or don't on post cards......

Tyler7692
12-16-2008, 08:57 PM
1) Lets see the postcard

2) Target wealthy zip codes!

Joe Shooner
12-19-2008, 10:00 AM
Postcard Rate applies to anything below 4.25" x 6". That's your best rate, and above that you are in letter rate, which applies up to something like 6.5" x 12" (not 100% sure what the max size is before you are considered a 'flat').

Usually, our clients decide that it makes sense to be bigger then 4.25" x 6", so you might as well get something big - like the 6" x 11" in your case. Is that a standard size at postcardmania?

PostcardMania
04-05-2011, 02:10 PM
kyfireman2004 - What are your current marketing actions for the 2011 season?

kyfireman2004
04-13-2011, 06:42 PM
kyfireman2004 - What are your current marketing actions for the 2011 season?

Unless you guys can match gotprint.com on printing and charge .06 cents for labeling and list I am not interested in your company.

PostcardMania
04-18-2011, 05:55 PM
Unless you guys can match gotprint.com on printing and charge .06 cents for labeling and list I am not interested in your company.

Lou, I'm not familiar with how gotprint.com produces their quotes and what's all included, I checked their website, but wasn't able to quickly locate the pricing structure for a full campaign similar to what we offer. However. if you'd like to get a custom quote (no obligation) I'd be happy to hook you up with one of our reps.

Whether you decide to use or not, at least you'll have the information on what would be most effective as far as the quantity, price, design, list, etc.

Message me or shoot me an email. Happy to help!

wbw
04-18-2011, 06:28 PM

Don't you hope this is how your potential customers treat you?

PostcardMania
04-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Don't you hope this is how your potential customers treat you?

It's not uncommon and I don't take it personally. He's a business man who knows what he wants and what he's willing to spend. If our company can help him out, great! If not, at least he has the info for future projects.

When prospects talk to our marketing reps, they don't just get a quote. They get a helpful analysis that will make their marketing campaign worthwhile so no one is wasting hard-earned marketing dollars. We don't want business owners paying for stuff they don't need or not made aware of what they DO need to make the campaign effective.

We know exactly what works and doesn't work when it comes to postcard marketing and we're happy to share this with others so they can succeed. When it all comes down to it... we sell results, not just postcards.