PDA

View Full Version : Information on payroll services needed

kyfireman2004
12-16-2008, 06:40 PM
How and who do you use to sub out payroll?
What all do the companies do and pay out too? fed. tax , state tax, workers comp, SS, unemployment, retirement, med.ins? Am I missing something?
What kind of fees are you looking to pay out for this service? Anything else a person would need to know about these firms?

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-16-2008, 07:48 PM
www.paychex.com

They do all the workmans. comp., Payroll, and even benefits if you wanted to, they will give you a free quote.

CLARK LAWN
12-17-2008, 12:15 AM
i used paychex a few years ago they were good atg first then they started adding little fees here and there till it ended up costing a lot more than the quote was.

Now i use quickbooks and it works real good. only cost like 100 a year prints out a nice paystub and/or check and all tax forms aleady filled out, all you have to do is sign and mail.

bobcatnj
12-17-2008, 07:20 AM
i use paychex. they take care of everything. all you do is give them payroll over a phonecall. i found that they are cheaper than my accountant doing payroll taxes every quater and plus i dont have to deal with the payroll crap.

Lawnworks
12-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I just figure on 20% of the employee's rate including workers comp. You might try a local payroll company and tell them to beat paychex. I had paychex, but they were overnighting the checks... the local company just mails them... it all adds up. Plus with a local company, you might be able gain an account.

Az Gardener
12-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Paychex has been great for us, never a mistake in over 7 years. My biggest complaint is their office used to be about 2 minutes from mine so picking up checks was convenient. Now they moved and it takes 15 min to get to the office :cry:

sgl41377
01-15-2009, 05:20 PM
I was wondering how many employees you guys have. I would like to start payroll service for me and one or two employees. How much would it cost for 3 people to get paid on a bi-weekly basis? Also, how much is Worker's Comp and other taxes that you have to match to be completely legit. For the past for years, I have just 1099 my employees that help out. I know that is the back door, but what are you going to do when you are a small outfit. I am growing a lot and would like to start this in March or April.