PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums..

S.Florida Landscapes
12-16-2008, 08:22 PM
My name is Tom. I am 23 years old and have been in the retail/wholesale nursery buisness for 4 years now (close to 5). It started as a summer job right out of highschool (friend of the family who owns the nursery) and 5 years later I love the job.

Never went to school for any aspect of it, but have been told that I know more than people that have. I am positive that I have so much more to learn, but for being 23 and no schooling I know more than half of the "landscapers" that come into the place that I work.

The job started, like I said, as a summer job. Started as a loader with no experiance or knowladge of the materials or the buisness itself. Over the past 4 years I have moved up from loader, to sales, to machine operator, design, installation..and Now my job incorporates all of them on a daily basis.

I now, should have long ago, will be buying a truck and going in partners with one of the guys I mt and have become good friends with through work.

I plan on using these forums as a tool, and hope to meet some good people.

I am in South Florida.

-Tom

DLAWNS
12-16-2008, 09:11 PM
If you're looking for info to help you grow in your career, you have found the right place. I learn new things everyday on here. Hope to speak with you in the future. Welcome to the site!

S.Florida Landscapes
12-17-2008, 07:04 AM
Thank you for the welcome man!

Check out my post "trucks trucks trucks.."

and give your $0.02 please!

thanks,

-TN