PDA

View Full Version : Not too happy with Turf Magazine

Chris1594
12-17-2008, 08:10 PM
well 2 months ago I "Subscribed" to their magazine subscription online and still waiting and no mag what if I want to Tell friends in the biz about this mag how can I say "wow this magazine is really good you guys should check it out" so im just saying that some one really dropped the ball sorry people im just venting but just saying that im not happy with Turf Mag thanks for listening to me vent people :hammerhead:

JB1
12-17-2008, 08:16 PM
------------patience-------------

Chris1594
12-17-2008, 08:27 PM
I have just never seen a magazine company that takes so long

Dean of Green
12-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Is it possible that you subscribed to have access to the online edition and did not opt for the hard copy magazine? I don't know how Turf does it but many mags are going with this option to save on printing.

Chris1594
12-17-2008, 08:45 PM
I will have to double check I could of sworn I cliked on having it sent to the home

Michael J. Donovan
12-18-2008, 11:15 AM
send me a pm or email me with your contact information and I can look into it for you - mike@mooserivermedia.com

LawnTamer
12-18-2008, 11:43 AM
One time, I let my subscription expire. I emailed, and not only got resubscribed, but they sent me the 4 months of issues I had missed. About 2 weeks of bathroom reading material.:laugh::laugh:

LushGreenLawn
12-18-2008, 06:48 PM
I had my magazine pretty quickly after subscribing, I think it was only a week or two.

Chris1594
12-18-2008, 06:50 PM
Interesting..

Danscapes
12-18-2008, 07:31 PM
It's a great Mag, if you like thumbing through 1000 ads to find 1 story.

Chris1594
12-18-2008, 08:08 PM
lol they have alot of ads?

LushGreenLawn
12-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Yes, they do have alot of ads. Think about it though, for what you pay for the magazine, its a heck of a deal!

I was in a group that looked into publishing a magazine for nationwide distribution. The cost was way more than I imagined. I don't know how some low volume magizines stay in business. That being said, Moose River has to pay for the printing and distribution cost from ads, they do not generate any revenue from subscription fees.

americanlawn
12-21-2008, 03:01 PM
We love the new TURF Magazine. Moose River also made the magazine "standard size" instead of the 'newspaper size' it used to be --- we like that. Now it also has more features about LCO's & why they are successful. TURF Magazine has also improved the "products section" -- easier to navigate, and it's easier to find product information from manufacturers.

Last issue was especially appealing to us. It featured "All American Turf Beauty". They have been a very successful LCO since the mid seventies (well before even ChemLawn was established in our area). Nuther thing we admired was the very thoughtful Christmas card photo from L.T. Rich ---Thanks Z-Spray guys. :usflag:

Finally........we have NEVER had a problem receiving TURF Magazine, and it NEVER goes in "file 13" at our office until all my guys have had a chance to read it. :usflag::canadaflag:

Chris1594
12-22-2008, 12:45 AM
We love the new TURF Magazine. Moose River also made the magazine "standard size" instead of the 'newspaper size' it used to be --- we like that. Now it also has more features about LCO's & why they are successful. TURF Magazine has also improved the "products section" -- easier to navigate, and it's easier to find product information from manufacturers.

Last issue was especially appealing to us. It featured "All American Turf Beauty". They have been a very successful LCO since the mid seventies (well before even ChemLawn was established in our area). Nuther thing we admired was the very thoughtful Christmas card photo from L.T. Rich ---Thanks Z-Spray guys. :usflag:

Finally........we have NEVER had a problem receiving TURF Magazine, and it NEVER goes in "file 13" at our office until all my guys have had a chance to read it. :usflag::canadaflag:

I just recieved it yesterday it's a very good Magazine

rflawnman
04-02-2009, 07:55 PM
so I guess this mag is worth every penny spent on it huh?

MJS
04-11-2009, 12:38 AM
so I guess this mag is worth every penny spent on it huh?

And then some. . . Anything totally free and sometimes helpful is worth it.

Ducke
04-11-2009, 11:06 AM
Well I have signed up for Turf I got one issue about a year ago.
Nothing since not sure if its due to the fact I'm Canadian or not?
I did like the copy I got it still in the reading room.:rolleyes: