PDA

View Full Version : Agusta

Rainman7
12-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Anyone try the Agusta light yet? I installed 3 on a green a couple of weeks ago and wasnt too impressed. They are ok but for the $... not so sure. It would be nice if there was maybe a small reflector below the flag that might reflect some light down onto the green. Ya think the photo on the Unique website is slightly touched? :laugh:

Mike M
12-21-2008, 06:47 PM
As far as downlighting, you may want to try a tree light if a tree is nearby, or look into something like the 5' post light Unique has, or something from a structure. I'm pretty sure that's what's hitting the green in the Unique photo, at least the one that I have.

Do you have any pics?

I was curious about this fixture, I have only seen the specs.

Rainman7
12-21-2008, 07:42 PM
No pics. I will try to get some this week. Everything is covered in snow now. There is some down light in the ad photo but the hole seem to glow more in the photo than actual. I was just thinking it would look better if it was able to cast a small circle of light around the hole via some kind of reflector on the pole. The customer is happy the way it is but I would like more.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Time for some customization. Why not try to craft said pole reflector out of some polished aluminum plate. A disc about 4" dia should do it, polished side down, the drill a hole in it for the flag post. Then use two tight rubber grommets (or something similar) on top and below the reflector to hold it in place.

Now the light will come up from the Augusta, hit the reflector and radiate down onto the gree. No glare and could be very effective.

I don't know how Unique is with adotping contractor improvements to its line, but if you did something like that with a Nightscaping fixture, you would stand a very high chance of getting your name on it. i.e. the Scottliter MI version. Developed by a guy named scott and then improved by a guy named M.I.

Regards

Mike M
12-21-2008, 08:25 PM
James, I'll bet fifty US dollars (not sure what that is going for in CA right now) that Joey could crack out something better than that from parts lying around, make it out of brass, and sell it for less on ebay. That is, if Nate is still out of the office.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-21-2008, 09:52 PM
LOL... well that would be about $60 CDN Mike, think you can afford such extravagance?? :)

I am pretty sure Joey could fashion what I suggested, but certainly not anything better! As for selling the Augusta "Radiance" fixture on Ebay... well I would certainly hope it would cost less then list! :)

Have a great day.

Eden Lights
12-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Do you want it usable or do you want to just be pretty? I have done both and every green owner falls into one of the two categories.

Eden Lights
12-21-2008, 10:33 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=228760&highlight=putting+green

Rainman7
12-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Time for some customization. Why not try to craft said pole reflector out of some polished aluminum plate. A disc about 4" dia should do it, polished side down, the drill a hole in it for the flag post. Then use two tight rubber grommets (or something similar) on top and below the reflector to hold it in place.

Now the light will come up from the Augusta, hit the reflector and radiate down onto the gree. No glare and could be very effective.

I don't know how Unique is with adotping contractor improvements to its line, but if you did something like that with a Nightscaping fixture, you would stand a very high chance of getting your name on it. i.e. the Scottliter MI version. Developed by a guy named scott and then improved by a guy named M.I.

Regards

Thats exactly what I was going to try except use a painted gloss white piece. I'll try both.

JoeyD
12-22-2008, 10:47 AM
We tried everything with this light to get more output. We tried a clear flag pole to let the light travel up we played with reflectors, we increased wattage. The wattage was the best but it voided the ETL listing due to heat. The clear flag pole sucked, and the reflectors were not going to cut in the day. Rememeber the Augusta was not designed as a task light, it was designed to identify the hole and to eliminate that huge dark spot that a putting greeen is. It is not designed to illuminte the entire green.

Look in this picture on the right. It is not touched up. Again the Augustas are only designed to identify the cups and highlight the flags. You will need surrounding Area Enhancement Lights to illuminate the entire green.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb97/ulsjoeyd/lighting/Panorama10-AutoCrop.jpg

TXNSLighting
12-22-2008, 12:29 PM
Man i like that house.