PDA

View Full Version : The ingredients in 15:15:15

UT1000
12-21-2008, 04:09 PM
I'm at my wits end trying to find information on the pricing of ingredients to produce large volumes of 15 15 15 fertilizer.

Could someone please tell me what ingredients and their ball park price (per tonne or ton) , please?

FdLLawnMan
12-21-2008, 05:50 PM
The ingredients are nitrogen, phosphorus & potash. The price on urea is dropping as is the price of phosphorus while potash is remaining stable & high. Why do you want to know the price of separate ingredients? Are you going to mix your own or what.

LawnTamer
12-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Does UT stand for Utah? Cuz most soils here are quite high in phosphorus, not sure you would need a 1-1-1 blend for much, even most gardeners go with a 4-1-2 type blend. Like 16-4-8.

UT1000
12-21-2008, 06:32 PM
The ingredients are nitrogen, phosphorus & potash. The price on urea is dropping as is the price of phosphorus while potash is remaining stable & high. Why do you want to know the price of separate ingredients? Are you going to mix your own or what.

A long story,short.... I'm at a go-nogo crossroads in a project to convert oragnic waste into fertilizer. The process involves reducing organic waste quickly (in 20 minutes at a rate of one ton/hour at a cost of approx. $100 per hour or ton) into a fertilizing material, then enriching it with N, P & K to obtain an acceptable fertilizer.

The price/ton of the N, P & K additives will determine if the end product can be competitive.

The project is on another continent, so it doesn't compete locally, where the 15 15 15 recipe is required.

Do you have a ballpark per ton cost for the additives please? A price rounded to the nearest $50/ton is good enough to qualify this.

Thanks.

FdLLawnMan
12-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Here you go. All I did was type in price per ton of fertilizer and this came up.
www.fertilizerworks.com/html/market/TheMarket.pdf
It will open up a PDF with the latest market prices.

Ric
12-21-2008, 06:58 PM
UT

If you don't know these elements or Compounds are listed on the Commodity Market and you can find the price of each on the Internet, then you are in way over your head in this project. Nitrogen makes up 78% of the air you breathe. But when used in fertilizer it comes in many different compounds most of which will react with organic material once moisture is added.

What you are attempting to do, is make what we in the Industry call a BRIDGE Product. Bridge Products are the best of both worlds. Given the correct formulation by a Agronomist-chemist, they are more valuable than the sum of their parts.

UT1000
12-22-2008, 12:34 PM
Here you go. All I did was type in price per ton of fertilizer and this came up.
www.fertilizerworks.com/html/market/TheMarket.pdf
It will open up a PDF with the latest market prices.
I thought I'd typed all the possible Google searches and kept getting thin results. I left out the obvious.... many thanks.

Ric, my portion of this project isn't the fertilizer but the conversion of waste. The project is critical enough that I want to be able to listen intelligently in any conversation pertaining to the fertilizer recipe and costs to better decide if and how many company resources I'll affect to this project.

Thanks all

RigglePLC
12-22-2008, 01:01 PM
UT,
The organic people shoud be able to help you on this, what about it ICT Bill? Is the fertilizer for turf--which doesn't need much phos--or for crops which need it? What type of soil? What type of crop? What is fert price in the location of manufacture? If you are trying to help out a rural village, can you get them to grow legumes between crops--free nitrogen--and maybe a few soybeans. In Milwaukee the waste comes out 6-2-0, you would have to add a lot of nutrients to get it up to 15 all.
Not much--hope this helps.

tremor
12-22-2008, 02:00 PM
One ton of 15-15-15 contains:

183# N so 397 lbs from 46-0-0 Urea
300# P so 652 lbs of 18-46-0 DAP diammonium phosphate (also yields 117# N)
183# N to make the required 300# (from the DAP)
300# K so 484 lbs of 0-0-62 muriate of potash

You can land urea for about $450
DAP is still pricey at
MOP is probably $1000 but I'd check that.