PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Connecticut!

jeepwrite
12-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Hey everyone. We're two college-age guys starting up a lawncare and landscaping business here in New Haven County. We're excited to learn new things and have already begun to read all of the posts on this site.

We know with the way the economy is going that it will be tough, but if we can do it now then there's no doubt in my mind that we'll be able to succeed.

We both have a little bit of knowledge coming into this. My dad worked in the green industry since he was about my age and he has passed on his wisdom to me. I've also been working summers for my town parks department mowing, gardening, maintaining, etc etc so at least I know what I'm getting into. My partner did some work mowing golf courses so he's not blind either.

Any help/comments/etc we can get about starting this type of business would be great. We plan on starting off doing weekly mowings and maintenance, along with spring and fall cleanups, lawn installations along with seeding and fertilizing, hedge trimming and shrub pruning, and hopefully snow plowing once we get our feet wet.

We love being outdoors and we love working hard for satisfying results, so we couldn't be more excited to throw our chips in and go at this hard.

DLAWNS
12-22-2008, 01:01 AM
Good luck to both of you and welcome to the site. I look forward to talking with both of you.

KACYDS
12-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Welcome to LS, and good luck.