PDA

View Full Version : bubbling boulders

CLARK LAWN
12-21-2008, 11:33 PM
i want to build a bubbling boulder in my front yard come spring, Ive been reading up and i would like to see something with some pics are there any books i could get to help me with this?

JeffY
12-22-2008, 11:37 AM
Here's some pics of what we have done.

Fiano Landscapes
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Here is one that we did. Really easy, and cheap. we used the aquascape aqua basin for ours. We also hung a landscape light from the pergola over it> Very nice accent peice.

ANC Stone Creations
12-23-2008, 12:48 AM
Here are a couple of pictures of some of our rocks installed.

ANC Stone Creations
12-23-2008, 12:49 AM
More of them can be seen at www.ancstonecreations.webs.com

Lite4
12-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Here are a few smaller ones from way back. Funny you should ask about a book. I am actually about halfway through writing a book on building waterfeatures the professionals way, which I hope to get published in 09.

Venturewest
01-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Funny you should ask about a book. I am actually about halfway through writing a book on building waterfeatures the professionals way, which I hope to get published in 09.

That is awesome Tim! I will buy the book, especially if you put a shot of one of my features in it. (As long as it is not used as an example of bad design) I am still trying to plug you for a seminar at our big wholesale pond distributor.

I really do believe you could have great success with a well written, well photographed book on professional water feature design. There really is no good product out there right now. Good luck!

coxlandscaping
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey Guys this may be a dumb question but what size bits are you using or are you core drilling these? They look really good.

Lite4
01-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Core drilling. Usually between 1.5" to 2.5" depending on desired water volume and effect. Just remember on soft rock such as sandstone you will want to sleeve the cored out boulder with pvc or poly pipe to prevent excessive errosion over time.

zedosix
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Really like the natural stone bubbling rocks. Those faux rocks just don't do it for me.

Supertiger
03-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Firefly, how did you position the pink or red lights in the stone columns, ? were they mounted in the same hole as the water inlet.? and were did you hide the power wires for the lights. your water features are some of the best ive seen i just wish more people could afford to hire me to install features that nice because its really all about the money as to how nice it can be made to look.

ANC Stone Creations
03-02-2009, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure how firefly installs his lights in the columns but we build our Rock Columns with or without lights in them.

Check us out on the web at www.ancstonecreations.webs.com

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
03-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Firefly, how did you position the pink or red lights in the stone columns, ? were they mounted in the same hole as the water inlet.? and were did you hide the power wires for the lights. your water features are some of the best ive seen i just wish more people could afford to hire me to install features that nice because its really all about the money as to how nice it can be made to look.

SO TRUE! Budgets can make and break a nice project.

riverwalklandscaping
03-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Really neat work! Are you using an adapter like at the bottom of this page http://www.ascscientific.com/drills.html or do you have a special drill?

ANC Stone Creations
03-09-2009, 03:30 AM
Our Rock Columns are hollow and also preplumbed with 1 1/2" pvc pipe.

Check out our website at www.ancstonecreations.webs.com

Or email us direct with any questions, comments or to place an order at anc_stonecreations@yahoo.com

We build these Rock Columns because of the high cost associated with natural stone ie;
site prep, heavy machines and also man power!

Our Rock Columns are very easy to install in just a couple of hours!