PDA

View Full Version : Line Voltage LED's

jshimmin
12-22-2008, 11:15 AM
Anyone have any experience with PAR 20 and PAR 38 LED bulbs? I'm looking for direct drop in replacements for existing Line Voltage fixtures.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-22-2008, 08:59 PM
I have tested a number of these units, all from S.E. Asia. I have 4 PAR20 LED lamps installed in recessed pot lighting in my basement now. So far, everything I have tested has been lacklustre. They either suffer from poor thermal management or they have very limited intensity.

HOWEVER... As we speak I have a brand new PAR20 LED Lamp on its way to me. This one promises to be different. I have talked long and hard with the USA based manufacturer and they tell me that this lamp will perform to spec. As soon as I have them here, I will be testing them and will give you my review.

Have a great day.

jshimmin
12-23-2008, 08:15 AM
I have several on the way as well. If I find any that provide adequate performance I will update.

Calls and requests for security lighting are almost equal to calls for traditional Limited Voltage Systems. Many of the PAR fixture locations would be well suited to LED's that do not need annual swaps.