PDA

View Full Version : Fert. plan for 2009

mowerrookie
12-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Ok guys ive been mowing for a little while and am looking to get into fertilizer for my customers.. im looking to see what kinda program you would use on a customer lawn. ive done 5 different applications thru the year of fertilizer. then I lime aerate and overseed... havent gotten great results. any help would be great cause I want to get these lawns weedfree and looking green.

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
12-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Did you do Soil Tests?

RLC12065
12-23-2008, 11:36 AM
mowerrookie , doesnt say where youre from but first take random soil tests from diiferent customers. from the soil test find out what the lawns are lacking and get a fert to add these nutrients. do not randomly lime lawns. many lawns might need lime but let a soil test tell you if a lawn needs lime. aeration is always good to do but if you are overseeding make sure youre using the proper type seed for the area and that youre using quality seed.

ICT Bill
12-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Ok guys ive been mowing for a little while and am looking to get into fertilizer for my customers.. im looking to see what kinda program you would use on a customer lawn. ive done 5 different applications thru the year of fertilizer. then I lime aerate and overseed... havent gotten great results. any help would be great cause I want to get these lawns weedfree and looking green.

I have no idea where you are so it is difficult, at best, to help. I would reach out to your local extention agent who has great experience with the soils in your area as well as common turf disease. These folks can be invaluble to get the learning curve over as quick as possible. They have lots of information at their finger tips and know all of the local and state laws. They can also point you in the right direction if they don't know