PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing during the "OFF SEASON"

White Gardens
12-24-2008, 03:09 AM
Title says it all.

Just trying to post some crud in the landscaping section. Seems like it slowed down after incorporating the LHS site, and I can tell that most people aren't doing much.

Dreams To Designs
12-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Becoming better educated and knowledgeable about the green industry and it's newest trends.

Lot's of opportunities for networking as well.

Kirk

KCfireman
12-24-2008, 11:17 AM
Fighting fires.

stuvecorp
12-25-2008, 12:45 AM
Surfing the InterWeb, 24/7. It's gonna be a long winter.

Smallaxe
12-25-2008, 09:03 AM
Surfing the InterWeb, 24/7. It's gonna be a long winter.

Where is Lake Wissota?
I'm central Wisco here and yes research is what keeps us sane for the long winter. :)
What I do is try to stave off pnemonia.

stuvecorp
12-25-2008, 02:28 PM
Where is Lake Wissota?
I'm central Wisco here and yes research is what keeps us sane for the long winter. :)
What I do is try to stave off pnemonia.

The official address is Cadott but just as close to Chippewa Falls.

EagleLandscape
12-25-2008, 11:56 PM
crew is still working 50 hour weeks.

i seem to only be working 40 for a change.

we are year round maintenance, no sense in having all sorts of equipment to have it sit in the shop all winter long collecting dust...

Smallaxe
12-26-2008, 10:55 AM
The official address is Cadott but just as close to Chippewa Falls.

So you probably are enjoying the winter wonderland as well. Looks like we are going to get a bit of a break now though. Above 0 for a while!!! :laugh:

elite lawns
12-26-2008, 10:32 PM
Try to do less as possible

Spartan Pride
12-29-2008, 02:50 PM
I probably just made the lowest budget trip in the history of Disney World. My brother is going to school in Orlando, so I stayed with him for the week. Got a round trip ticket from Detroit for $160 and got into Disney free via a friend who works there.

Seemed like a logical choice as I had never been.

KrayzKajun
12-29-2008, 03:11 PM
i dont have a off season!!!!

yeayea14
12-29-2008, 04:22 PM
I play xbox lol:usflag:

Stuttering Stan
12-29-2008, 05:43 PM
Honey-do list around the house. Snow trips.

PSUturf
12-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Plowing a lot of snow so far.

JimLewis
01-01-2009, 06:51 AM
I am spending most all of my free time learning SEO techniques and implementing them so that our website will come up a lot higher on search engines. Many of my competitors are now hiring SEO companies to do this for them. And it's working. I don't have money in the budget to hire the really good SEO firms to do it for me, so I am learning it all and doing it all myself. It's a freakin' LOT of work.

Since midnight (new years) I have been reading up on SEO info. sites and forums for the last few hours. In fact, that's what prompted me to come back and make a few post on Lawnsite at this late hour. One of the things that counts on certain search engines is how many back-links your website has. Every time I post here on Lawnsite (or any forum) my URL comes up below my post and I get another back-link. That's not why I come to lawnsite. It's just a fringe benefit. But one of the articles I was just reading discussed how you have to keep your back links current. A bunch of old backlinks to your website are not worth much if there aren't also current backlinks. So, here I am. Now back to reading about SEO stuff......

RECESSION PROOF MOWING
01-03-2009, 12:33 AM
Gearing up for may 2009!

elite lawns
01-03-2009, 03:16 AM
Read Play Video games Drink beer and then drink more beer

mdvaden
01-03-2009, 04:14 AM
Not sure if it feels like the off season - a teeny bit, mainly due to the financial bad news, but calls just started coming in steady lately.

Took a tree ID class again in autumn for arborist CEUs and toward my landscape license CEUs also.

Doing pruning in between bursts of snow and rain.

Wife is thinking of doing a lap dog day care and pet bird day care. Our older son does websites, and will probably make a front page for her. Could be a fun low key side line.

mattfromNY
01-03-2009, 04:38 AM
I am spending most all of my free time learning SEO techniques and implementing them so that our website will come up a lot higher on search engines. Many of my competitors are now hiring SEO companies to do this for them. And it's working. I don't have money in the budget to hire the really good SEO firms to do it for me, so I am learning it all and doing it all myself. It's a freakin' LOT of work.

Since midnight (new years) I have been reading up on SEO info. sites and forums for the last few hours. In fact, that's what prompted me to come back and make a few post on Lawnsite at this late hour. One of the things that counts on certain search engines is how many back-links your website has. Every time I post here on Lawnsite (or any forum) my URL comes up below my post and I get another back-link. That's not why I come to lawnsite. It's just a fringe benefit. But one of the articles I was just reading discussed how you have to keep your back links current. A bunch of old backlinks to your website are not worth much if there aren't also current backlinks. So, here I am. Now back to reading about SEO stuff......

Does it help if we visit your site? Give you some hits? I will bookmark it and check it out once in a while if it helps you. :drinkup:

JimLewis
01-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Ummm... I'll answer that in a PM... can't give too much away in an open forum. If my competitions wants to learn how to get their site to come up easier, I want them to have to spend countless hours trying to figure it out like I have. But thanks for the offer! I will take you up on it....sort of... see PM...

STRINGALATION
01-05-2009, 03:27 AM
Not busy but want to be. right now i'm studing for my applicators license. scouting for bids reading plowsite trying to learn the snow game. started a small nurseryof 250 plants. getting my tax papers together designing my news letter updating my mailing list and just got introduced to company of heroes on pc which is sweet since i'm a C & C KINDA GUY

CALandscapes
01-05-2009, 10:30 AM
Working. We're rolling on, job after job :weightlifter:

Panhead
01-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Work is slow so I'm making most repairs on my Ford since the previous owner didn't take very good care of it and doing maintenance on my mowers.

Fiano Landscapes
01-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Becoming better educated and knowledgeable about the green industry and it's newest trends.

Lot's of opportunities for networking as well.

Kirk

Exactly! Great time to further knowledge, and brainstorm for inovative new ideas. Get garden show contruction underway. Networking with people, Mid-Am Show, Cents Show, NCMA Show. Lots of opportunity.