PDA

View Full Version : help with sprayer purchase

dakotalawnboy
12-25-2008, 07:16 PM
hi everyone, I am new to the forum and would like to get some advice? I am looking at purchasing a sparyer and want some opinions. I have never seen nor do I have any experience with this type. It is 100gal. electric motor coupled to roller pump. elect. hose reel. I have worked with gas engine sprayers but never an electirc one. Is this something that would work for small yards? Anyone have any experience with one like this? The price seems right so I want to know before i purchase. Thanks.

greendoctor
12-25-2008, 07:43 PM
This is similar to what I have seen PCOs use. I have issues with electric rigs. There is no agitation, available pressure and volume is not the same as a gas engine and pump. Even on a small yard, I still use gas engine sprayers.

RigglePLC
12-26-2008, 10:44 AM
Dakota, I agree with Greendoc; suitable for small jobs, one-tenth as much power, about the same power as a back pack, but hose and more gallons available. A PCO set up for spraying for household insects and perimeter jobs. Could spray weeds, but you would have to go with low pressure and volume. Remember that friction loss in the hose means you lose about 25 percent of you pressure and volume for each hundred feet of hose. It all depends on the length and diameter of the hose and how fast the fluid is flowing. The gallons per minute at the nozzle should be less that the rated gallons per min of the pump. Probably cannot use a Chemlawn gun--you would need to use nozzles from a back pack or teejet nozzles.