PDA

View Full Version : New truck - undecided which way to go?

meets1
12-25-2008, 08:55 PM
Currently running all GMC 3/4 trucks. 97 ext cab with dump bed, 02,03,04 reg cab, new style 07 reg. cab and an 08 4 door LT d-max.

All trucks are 3/4 tons.

Looking at new 09 GMC. Plain jain work truck with plow prep pkg, and only power is power mirrors. I can get if for $27K. This same dealership carries ford and dodge. There offering a mega cab, diesel, 3/4 for $30K. I have not checked reg. cab dodge. Any thoughts??

I think stick with GM cuz that is what were running now and everything is the same - maintenance is easy as well. I really don't need a 4 door truck for a 2-3 man crew. I also don't need a diesel engine. I am pushing snow, hauling wood, landscaping, pulling a 5th wheel trailer, etc. Long box truck, 3/4 ton, and decent tires!

Anyone else have offers out there for a new truck?

Jerry Lee
12-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Currently running all GMC 3/4 trucks. 97 ext cab with dump bed, 02,03,04 reg cab, new style 07 reg. cab and an 08 4 door LT d-max.

All trucks are 3/4 tons.

Looking at new 09 GMC. Plain jain work truck with plow prep pkg, and only power is power mirrors. I can get if for $27K. This same dealership carries ford and dodge. There offering a mega cab, diesel, 3/4 for $30K. I have not checked reg. cab dodge. Any thoughts??

I think stick with GM cuz that is what were running now and everything is the same - maintenance is easy as well. I really don't need a 4 door truck for a 2-3 man crew. I also don't need a diesel engine. I am pushing snow, hauling wood, landscaping, pulling a 5th wheel trailer, etc. Long box truck, 3/4 ton, and decent tires!

why not look at the 08's that are still on the lot if there are any? im shure you can get alot better deal

meets1
12-26-2008, 09:55 AM
Tried. Called all over and no one in my area or within a 3-4 hour drive have an 08. That was my first plan.

kps2389
12-27-2008, 04:36 PM
If your pulling a 5th wheel I would go with a 1 ton truck.

DLAWNS
12-27-2008, 06:23 PM
I would stick with the GM's. I love having all of the same trucks. Plus I'm a Chevy/GMC guy so I'm a little biased.

CALandscapes
12-27-2008, 06:24 PM
If your pulling a 5th wheel I would go with a 1 ton truck.

3/4 is fine. A bagged 3/4 ton will hold the same tongue weight of any 1-ton on the market..

We hauled debris post-Katrina (in 20k gvwr dump trailers) with 3/4 ton Dodge diesels...

Petr51488
12-27-2008, 06:44 PM

All trucks are 3/4 tons.

Is the reg cab for 27k out the door? or just tax. I got a work truck package on mine, but has the power windows, doors, mirrors. It does have the rubber floors and the floor shifter for the 4x4. I paid 23 for the truck plus tax and other junk. The diesel/gas has its pros and cons. I have both and each have their possitives. I love the trans on the diesel and the power of the diesel, but being that gas is 1.00 a gallon cheaper, they cost me exactly the same to run. Diesel being roughly 15 and the gas being 8. the kicker is that since gas is cheaper, it makes up for the shitty mileage. The diesel is nice because its nice to know your truck isn't working hard at what its doing. The gas would be downshifting, higher rpms etc. I also don't like the way the trans (or it could be the 410 gears) shifts compared to the allison.

meets1
12-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Sticking with GM. 09 reg. cab, white, work truck. Although it has the better looking wheels, power windows, locks and doors, rubber floor, 4x4 shifter on the floor. $27K without tax.

DLAWNS
12-28-2008, 01:34 AM
Sticking with GM. 09 reg. cab, white, work truck. Although it has the better looking wheels, power windows, locks and doors, rubber floor, 4x4 shifter on the floor. $27K without tax.

Sounds like a great truck, be sure to post some pics when you get it.

Petr51488
12-28-2008, 02:05 AM

Yep, sounds about the same as mine but in a different color. I got mine when they had employee pricing, so i feel like i stole it.

highclimber604
12-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Chevy Duramax all day long. get whatever style truck you want as long as it has that motor in it! you will not be dissapointed. plenty of pulling power! and They fly on the high way or anywhere you take them!!!!!