PDA

View Full Version : The Mystique Effect

Mike M
12-26-2008, 08:43 AM
You know that experience when you become interested in something, but then you find out it's not easy to get?

I am leaving soon for a short-term assignment, and I was thinking about hyping it instead of hiding it.

"I will be back on __________, keep this card and call now to reserve a consultation and demo for spring 09."

Either that, or to keep expenses down, just ask my customers to tell their friends, etc. I have to contact them to give them a name & number for service calls, anyways. (I will be offering total reimbursements for service work while I am gone).

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Mike, why not just forward your current phone number to your mobile phone or new land line. Then when those service calls or new prospects call you, they won't have a clue where you are or what you are doing... You can then schedule them at your convenience.

K.I.S.S.

Mike M
12-26-2008, 09:39 AM
James, can't I have my biz landline number transfered to a different location? I wonder what the cost is. It would also give me a local number for calls home, right?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-26-2008, 01:32 PM
I don't know, depends on the services available in your area, with your carrier etc. I know it is pretty easy to simply forward the calls to another number, nobody is the wiser. It is seamless. I do it all the time when on vacation etc.

Regards

Mike M
12-26-2008, 04:08 PM
Good idea, James. At the very least, I'll just have my business calls forwarded.

David Gretzmier
12-27-2008, 01:25 PM
If you have a land line as your business number, call your local telephone service and ask for call forwarding. It can be had for a price per month fee, or it can come in a package with voice mail, etc.

Unfortunately my business number is on cricket cell, and will not forward to any number except another cricket cell number.

Mike M
12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I have a landline, so I'll call the phone company and set it up.

Now, if I can just find someone to do some lawns for two weeks.

Dave, what the heck is a cricket cell?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-27-2008, 09:56 PM
Cricket Cell = a seemingly quaint insect population that grows more bothersome as time passes and its numbers increase in any given geographic area (cell).

:)

David Gretzmier
12-28-2008, 12:32 AM
funny james.

cricket is a cell phone company that gives you unlimited local and long distance minutes. very limited roaming and internet.

Integra is also a cheesy 4 cylinder Acura sporty car, but hey, who needs to bring that up ?

Mike M
12-28-2008, 08:41 AM
I hate my cell. Someone replied to a poll recently about "what one invention has changed the world the most in the last 100 years" and this person said the cell phone.

How, has the cell changed the world? I think it is just a tool for disorganized people who over-compensate for laziness and don't write down what their spouse wants at the store, they don't remember directions, they are late all the time, they drive on empty and with bad tires, and they just want to let everyone know where they are and what they are doing, or worse yet, their spouse wants to know where they are and what they are doing. It's a cliche, but the cell is more of a vice than a device. It keeps people from learning how to be grown-ups.

I hate when people call while I'm busy. Let me just check my landline messages when I have a set time to do so. I promise to get back with people at the earliest opportunity, and I do.

I met a guy who let go of an entire community of retired people from his landscaping accounts, because they drove him nuts calling his cell all day. Throw it in storm drain, man. Not one of my landscaping accounts has my cell number. I can't hear it or feel that stupid vibration when I'm cutting grass, anyways.

I never see important people using a cell phone. Does a doctor walk around his office with a cell phone talking to his wife?

3M changed the world more with post-it notes.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-28-2008, 04:15 PM
Integra is also a cheesy 4 cylinder Acura sporty car, but hey, who needs to bring that up ?

Cheesy? C'mon now... as I recall, the Acura Integra was a pretty cool car. They certainly sold a whack of them, and it really raised the bar for what people what type of performance, fit and finish was expected out of a small car. Im sure the "Big 2 1/2" would love to be able to produce such a winner!

:)