PDA

View Full Version : Anybody import from China?

Tim Wilson
12-26-2008, 11:23 AM
I decided to start a thread on this.

I am trying to import microscope bodies from China. The Chinese company and bank insists on using Telegraph Transfer (T/T) to send funds. These are complicated and expensive and easy to get wrong and thus rejected.

Does anyone import from China? If so have you paid with bank drafts or other methods of payment?

larryinalabama
12-26-2008, 12:23 PM
I decided to start a thread on this.

I am trying to import microscope bodies from China. The Chinese company and bank insists on using Telegraph Transfer (T/T) to send funds. These are complicated and expensive and easy to get wrong and thus rejected.

Does anyone import from China? If so have you paid with bank drafts or other methods of payment?

I have a Yuchai 3000lb mini excavator, the only way to get parts is from the factory in China. I have done it 2 times. I had to wire the money from my account to theirs. The first time was a real hassle as the money got lost in cyber space, the company now uses a bank in Honk Kong and wiring money to that bank was no problem. It cost me 40$, and some middle man took out another 20$.
If the parts are small you can ship them to your home CUSTOMS CLEARED using UPS or DHL. If its a large order that has to ship by boat you will most likely nees a customs broker.

If you wire the money be sure you have a SWIFT number, do not do any transfers with out that number or you will loose your money.

treegal1
12-27-2008, 04:37 PM
only small parts, nothing with any real value, 3500 $ for an oil press was the biggest, paid about 300$ for the (WU) western union service, with the (SWIFT#) if you dont get a swift your cash is more or less gone, and also try and use there bank in hongkong it will be easy-er. my next order may just go through the ABC bank in china nice rates but a bit un secure..........

phasthound
12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
My wife's father was imported from China, but that's a whole other category. :)

Groomer
12-27-2008, 10:02 PM
I thought everyone imported from China, for everything. You can't get parts for junk produced from there? Jeez, that does creat a problem. that must be a hell of an excavator. Have the parts fabricated here, one off small shops may takie on sompin like that.

larryinalabama
12-29-2008, 07:20 AM
that must be a hell of an excavator.

Actually it is, it will out dig anything that I have run in its weight class, the breakout power is amizing. Yuchai excavators are used all over Asia and Eroupe, and are getting some ground in Canada. The quality of the machine is TOP NOTCH.

punt66
12-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Yea, my main machines were Hitachi and Daewoo. Loved them. They never broke!