PDA

View Full Version : Commercial project - Bermuda Sprigs

mcclureandson
12-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Anyone have labor/materials rates for Bermuda sprigging? I do hundreds of pallets of sod each year and sub out quite a bit of hydroseeding but have never, ever seen a job spec call for a certain square footage of sprigs. This is a commercial new construction we're bidding on out of state.

I'd appreciate anyone with experience helping out - I'm assuming it's something I could sub (if it has to be machine-planted).

Thanks.

EagleLandscape
12-26-2008, 06:08 PM
i dont think you'll find anyone on here that will know anything about that.

best thing might be to calla university and ask a professor within that field. not many large construction guys that deal with warm season grasses on this site.

P.Services
12-26-2008, 06:25 PM
go over to superintendantsite.com they will know

Turf Logic
12-26-2008, 09:00 PM
Im in ocean isle beach nc, anything I can help you with, we have a sod farm and naturally have sprigged a few bermuda sprigs before.

mcclureandson
12-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks for the quick replies. I don't know why the LA spec'd a portion of this project for sprigs - there's thousands upon thousands of square feet of sod and hydroseed already...why sprig at all?

Superscapes - the project is in NC. Interested in subbing for this (and any other sprig jobs) project?

Project is still in bid stage - meaning it won't be underway (sprig portion) until spring.

Turf Logic
12-27-2008, 12:38 PM
Yes sir if the job is big enough and depending on location

mcclureandson
12-27-2008, 01:57 PM
Superscapes - it's in the Morganton area. 4.9 acres of sports fields sprigged at 600 bushels per acre with T-10 Bermuda

I'll irrigate, prepare soil and apply fert/weed control for the establishment period.

P.M with a per acre price at that rate if you're interested.

Thanks.

Turf Logic
12-28-2008, 09:06 PM
I should be able to get backwith you on that shortly