PDA

View Full Version : Used commercial truck financing

TPS
12-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Anyone have any good sources or suggestions for financing a used commercial truck? Not sure if theres banks that specialize in commercial or not. So just looking for suggestions before shoppping my local banks. Thanks in advance.

JB1
12-27-2008, 11:04 AM
I would try your local bank.

AI Inc
12-27-2008, 11:29 AM
I bought a used ford from a dealer a few weeks ago. They set me up with a local credit union as it was a lower rate then ford credit wanted.

Az Gardener
12-27-2008, 12:05 PM
I would suggest a credit union too. They usually have commercial loan divisions but thy don't advertise much and to be honest I have found the people to be inexperienced on the vehicle side of things. It certainly is not a easy as walking into a dealership where they handle everything in a couple of hours but well worth the time invested.

That is how I have purchased my last 2 vehicles and I have saved a bundle. Low rates and no sales tax here in AZ when buying from a private party. They let you purchase up to 5-yr old vehicles and they loan up to 80% of blue book. I got pre qualified for an amount then went shopping. My last rig was a 04 Fuso cab over dump truck with about 30-K miles for 20-K out the door, it was a diesel too. Check credit unions.

TPS
12-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Thanks for all the tips. I'll look into a credit union and see what they have to offer. Thanks again.