PDA

View Full Version : Would like to introduce myself

rflawnman
12-27-2008, 04:32 PM
hello, I would like to tell my story, I do lawn work as well as tree work, I started tree work 20 years ago as a utility line clearance trimmer and held that job until 1/7/07 when we were all laid off. after that I decided no more working for someone else so I bought a used mower from a friend that is in the business, a small trailer from Lowe's, got my insurance and such and started advertising on craiglist for lawn & tree care, I now have 15 regular clients and get tree work to do every now and then.

My equipment consist of 1977 Chevy truck, 6 1/2 x 12 trailer, 1985 1 ton dump truck, wood chuck 12" capacity brush chipper, bobcat 48 gear drive walk behind, bobcat 36 walk behind, craftsman 21" self propelled rear bagger, echo hc-150 hedge trimmers, echo srm 230 trimmer, ryobi edger, echo 413 back pack blower, john deere back pack, little wonder push blower, leaf vac/truck loader, craftsman push leaf/lawn vac/chipper, craftsman 38" cut rider fitted with a leaf vac system, stihl ht75 pole saw and several chainsaws and ropes and gear for doing tree work and other small hand tools.

I've been at this for 2 years now and this year was better then last, I only advertise on craigslist and haven't even thought of doing commercial yet but it's coming.

well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

lifetree
12-27-2008, 09:37 PM
Are you really able to make a go of it with only 15 regular ccounts ??

AmsoilPower
12-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Welcome to the site!!!

DLAWNS
12-28-2008, 12:12 AM
Good luck with everything and welcome!

grassmowers08
12-28-2008, 12:20 PM
What is your average price for a lawn? What are the services you provide for a regular customer? How big is your average lawn? Best wishes.

Travis Hammack
Co-owner/Operator
GT Lawn Services

rflawnman
12-28-2008, 12:38 PM
thanks for the welcomes

What is your average price for a lawn? What are the services you provide for a regular customer? How big is your average lawn? Best wishes.

Travis Hammack
Co-owner/Operator
GT Lawn Services

the average if you add them all up and divide by 15 is $42.33 a yard just for mowing, that doesn't include shrub trimming and other stuff like plugging and seeding and such, I just add that in when I when I do it. most of my yards are just your average city yard, I do have one large one that takes me about 45 minutes solo to cut, trim and cleanup with blower.

Are you really able to make a go of it with only 15 regular ccounts ??yes, I have the 15 regs plus I do tree work also I also get people who just want as needed and the fact that i have very low overhead helps also, I'm not getting rich but the bill collectors aren't kicking my door in either and I eat very well.