PDA

View Full Version : What brand/type of Spark Plugs do you use?

TimTim2008
12-29-2008, 01:15 AM
http://www.theodoregray.com/PeriodicTableDisplay/Samples/078.4/s7.JPG

What brand/type of Spark Plugs do you use?

I mostly use Platinum plugs in my truck.
and the regular 99cent ones in my equipment..

Just wondering if the 2x and 4x Plat are really worth the extra money?

And, does anyone use Plat or higher plugs in there lawn equipment?

TXNSLighting
12-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Real trucks dont have spark plugs!

davis45
12-29-2008, 01:56 AM
glow plugs

Gravel Rat
12-29-2008, 03:45 AM
You have to really watch on what type of spark plugs you use. Back in the days when I had old 460 Ford gas engine injected,carbureted and one on propane all I used was NGK V-Power.

Never use Crapion spark plugs I pulled my hair out fighting rotten Champion spark plugs. One of my trucks would run like a bag of chit couldn't figure out why got rid of the Champions and went back to NGK.

I was helping at the mechanic at the shop I use working on a boat we were trying to get the engine to run it was missing real bad. Brandnew spark plugs rotten Champions changed them out with Bosch problem went away.

Swampy
12-29-2008, 05:10 AM
Run Bosch Performance in everything and never, never looked back. Champion = Crapion :rolleyes: I noticed this the most running champion plugs in my Stihl Farm Boss. It felt like every 3 days I was either replacing or cleaning the plug.

Gravel Rat
12-29-2008, 04:07 PM
I tried years ago what Champion called their " Truck Plug " they were no better either.

For my Stihl saws I use nothing but Bosch it is the only gas engines I currently own.

IA_James
12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Delcos or NGKs, depending on if the mower shop is open if I need one right now.

qualitylawnpro
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Ngk in all 2 cycle.

Elite Lawn Care
01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I run the Bosch +2 in my Chevy with the 5.3L

I get 19mpg with them over the 17mpg with regular Bosch Plats. and 14mpg pulling a trailer with and 12.5mpg on regular plats. The trailer weight is about 2500lbs loaded.

I live and work at about 7600 ft, passing over a 9800+ft MTN pass usually when pulling the trailer.

I just tried changing the plugs back temporarily to the regular plats to see if it really was a difference and it was. This is using only premium grade gas without ethanol.

I also run full synthetics, premium gas and NGK in all my mowers and Linetrimmers. I ran some cheap plugs in my 17hp Kawi once and they fouled in ten minutes.

CrystalCreek
01-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Man, all I have ever used it champion. I will have to switch and see if there is a difference. I know my dealer sells NKG, but there very expensive compared to champions. I am really bad at keeping up with plugs. Thats why the truck has big injectors and glow plugs.

TimTim2008
04-15-2013, 07:04 PM
time to change em again

tinkerlawn
04-16-2013, 08:15 PM
NGK in all of the mowers and handheld units. All get changed at the end of the year and have never had any problems with em. Can get em for a reasonable price at oreillys cause they are hella expensive from the dealer.
Has anyone run the Bosch +2/+4 in the trucks and seen a noticeable increase in mpg using Regular fuel?

LandFakers
04-16-2013, 08:19 PM
NGK's, all ive ever used, all I ever will

larryinalabama
04-16-2013, 08:24 PM
Ac delco in my trucks

Bosh in my sthil handhelds

NGK in my shindawa blower

Champion in my briggs motors

Nippondenso in my toyota tercel

Tractor doesnt use plugs or glow plugs

GrassGuerilla
04-16-2013, 08:37 PM
I put in exactly what came out. Motorcraft in fords, Delco in the GMC. Had some issue years ago with NGK plugs in a Ford. Really thought it had to be something else. Upon changing back to Motorcraft, no more issue.
Posted via Mobile Device

Blade Runners
04-16-2013, 08:40 PM
I was running Champions in my El Bruto 127" V Twin then changed to NGK Iridiums and it made a huge difference in how the engine ran. Much smoother, better throttle response, and better power. It actually felt like a different bike. If you never rode an evolution style 127" motor, it will vibrate the crap out of you. Changing to the Iridiums made it almost as smooth as a Twin Cam 88" Harley.

I was never one to believe all the hype about split plugs, platinum, and all that stuff, but these plugs changed my view.