PDA

View Full Version : Olca

mrkosar
12-29-2008, 06:22 PM
anyone on here part of this organization? is it worth it? i'm interested in joining for the worker's compensation discounts. can you please pm or just reply on the pros and cons? thanks

rcreech
12-29-2008, 07:29 PM
anyone on here part of this organization? is it worth it? i'm interested in joining for the worker's compensation discounts. can you please pm or just reply on the pros and cons? thanks

I have been an OLCA member for 4 years and it really doesn't have any cons at all. I am really a member to support our industry. OLCA helps LOBBY against the idiots out there trying to get rid of lawncare (ie pesticides and fert). Lobby groups are very important these days!

There are also advantages such as you listed on workmans comp and many other things.

I just called about the workmans comp about two weeks ago and you get like an 80% discount.

If you go on their website you can get all kinds of info.

Also...you can PM Grass Guy on here as he is on the OLCA Board.

LushGreenLawn
12-29-2008, 07:38 PM
I searched google but could not find much. Do they have a website that I can check out?

Real Green, is this something that your involved with?

rcreech
12-29-2008, 07:52 PM
I searched google but could not find much. Do they have a website that I can check out?

Real Green, is this something that your involved with?

OLCA = Ohio Lawn Care Association

Lush,

I am not sure if you have to be from OH or not to join! You may have something like this already in your state. Dunno!

http://www.ohiolawncare.org/

grassguy_
12-30-2008, 01:34 AM
If you'd like more info on OLCA and the benefits, just PM me. Thanks Rodney!