PDA

View Full Version : Back Order

daveyo
12-30-2008, 01:37 PM
Hello again,

My dealer (Country rental Egg harbor township NJ 08234) said they ordered my paint for the standers but they are on back order. He couldn't give me a time line on the order either. Can you give me a time line and are you out? It's important to me because my two machines are all ready to be painted and I don't want to redo everything again. Also, should I just paint over the bare metal or should I prime first.

Thanks a lot and happy new year Wright manufacturing.

David O'Donnell
O'Donnell's Landscape management, Inc.

daveyo
12-30-2008, 08:02 PM
thank you received your e-mail

heybruck34
12-31-2008, 10:00 AM
definitely prime before you paint. IF you really want to do it right- take the parts to a powder coat shop and get them to match the color as best they can. Powdercoat is more durable and will last much longer than paint. Wright powder coats all their parts at the factory- don't think anytihng is painted there.

daveyo
12-31-2008, 09:44 PM
I can't take parts anywhere because its mainly the whole frame and deck. So would any prime work or is there a specific type? I appreciate the feedback, I really wish I could get it powder coated though.

heybruck34
01-05-2009, 09:34 AM
give a friend/neighbor a 6 pack and get them to help you load it in the truck and drop it off at the powder coat place. If you have it stripped down and ready for repaint, it shouldn't be THAT heavy with no engine, wheels, etc.

I don't know the answer to your primer question. I would post in the Mechanic forum and see what response you get. If you know anyone in the body shop or paint sales/distrubition business, ask them- they should know.