PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone, good luck 2009!

Mike M
12-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Here's wishing everyone the best for the coming year. I don't say it enough, so thanks to all the seasoned lighting pro's who contribute here and help the younger businesses like mine.

Mike M

Mark B
12-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Hope everyone has a fun new year. I know I will have a hoot, tomorrow night. It is time to forget about work or should I say the lack of it LOL.

12 pack of #9 check
buttery nipples check
Hotel room for the hotel party check
Bottle of zig zag for recovery check
Ipod loaded check
GF ready to go check

Ya'll have a wild and safe NYE.

Mike M
12-30-2008, 07:23 PM
What are all those things you are talking about?

I was having a couple beers last night after everyone went to bed and played guitar hero. After a couple samuel adams, I went outside (midnight) and rode on my daughters riptsick until I hurt my back just standing on it.

That was the closest I came to a party in two years.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-30-2008, 08:38 PM
I rode on my daughters riptsick.

Mike, you are starting to freak me out... What the heck is a "ripstick" :confused:, or maybe it is just best you didn't tell me! :laugh:

Mike M
12-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Mike, you are starting to freak me out... What the heck is a "ripstick" :confused:, or maybe it is just best you didn't tell me! :laugh:

James, it's best you don't know, but if your kids can find some paved road somewhere and ask for one, just buy it and never let them give it to you to try.

They are called caster boards. Two wheels, that move like shopping cart wheels, split if half by a rotatable rod. So imagine, bored Mike, and a skateboard with two independently swinging wheels with two independent decks, connected by a rotating rod, all this, on the pavement, a few feet directly below my crotch. It's like going from Newton's predictable world of physics to some punk's random quantum physics X chaos theory. And it acts that way, like it really doesn't want to be sandwiched between your feet and the hard pavement.

After a few curious encounters and one fall on my arse, I managed to cruise down the road about 20 feet. When you wobble them just right, they are self-propelled. Steering them, is really weird and I don't think I know how I managed. The whole thing was probably luck that I didn't get seriously hurt.

jeffmoore
12-30-2008, 08:56 PM

It's kind of like a weird shaped skate board on two wheels. I've busted my azz several times on my sons so don't feel bad there Mike M.

irrig8r
12-30-2008, 09:23 PM
I got some semi-pro quality LP brand bongos for Christmas (yeah I asked for them) so I'm thinking about getting a beret, writing some poetry, donning my shades and reviving the beatnik scene...

http://www.retrogalaxy.com/imgs/bongos-bobble-lg.jpg

Mark B
12-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Mike is that one of those funky skate boards that swivel in the middle.

A #9 is a beer made by magic hat. A buttery Nipple is a shot "Baileys & butterscotch". Zig Zag is a bloody mary mix that is yummy. GF is my girl friend. And check is "check" like they are ready to go. It is going to be a wild and fun night. Yippie.

BTW sam adams winter lager is good as well.

Mike M
12-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Gregg,

There is absolutely no surprise in the description of your Christmas gift, accept the fact that you didn't already have those things.

Thumbs Up

That was the closest emoticon I could get to fuzzy feet or a peace sign.

Mike M
12-30-2008, 09:56 PM
Mike is that one of those funky skate boards that swivel in the middle.

BTW sam adams winter lager is good as well.

Oh yeah, and most any micro Octoberfest or winter beer. My wifey only drinks corona, so I really get hungry for the Sam Adams. I am going to a dry town for a while. The possession of alcohol is illegal. This will be offset by some very generous hunting regulations.

Taking Sleepy's advice: a salaried job and some hunting.

btw: The rip in ripstick refers to the groin.

irrig8r
12-30-2008, 09:59 PM
A dry town? There really are such places? I thought they were the stuff of legends and nightmares.

Mike M
12-31-2008, 07:39 AM
Yeah, a bit extreme. I wish they would outlaw butter and eggs. I could return with good cholesterol.

Mark B
12-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Yep there are a few of those around here in NC.