PDA

View Full Version : Z spray Jr.. t3000 adopters.

Rayholio
12-30-2008, 10:52 PM
Hey Hey! I'm about to finally break down and buy a ride on.. I know a lot of folks are movin to the T3000.... So I thought I'd see if anyone had a Z jr for sale.. Anyone?

Real Green
12-30-2008, 10:55 PM
Sweet! Let us know what ya get and how ya like it Ray. Hope all is well for you and you are having a great holiday season.

DUSTYCEDAR
12-30-2008, 10:57 PM
used
u know you want new

Rayholio
12-31-2008, 12:09 AM
Used.. New... No difference to me as long as the price is right.

Rayholio
12-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Sweet! Let us know what ya get and how ya like it Ray. Hope all is well for you and you are having a great holiday season.

Will do.. And yeah.. Love the time off, and the food! :) Hope yours is going great too! :)

ted putnam
12-31-2008, 12:25 AM
I haven't heard any of the Z owners say anything about getting rid of theirs for the T-3000. I have heard a few opt for them over the PG. Even Larry has got a couple of PG's for sale but hasn't said anything about ditching any z-spray he has. I myself have been collecting info everywhere I can to help me make my decision. I'm really struggling with the decision without being able to demo...If all goes as expected, I'll be ordering early this Spring. Need a tired old Ultra? :laugh:

Rayholio
12-31-2008, 02:02 AM
Well.. I AM buying something in the next month or so.. and you're only about an hour or so south of me... so WHO WANTS TO COME DO A COUPLE DEMOS?? :)

nighthawk117
12-31-2008, 09:02 AM
Ray, I contacted Z-spray and got a great deal on a left over 08 intermediate.
I would call them and find out, They have been the best to deal with, PERIOD. I sent for info on the "other" machines and never recieved anything.
pm me if you need any info. Eric

DUSTYCEDAR
12-31-2008, 09:06 AM
z-spray has always been top notch for service if i ever needed something for my z-plug i had it fast.

daveyo
12-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Ray, I contacted Z-spray and got a great deal on a left over 08 intermediate.
I would call them and find out, They have been the best to deal with, PERIOD. I sent for info on the "other" machines and never recieved anything.
pm me if you need any info. Eric

I talked to a Willie a rep from Pennsylvania and a guy named Ray from the office he said there running $250.00 off now. I'm demoing the junior very soon, so far they have been very professional and having a rep close to my area is assuring. I'm going to demo first before making a decision.

nighthawk117
12-31-2008, 10:04 PM
I talked to a Willie a rep from Pennsylvania and a guy named Ray from the office he said there running $250.00 off now. I'm demoing the junior very soon, so far they have been very professional and having a rep close to my area is assuring. I'm going to demo first before making a decision.

Well, hurry up and demo one, Willie is bringing mine out before the New England Grows show. I am sure he would bring you one :)

daveyo
01-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Well, hurry up and demo one, Willie is bringing mine out before the New England Grows show. I am sure he would bring you one :)

The demo is set up for the second week of January, he 's going to bring all of the units but I'm mostly interested in the junior, looking forward to it!

americanlawn
01-02-2009, 06:46 PM
Just to be straight forward, the only Z spreader/sprayer we have left for sale is a LESCO Z-Two sprayer/spreader. We're also down to just one Permagreen (Ultra), and it's for sale too. (carrier rack available also)

After using a T3000 for the 2008 season, we were so convinced, that we bought another T3000 from TURFCO. Not because others were bad....it was just cuz we thoroughly spent several hours on ALL units, and we figured out what was best for us. I won't go into the pro's & con's on this thread, yet I have a list of about 8 reasons how we made our decision.

I suggest to all to test drive units for several hours, on different terrain & conditions, then weigh the benefits as to how each unit fits into your operation. IMO we were impressed by L.T. Rich, Permagreen, and TURFCO.. We actually toured all 3 of the above facilities and met their staffs. We attempted to tour one other manufacturer, but they were unavailable. (A fifth manufacturer was too far away).

Look for results in TURF magazine's February issue.

Rayholio
01-02-2009, 09:59 PM
I'll demo any machine that is available to me.. and if the T3000 does not have the market saturation to offer me a demo within a resonable driving distance, and a resonable time frame.. (sorry bob.. I can't wait 3 months) Then they're automatically out of the running.. sorry.

turfcobob
01-02-2009, 10:06 PM
I'll demo any machine that is available to me.. and if the T3000 does not have the market saturation to offer me a demo within a resonable driving distance, and a resonable time frame.. (sorry bob.. I can't wait 3 months) Then they're automatically out of the running.. sorry.

3 months is the outside, but you be the judge. Turfco also has the buy it try it, like it or return it program. Turfcobob

turfcobob
01-02-2009, 10:07 PM

By the way I got a beautiful hand carved model of a UH-1 for Christmas from my daughter in the Air Force. About 18 inches long and beautiful

Rayholio
01-03-2009, 12:29 AM
It's really nothing personal, bob... but I'm looking for something within about a month....

And, yeah.. the ole egg beaters are pretty cool :)

turfcobob
01-03-2009, 10:18 AM
It's really nothing personal, bob... but I'm looking for something within about a month....

And, yeah.. the ole egg beaters are pretty cool :)

I be busy every week in Jan. My unit is on loan to a guy in Grand Island, Nebraska and the closest ones to you are in Tulsa and KCity. Sorry I cannot get one down for you to play with.

Rayholio
01-03-2009, 12:23 PM
I might be willing to take a trip to tulsa.. that's two hours.. I'll IM ya :)

Rayholio
02-20-2009, 04:24 PM
I am joining the Z-Spray family.. Whoot!

I'll be taking delivery of a Z-Jr-36 early next week, and can't wait to put it to work!

Thanks for everyones help.. I have had PMs about all different machines, and even a couple phone calls... And that was just for advice on which ride on to get from users.. ppl who had demo'd etc... Then there were the sales people from LT Rich and TurfCo.. Nice folks, who tried to answer every question.. and actually did so quickly.

I went with the Z because I like the people I've been dealing with, I Appriciate the ZTR and hydrostat system used on the machine, and I don't buy the steering wheel concept behind the T3000.

Price wasn't a big concern, as all three machines allready seem over priced like all commerical grade products in this business, and the difference between them amounts to nothing over the life of the machine..

I was never able to demo ANY of the units.. Bob wanted me to drive 2 hours to join other dealers watch a new customer get trained. Lt Rich wanted me to drive 1 hour to drive someone elses Z (presumably in a parking lot) and I can't even talk to lesco without getting all pissed off.. LOL

If someone would have brought a unit out to me.. T3000, PG... and let me demo it on some of MY lawns, without dividing their attention among others, the decision could have been very different. I'm not happy with ANY of the machines on paper, and based on specs... so only experience will persuade me..

That said, I'm pretty excited to get a Z, and I hope that all of my doubts disappear in a cloud of money. :)

Rayholio
02-20-2009, 05:20 PM
Whoops.. I'm geting the Standard JR.. not the Jr-36.

turf&tree
02-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I like the hose reel setup, but it seems like there are alot of expensive parts to replace.
I talked with a guy at a seminar recently who has one, he said you have to watch your particle size because of the speed. Some product he puts down comes out like dust. He didn't find that out until after he started using it.

daveyo
02-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Whoops.. I'm geting the Standard JR.. not the Jr-36.

I just had my Junior delivered Friday, very much looking forward to the production I'm going to gain. I added 50' of hose and I also didn't need the castor locks added, very flat here. I laid out all my excell spreadsheets (thanks for the idea Ric) for all my fert and spray products, I even laid out a worksheet that will gives me product amount/gallon very useful. Best of luck to you.

ZSpray Info
02-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Rayholio, here you go. These pics are fresh off the camera.

Rayholio
02-23-2009, 04:28 PM
If only those were pics of it being UNLOADED here.. :)

I know.. I'm impossible to please. ;)

Turfdoctor1
03-13-2009, 08:29 AM
Hey Ray,

bringing this back up, for a couple of reasons: A) did you get your Jr.? B) What was the determining factor that made you buy the Jr. over the Intermediate? C) Did they have it to you on time?

I have a Jr. ordered, but Ray (from LT Rich) said that it would not be done until April 10th and delivered by about April 16th. Can I expect it to be on time?

I am also concerned that I should have went with the intermediate. Fitting through gates was important to me, but the hopper size of the intermediate is also a big factor. What are you noticing?

a plus bob
03-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Talk to Ray I'm pretty sure you can put the bigger hopper on the Jr.

ted putnam
03-13-2009, 09:26 AM
Hey Ray,

bringing this back up, for a couple of reasons: A) did you get your Jr.? B) What was the determining factor that made you buy the Jr. over the Intermediate? C) Did they have it to you on time?

I have a Jr. ordered, but Ray (from LT Rich) said that it would not be done until April 10th and delivered by about April 16th. Can I expect it to be on time?

I am also concerned that I should have went with the intermediate. Fitting through gates was important to me, but the hopper size of the intermediate is also a big factor. What are you noticing?

Congrats Turfdoc. My standard Jr. should be done today and shipped Monday. I'm going to the bank to wire the money today. I don't think you'll have any regrets. I think the orders are beginning to pile up on them(it's that time of year). I've been dealing with Ray. He's great and a straight shooter. I'm pretty sure he won't make any promises he can't deliver on. Sounds like your business has grown leaps and bounds:clapping: You'll wonder how you were able to do it without a ride on. Happy for ya dude!

Rayholio
03-13-2009, 10:47 AM
Got it.. Love it. I chose the Jr because I thought it would be small, and easy to load / unload / carry... but It's a big machine. About the same size as my deisel grasshopper in many respects.. Don't let the name fool you.. it is over 6 feet long, over 4 feet tall, and looks like a brick.. filling almost all of that volume.

I think people tend to buy the intermediate and the max because the max SPRAYS wider and more, they BOTH Spread MORE, and honestly... its NOT much bigger than the JR... the only difference is that the JR will fit thru a 42 inch gate.. the intermediate will fit thru a 4 ft gate.. and the max.. well.. forget gates.. you'll need a crane to get into the back yard.. not that it matters with a 100 foot hose. :) You may not have enough 42 inch gates to justify the smaller machine.. food for thought..

You'll be happy with it. It seems to be built well.. I wouldn't own a machine that wasn't hydro.. The machine itself will likely outlast the engine..

In all fairness... Mine was a demo model... Pre-built.

However.. people (or companies) which 'drag their feet' do so hibitually... and I've not got that impression from LT rich.. I told them I wanted the Z on day one... and on day two it was crated.. on 3 my funding was secured.. and on day 4 they both recieved my check, AND sent the Z off to me..

Note that they had the thing ready to go for me even before funding was 100%.. Since then I've had a couple springs break, and needed some filter screens.. These were sent to me without 1 minute hesitation.. mailed the same day I called, and often next day air..

In my opinion, LT rich NEVER puts off for later what they can do now.

I don't know how long it takes to build one, nor do I know if the manufacturing process is efficient.. but I'm betting that they'll be able to deliver within a day or two of their target... I wouldn't be suprized if they were early either...

Hey Ray,

Rayholio
03-13-2009, 10:49 AM
On the hopper.. We've had no problems.. 2 bags in the hopper, and 2 bags in the saddle bins is over an acre of coverage.. you could prolly throw another couple bags somewhere on top if needed.. but with my lawns, this is more than enough for MOST of them..

brizine
03-13-2009, 04:25 PM
LT Rich worked the weekend to get my zspraymax out on time. It is everything they said it would be. You can't go wrong with this company.

Brian

ted putnam
03-13-2009, 04:49 PM
One other thing Turfdoc. If you look at the "My Ride on needs 50 ft hose reel" thread page 5. Ray at LT rich told me on the phone today that the one pictured with the hand crank spreader in the tray is a Standard Jr. with an Intermediate Hopper, 4 bag capacity hopper.

Turfdoctor1
03-14-2009, 12:10 AM
thanks for the info guys, and the positive encouragement.

i'm going to stick with the Jr. Fitting through smallish gates is the determining factor for me.

I'm getting a little nervous about the purchase now, as a pretty substantial portion of my customers are nearing 30 days on their first round with no payment.

I will say that Ray with LT Rich has been great. very helpful.

Rayholio, you might be the closest new Z-spray to me. Would you mind me swinging up there sometime in the next couple of weeks?

josh

Rayholio
03-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Feel Free to drop by M'Man... Look up my Phone number on my web site...

And the late payment thing is a trend for me right now too.. tryin' to figure out a way to get people to pay a little more promptly.. I'm NOT at&t and it actually hurts ME to have payments show up 60 days late... LOL