PDA

View Full Version : New Website Looking for Feedback

Atlantic Lawn
12-31-2008, 02:46 PM
We have waited way too many years to get our site up and running, guess it's still better now then years from now. Tell me what you think, any refinements that should be made or anything we are missing. Thanks

http://www.Atlanticlawn.com

Lawn-Scapes
12-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Steve,

I think your website is excellent! May it bring you much business...

WebMan
12-31-2008, 05:15 PM
Overall pretty good, nice internal links. But like on one page there was a description of what you do during the year and above it "Sign up now for the 2009 Season" but there was no link to take me to a place to sign up. Go back through looking for little things like that, remember the main thing you want is for them to contact you so that "sign up" line should give me a way to "sign up"!

Happy New Year :cool2:

mommacutz
01-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Your site is awesome! If you don't mind.....Did you do it yourself or did someone else build it for you?

Atlantic Lawn
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the feedback,we hope to get a lot more. I was really hoping I could get Andrew over at Team-Green or Kiril to take a critical look. We did the most of the wording and most of the photos. The layout and actual publishing of the site was done by Yes Marketing. I am not a web designer, though I have played with template sites before. I am a manager and salesman, I stick to what I do best. In my years in business I have learned to delegate tasks to others which allows me to focus on what I'm good at. Until you master this technique you are either a work-a-holic or have set limitations on what you can ultimately achieve.

Kiril
01-12-2009, 11:10 PM
Generally pretty good. Tableless design gets serious points from me. :clapping:

Few issues

1) Validation issues, some more serious than others for both HTML and CSS. Nice to see XHTML DTD.

2) No graceful fall back for browsers with JS disabled. The drop down links in the menu should be displayed on the main page for that category if JS is disabled, otherwise those pages disappear without use of the site map or enabling JS. At the very least, there should be a warning displayed that JS has been detected as not supported.

3) Lot of white space at the top of your center column. May be a design choice, but seems a bit excessive to me.

4) Header could stand to be a little smaller in height and a clickable link to the home page. You can either wrap the entire image, or use an image map on the logo.

5) No document structure/outline or incorrectly used

6) You have an character encoding mismatch that really needs to be fixed on some of the pages (didn't check all of them).

7) Needs more work on accessibility, but generally better than most sites.

8) Area code needs to be more prominent. It will be difficult to incorporate it into the header given the size of the phone number, but that is where I would lean on putting it.

9) Round the corners of the header image in order to match the rest of the sites design.