PDA

View Full Version : working on a 99 f 350 with propane injection

TandM
12-31-2008, 08:49 PM
ok our main man for concrete has a play truck. its a 1999 f 350 with a compound turbo banks big head wastegate banks ram air banks six gun programmer and monster exhaust and a secret weapon that requires a push of a button. anyway it wouldnt crank so he brought it on his gooseneck this mornin and I took a look at it and put fresh oil in it it was low and some antifreeze low as well I thought maybe it was so low the engine wouldnt let it start up but that wasn't it so we opened the fuel filter and it wasnt clogged but very little fuel in there? so Im guessing its the fuel pump we banged on it to see if it was clogged but no difference. it didnt soudn like it was turning on at all? and we checked all the fuses and they are good. so any suggestions? btw this truck runs 12's at the track 1/4 mile of course Im thinkin bout buyin the propane off of him and puttin it on my gmc hehe!

nosparkplugs
12-31-2008, 09:42 PM
ok our main man for concrete has a play truck. its a 1999 f 350 with a compound turbo banks big head wastegate banks ram air banks six gun programmer and monster exhaust and a secret weapon that requires a push of a button. anyway it wouldnt crank so he brought it on his gooseneck this mornin and I took a look at it and put fresh oil in it it was low and some antifreeze low as well I thought maybe it was so low the engine wouldnt let it start up but that wasn't it so we opened the fuel filter and it wasnt clogged but very little fuel in there? so Im guessing its the fuel pump we banged on it to see if it was clogged but no difference. it didnt soudn like it was turning on at all? and we checked all the fuses and they are good. so any suggestions? btw this truck runs 12's at the track 1/4 mile of course Im thinkin bout buyin the propane off of him and puttin it on my gmc hehe!

Was it driving down the road an quit? need more information. You mainly gave fluid levels & engine modifications?:waving:

Might be the notorious cam position sensor
Powerstroke does not like weak batteries either will get a dead key

TandM
12-31-2008, 09:56 PM
the batteries were def low on power but not low enough to where it wouldnt turn the truck over so it should have turned the fuel pump on right? I dont know the specifics on what happened he just said it wont crank fix it please. how would I check the cam position sensor btw the truck has 324000 miles on it!

nosparkplugs
12-31-2008, 10:13 PM
the batteries were def low on power but not low enough to where it wouldnt turn the truck over so it should have turned the fuel pump on right? I dont know the specifics on what happened he just said it wont crank fix it please. how would I check the cam position sensor btw the truck has 324000 miles on it!

Nope my 02 f-350 was dead with only 2 weak!! not dead batteries:waving:.

I'd rule out the fuel injector pump; because even with a bad fuel injector pump you would be able to turn the truck over until the battery went dead

it would be best to access the data port with a code reader at some point. You can replace the cam position sensor easily go to Napa or Autozone. very easy to replace. Can find manual's online for cam position replacement step by step also.

TandM
01-01-2009, 11:35 AM
ok thanks I am chargin the bats up right now and will see if that helps. and not the injector pump the actual pump on the frame. and I will get a code reader on it soon. and the cam sensor if all of that doesnt work

TXNSLighting
01-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Cam sensors are like 15 bucks i think.... I havent priced one in a while. Go get one and replace it. That will at least rule it out.

nosparkplugs
01-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Cam sensors are like 15 bucks i think.... I havent priced one in a while. Go get one and replace it. That will at least rule it out.

what happened to the FERD avatar:laugh: did you rent that bobcat for a avatar picture:) just kidding :laugh:

TXNSLighting
01-01-2009, 02:34 PM
People kept thinking it was mine. I got tired of explaining it wasnt so i just put my stupid one up there. Ha! No i had fun with it that day!! I like them 250 bobcats!