PDA

View Full Version : Website Desinger Issues

Turfdoctor1
01-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I agreed to terms with a website designer about a month ago, 4 weeks tomorrow to be exact. I told him that the site had to be done by January 1, because I have 30,000 pieces of advertising material going out over the next week that include the new website address.

I have called, emailed, etc., about 2-3 times a week, and have yet to see a single bit of production. The guy keeps telling me it'll be done by the end of this week, but at this point there is absolutely no evidence of it. I know he has not touched the project yet, because he has not even asked any questions. Surely he has to have questions about what my expectations are? In phone conversation I even told the guy that based on his lack of communication and production that I felt he has scammed me out of my money. He assured me it would be done by deadline. Well, deadline is here now.

What would you do?

I've already paid for half the fees up front. I have to have the site done ASAP. Assuming the site gets done eventually, what would you do about the 2nd half of the payment?

JDUtah
01-01-2009, 07:09 PM
Did you sign anything that mentions that dealine? You did pay, so you have a record of an agreement.

He might even be liable for the lost leads because the site wasn't live in time? Get your money back for sure, and then some? I would think about filing a formal complaint too, maybe start an investigation?

PM WebMan... he might hook you up with a site real quick to save your butt this week...

Good luck

Turfdoctor1
01-01-2009, 07:44 PM
Did you sign anything that mentions that dealine? You did pay, so you have a record of an agreement.

He might even be liable for the lost leads because the site wasn't live in time? Get your money back for sure, and then some? I would think about filing a formal complaint too, maybe start an investigation?

PM WebMan... he might hook you up with a site real quick to save your butt this week...

Good luck

Thanks JD. i do not have a signed document that mentions the deadline, but I do have an email.

I hate to go off on the guy, because I need his work. Yet, I don't know how to get my point across either. If he gets it done by tomorrow or Saturday, I will probably be ok about it.

I am going to send you a pm, on a slightly different note, JD. thanks for your input.

Team-Green L&L
02-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Did WebMan take care of you a site for your promos? I would be happy to throw you a decent site together to avoid any misfortune at no charge as long as you don't place any expectations further than "looks good and works good".