PDA

View Full Version : Fert Spreader Transport?

deltascapes
01-04-2009, 01:07 AM
What are you using when transporting fertilizer spreader between yards. I have a flatbed trucks and tired of using bunjey cords. I use spyker spreaders.

Fert33
01-04-2009, 09:30 AM
You can get a spreader carrier that slides into your hitch. Other than that, you may want to try adjusting your setup. Pulling a spreader on and off a flatbed seems like it would be a pain. How does that work for you? I have found that in the field you have to be as efficient as possible. Maybe my vision of a flatbed is not what you actually have. Infrom me.

RigglePLC
01-04-2009, 11:48 AM
You can get a "hitch carrier" platform designed for bicycles, dead deer and so forth. I think they are about 49.95 at Menards. But of course, you will probably want to get out the torch and weld it to expand it to width of spread. Plus you will want to add a ramp. Plus a very solid double tie down system that also accepts a padlock. I think maybe Lesco made a "hitch carrier" for their spread. Paramount, and other companies, also.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/11579001/Hitch_Mount_Cargo_Carrier.html

http://www.lawnandlandscape.com/product/detail.asp?Id=2130

turfcobob
01-04-2009, 11:59 AM
B & B Tech out of Nebraska makes front and rear carriers. I have one of the rear reese hitch carriers for my ride on T 3000 and really like it. Simple and easy to use.

look at

http://www.b-btech.com/AA_lawncare.htm

Rayholio
01-04-2009, 01:39 PM
I took my spreader to a welding shop, and they used nuthin' but scrap + an old hitch to weld one together for me.. cost about one hours labor... less than $50.. then I had it sand blasted, and spray painted it with some rubber paint.. Works great! best part is that it's reverseable.. I can have it set 2 foot LOW for my box truck, or turn it upside down and have it 2 ft high for my little dodge dakota.. perfect.. And it didn't cost me $300+ instane pricing for a few chunks of angle iron...

CrystalCreek
01-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Lesco makes a trailer reciever pieve that carries their spreaders very nicely. Also very securly. I cant believe how many years I went without it. This piece saves me almost an hours of time when doing a full day of apps. Also, I have to lift the spreader alot less in height compared to the tailgate height. Cost about $60.

Hissing Cobra
01-04-2009, 11:55 PM
Lesco makes a trailer reciever pieve that carries their spreaders very nicely. Also very securly. I cant believe how many years I went without it. This piece saves me almost an hours of time when doing a full day of apps. Also, I have to lift the spreader alot less in height compared to the tailgate height. Cost about $60.

Yep, these spreader caddy's are nice. All John Deere Landscapes locations should have at least one in stock. I've sold a lot of them and our customers love 'em!

mngrassguy
01-05-2009, 12:04 AM

I baught one several years ago and love it. A friend saw it and copied it to make himself.

They are very simple. A real back/time saver.

americanlawn
01-05-2009, 06:45 PM
We bought 8 spreader caddy's from LESCO (fit into the receiver hitch of our pickups). We had them fabricated to fit our Spyker 288's. For our T3000's (Spyker spreaders), we had them made locally....they are 'dual receiver' carrier racks instead of a single receiver. Much more stable & safer for ride-ons IMO.

What are you using when transporting fertilizer spreader between yards. I have a flatbed trucks and tired of using bunjey cords. I use spyker spreaders.

RigglePLC
01-05-2009, 10:01 PM
I am at the GLTE Michigan turf and horticulture convention. I ran into the Anderson's product delveopment guy for a brief chat. He said they are planning on a few improvements to the SR2000 ( it has two knobs--one for the deflector and one for the 3rd hole).

Now you got me thinking--for myself. Maybe I need a spreader caddy so I would not have to lift my Scotts spreader so far and not slam it down when removeing it. But I would have to modify a Lesco model--right?

Does anybody have one that uses the snowplow back blade hydraulic (and extra buttons) to lift the spread so you don't lift it at all?