PDA

View Full Version : Critique my website

Big C
01-05-2009, 10:55 AM
OK guys here is your chance to blast my homeade website to bits.....give your honest feedback please!!...It's all in the name of progress!:laugh:

www.clarkunlimited.com

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-05-2009, 11:02 AM
OK guys here is your chance to blast my homeade website to bits.....give your honest feedback please!!...It's all in the name of progress!:laugh:

www.clarkunlimited.com

Well you asked for Critique, so here goes, just read your opening paragraph:
"We would like to take this time to welcome you to our site. We hope that this experience will provide valuable information about our company' s mission as well as well as priceless information about the various lawn & property services that we provide."

I didn't even get past this opening paragraph before I shut it down and simply couldn't read anymore improper grammar.

Big C
01-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Well you asked for Critique, so here goes, just read your opening paragraph:
"We would like to take this time to welcome you to our site. We hope that this experience will provide valuable information about our company' s mission as well as well as priceless information about the various lawn & property services that we provide."

I didn't even get past this opening paragraph before I shut it down and simply couldn't read anymore improper grammar.

Give me some examples of what was wrong

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Give me some examples of what was wrong

Did you read it over again?

as well as well, company' s, there's no space after an apostrophe, and IMO its kinda wordy, try reading it fast like most customers will.

ritchiem
01-05-2009, 11:27 AM
1. Photos on the 'Services' page are way too large in file size. Make sure to optimize for faster downloads.

2. No info in the footer. It is a good idea to place your contact info in your footer, as well as a sub nav menu.

3. Your site contains no SEO practices.

4. At Clark Unlimited we pride ourselves on superior customer service and attention to detail, we give each and every one of our customers the attention they deserve as well as providing them with the best possible service and the lowest cost possible.

Way too long of a sentence. Revise.

5. Your logo is located on the 'About Us' page. Most visitors won't go past the index so make sure to grab their attention from there.

6. Too many empty spaces.

7. Stone out of place on the drive in one of your pictures :)

Big C
01-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I am accepting positive comments also:laugh::laugh:

Big C
01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Did you read it over again?

as well as well, company' s, there's no space after an apostrophe, and IMO its kinda wordy, try reading it fast like most customers will.

Fixed it thanks

JDUtah
01-05-2009, 04:03 PM
original

We would like to take this time to welcome you to our site. We hope that this experience will provide valuable information about our company's mission as well as information about the various lawn & property services that we provide.

Enjoy!

Chad & Jessica Clark

Edited to be more concise...

Welcome you to our site. Our site will provide you with valuable information about our company and our quality lawn/property maintenance services.

Enjoy!

Chad & Jessica Clark

Although it could be worded a little better to tell them what pain of thioers you are going to relieve.