PDA

View Full Version : Hour Meter

jandreau
01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Is there a way of hooking the hour meter up so it only works when the engine is running? My Wright stander only had 50 hours on it and my son forgot to turn the key completely off and now my hour meter shows 105 hrs. :cry:

WrightCommercial
01-06-2009, 09:21 AM
jandreau,

We believe there is a way but recommend talking with a Kawasaki dealer prior to changing the setup to make sure it will work properly. There is a port on the smaller engines for a oil pressure switch that should accomplish what you are looking for. Kawasaki offers a oil pressure switch (27010-7001) that is closed when the engine reaches its operating oil pressure. You would install the switch and run a wire from the switch to the negative side of the hour meter and cap the harness negative. This should allow the hour meter to only run when the engine is running. Again we recommend talking to a Kawasaki dealer to verify this will accomplish the result you are looking for.

Best Regards
Wright Mfg. Service Dept.

pugs
01-06-2009, 11:44 AM
That is one area of the Wright's that could use some serious improvement. They should have some type of setup from the factory that prevents the meter from running when the key is on.