PDA

View Full Version : Atlas or Wells Cargo

Gold86
01-05-2009, 08:12 PM
I am looking at an enclosed trailer for next season, 24 or 26 foot long. The dealer where I bought my two open trailers sells Atlas and he speaks of them very highly. For the package I am looking the Atlas runs about $8000.00 give or take. Like I said above I am also looking at Wells Cargo, which run about $9200.00. From what I can see I am not really getting a lot more for my money, it seems like I would be paying $1200.00 extra for the Wells Cargo name and some little fancy pieces here and there. I should mention that they run the exact same axles. I am the kind of guy that will pay a little extra to get a better piece of equipment. So that in mind I am leaning towards the Atlas because I feel it's the best bang for my buck and also I have had great luck at my dealer. What are your guys opinions on my dilemna, has anyone owned a Atlas and what do you think of them.

IdealLawnCare
01-05-2009, 08:30 PM
I have an 6 x 12 Atlas Ive been pulling aroud for 2 years now and I am happy with everything on it. Mine has all LED lighting and an appearance package. If I were to buy a new or bigger trailer I would go get An Atlas because it seems to be a good trailer for the money. I paid $2450.00 for mine where as the big name trailers would have been $3400.00 give or take.

jefftb
01-05-2009, 08:49 PM
I bought an 10 x 18 (I think.) trailer in April 2008 for a demo trailer. Looked at Wells Cargo. You have to spend $$$ to get the Wells Cargo of old. They now have so many different "levels" of trailer its ridiculous. For example, the trailer I bought had plywood walls and the Wells Cargo at the same price point had luan. Big difference.

Check the interior build of the Atlas (I've never seen one) and see if you are happy with it. See if you can compare them side-by-side. Something tells me the dealer profits more from the Atlas and has less headaches with Atlas than Wells Cargo if a warranty issue pops up. Then again, the dealer may just really see the Atlas as a better value proposition for his customers-that's fair.

Gold86
01-06-2009, 11:24 PM
I actually got the price wrong on the Wells Cargo it's actually $10500, the guy on the phone I talked to gave me one price and went I went to look at them in person today they gave the correct price. I am really leaning towards the Atlas now, I just can't see spending that much money on a trailer for mowing grass.