PDA

View Full Version : howdy friends

mowzilla
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM
i'll make my intro short. certified marine tech (yep thats a wrench slinger on boat motors -2 and 4 stroke) 15 years..fiddled with basic maintenance on lawns for years..quit turning a wrench and went to driving a lazer z, walking a turf tracer, edging, prunning, blowing, spraying weeds, etc. as a laborer for a large national landscape company who i really love to work for in june 2008, promoted to supervisor in july of 2008 ( through God's blessing and management thinking i had what it takes), still a supervisor (they even trust me with our biggest account!!) and still love getting up everyday to do my job and always will. should have done it years ago. do mostly apartment complexes and a huge, very beautiful retirement community. also do a few lawns on weekends for friends. have a small but relaible equipment entourage of my own consisting of a toro 36, redmax eb4300 blower, stihl trimmer, muryama edger ( it won't die!) .. looking to add some gear to the list since a lot of friends like me to do their yards ( hey, what are friends for?!>) and i have found it to be a useful too to barter with :) i prefer exmark, toro, stihl, and redmax. favorite piece of equipment-tie- lazer z/walk behind/gas shears..favorite thing to do: prunning. married with a wonderful wife, son and two dogs. also play music professionally part-time. hope to have own company some day soon. i particularly enjoy seeing the small detail that need to be done to a property and seeing the change they make..its all in the details and quality !

DLAWNS
01-05-2009, 11:15 PM
i'll make my intro short. certified marine tech (yep thats a wrench slinger on boat motors -2 and 4 stroke) 15 years..fiddled with basic maintenance on lawns for years..quit turning a wrench and went to driving a lazer z, walking a turf tracer, edging, prunning, blowing, spraying weeds, etc. as a laborer for a large national landscape company who i really love to work for in june 2008, promoted to supervisor in july of 2008 ( through God's blessing and management thinking i had what it takes), still a supervisor (they even trust me with our biggest account!!) and still love getting up everyday to do my job and always will. should have done it years ago. do mostly apartment complexes and a huge, very beautiful retirement community. also do a few lawns on weekends for friends. have a small but relaible equipment entourage of my own consisting of a toro 36, redmax eb4300 blower, stihl trimmer, muryama edger ( it won't die!) .. looking to add some gear to the list since a lot of friends like me to do their yards ( hey, what are friends for?!>) and i have found it to be a useful too to barter with :) i prefer exmark, toro, stihl, and redmax. favorite piece of equipment-tie- lazer z/walk behind/gas shears..favorite thing to do: prunning. married with a wonderful wife, son and two dogs. also play music professionally part-time. hope to have own company some day soon. i particularly enjoy seeing the small detail that need to be done to a property and seeing the change they make..its all in the details and quality !

Welcome to the site. That's funny, my brother graduated from wyotech down in Daytona, Fl. He is also a boat guy. It also sounds to me like you waork for Brickman, as did I. I look forward to talking to you.

mowzilla
01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
hey bill thanks. it aint brickman:) lol couldn't do the dress code haha.. its bigger than brickman.. next guess:)

DLAWNS
01-05-2009, 11:36 PM
hey bill thanks. it aint brickman:) lol couldn't do the dress code haha.. its bigger than brickman.. next guess:)

I'm gonna guess...True Green? Yeah, the dress code sucked.....I had to shave off my goatee, take out my earrings and wear a freakin' white dress shirt while working.

FINELAWNS
01-07-2009, 07:01 PM
I bet its Valley Crest. much better than Brickman or Trugreen( out busines soon)

FINELAWNS
01-07-2009, 07:13 PM
If you want people to take you serously, You have to have a clean cut look.
First impressions in our bussines is everything,and normaly you only get one
chance.*trucewhiteflag*

DLAWNS
01-07-2009, 08:09 PM
If you want people to take you serously, You have to have a clean cut look.
First impressions in our bussines is everything,and normaly you only get one
chance.*trucewhiteflag*

Dude, it was ridiculous. A white dress shirt??? It got dirty the first time you wore it and no matter how much you washed it, it never came totally clean again. I think that looked worse than picking another colored shirt that would have hid stains a little better. Besides the fact that it would be about 95 degrees and the shirts were crap and were itchy as hell.

Believe me, I'm all about appearance. Myself as well as all employees wear clean company shirts as well as khaki pants or shorts. When I meet with important clients I wear a polo. We also have sweatshirts and hats.

lifetree
01-07-2009, 08:40 PM
I bet its Valley Crest. much better than Brickman or Trugreen( out busines soon)

It's may be Scott's !!