PDA

View Full Version : Truck Tints?

02DURAMAX
01-07-2009, 01:24 AM
Who on here has there Truck windows Tinted?

just wanting to know how many do and if you regret doing it.

I have 35% in the front and 2% in the rear and love it!

DLAWNS
01-07-2009, 01:37 AM
I used to have it on my old truck, but they really bust balls about it around here. Someday when I get a really nice truck that is a personal truck, I will probably do it again, though. I'm a glutton for punishment, but now I know more of the cops around me so I shouldn't have too many problems.

TimTim2008
01-07-2009, 04:19 AM
i went to the store, to get 35% installed (legal in my state). but he was out. he said he will install 20% for the same price. so i took it.. its dark as hell at night, but during the summer months, its REALLY cooler inside.. so it was worth it..

so my vote, is yes

Gold86
01-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I run 5% plus the factory twenties on the rear and back doors. Along with a layer of 5% and %30 on the front doors. I also have the front windshield tinted at %30, to be honest after doing this truck I will never own another personal vehicle without 5 on the sides and %30 on the windshield, maybe even %20 on if it was a nice car with bright headlights.

fool32696
01-07-2009, 03:23 PM
5% on sides and rear with strip on front. I have to open the window to back up at night, but the privacy and the cooler interior temps are well worth it in the Florida heat. Any personal vehicle I own will have 5%. I have two work trucks that I need to get tinted and I'll probably keep those legal.

Lakewlc
01-07-2009, 03:29 PM
we have strict tint laws around here

davis45
01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
I tint every vehicle I own. My current truck has 15% on back and rear sides, then 20% on the fronts.

TXNSLighting
01-07-2009, 03:45 PM
I cant stand driving vehicles without tint! Thats the first thing i do after i buy them is get em tinted.

02DURAMAX
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I cant stand driving vehicles without tint! Thats the first thing i do after i buy them is get em tinted.

Same Here!

02DURAMAX
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
I run 5% plus the factory twenties on the rear and back doors. Along with a layer of 5% and %30 on the front doors. I also have the front windshield tinted at %30, to be honest after doing this truck I will never own another personal vehicle without 5 on the sides and %30 on the windshield, maybe even %20 on if it was a nice car with bright headlights.

The 5% over the 20% Looks NIce!

Lawnworks
01-07-2009, 05:21 PM
None of my work trucks are tinted... don't need the hassle. On my personal vehicle I have 20% on the sides and 35% on the windshield. Not really a blackout, but the cops don't mess with me.

BCL Services
01-07-2009, 06:11 PM
5% here, too hot in summer. You have to have it in my opinion

JosephLawnCare
01-07-2009, 06:24 PM
I HAD 20% on an old truck and the cops made me peel it off in front of them after the third ticket! It's a major ticket around here and they take it very seriously. I remember it was nice, but a ***** trying to plow snow.

02DURAMAX
01-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I HAD 20% on an old truck and the cops made me peel it off in front of them after the third ticket! It's a major ticket around here and they take it very seriously. I remember it was nice, but a ***** trying to plow snow.

I plow...

But I plow with my window down.

02DURAMAX
01-07-2009, 07:51 PM
5% here, too hot in summer. You have to have it in my opinion

Yeah you feel a big difference with tints much cooler!

dura to the max
01-07-2009, 08:46 PM
1 has 32% (darkest i can find it here)

the other has factory and is ok'ish (coming after another 3" lift)

FordLawnLandscape
01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
1 has 32% (darkest i can find it here)

the other has factory and is ok'ish (coming after another 3" lift)

Where in Ga are you ? Thats the darkest ? I've had a lotta trucks/cars , I can't imagine not having my glass tinted. I used to not go any lighter than 5 but got TOOO many tickets. Legal limit in GA is 35 on the fronts, dark as u want on backs sides and back glass, and u can have a strip across the top but not all the way down the front glass. Although, I do my vehicles 20 on the sides and 5 on the backs. Not only does it help keep your interior in better shape (dash and leather from cracking) but tint is worth its weight in gold 'round here in the summer. Also DARK tint really makes your ride look better IMO :cool2:

TXNSLighting
01-07-2009, 10:25 PM
The 5% over the 20% Looks NIce!

Yes it does!

TXNSLighting
01-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Where in Ga are you ? Thats the darkest ? I've had a lotta trucks/cars , I can't imagine not having my glass tinted. I used to not go any lighter than 5 but got TOOO many tickets. Legal limit in GA is 35 on the fronts, dark as u want on backs sides and back glass, and u can have a strip across the top but not all the way down the front glass. Although, I do my vehicles 20 on the sides and 5 on the backs. Not only does it help keep your interior in better shape (dash and leather from cracking) but tint is worth its weight in gold 'round here in the summer. Also DARK tint really makes your ride look better IMO :cool2:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: My first truck with leather got so hot in the cab, so i went ahead and did 5 on the back 3, 20 on the front 2 and a thick tint band. Much much better! Not to mention how bad ass it looked!

FordLawnLandscape
01-07-2009, 10:39 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: My first truck with leather got so hot in the cab, so i went ahead and did 5 on the back 3, 20 on the front 2 and a thick tint band. Much much better! Not to mention how bad ass it looked!

word ! Dark window tint is such a cheap ehancement ! Not to mention , the incognito effect :laugh: Dark window tint always buys just a couple of extra secs , or maybe even get ya lucky when otherwise u wouldn't have :laugh: :nono: :cool2:

FordLawnLandscape
01-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Not speaking from expirence , PROMISE :)

TXNSLighting
01-08-2009, 12:09 AM
word ! Dark window tint is such a cheap ehancement ! Not to mention , the incognito effect :laugh: Dark window tint always buys just a couple of extra secs , or maybe even get ya lucky when otherwise u wouldn't have :laugh: :nono: :cool2:

:cool2::cool2::cool2:
:laugh::laugh::weightlifter::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

It sure speeds up the convincing process...Ha!:laugh:

MOHUSTLER
01-08-2009, 09:30 AM
have 2% on the fronts and on the back and back sides 2% over the factory 20%. so id say its around 1%. Its great until u have to back up at night. My wife gets pissed when I have to rool down the window in the middle of winter.

Its also illegal in MO to have them that dark and ive gotten 5 tickets since then. But ohwell, it looks good and it keeps someone from picking my locks and stealing my sutff.

South Florida Lawns
01-08-2009, 07:38 PM
I got 5% on the back and drivers windows. I got a ticket too $72, but its worth it.

FordLawnLandscape
01-09-2009, 08:43 AM
I got 5% on the back and drivers windows. I got a ticket too $72, but its worth it.

$72 thats IT :confused: ?! Here in GA they dont play :nono: , my last ticket was $270.00 :cry: ! Thats when i started only doing 20% instead of 5% on sides. If i knew all i'd get handed was $72 **** man I'd be doing double 5 on all glass except front ! Glad they didnt get u like they did me.

MysticLandscape
01-09-2009, 09:10 AM
20% all around on both trucks, Don't want to go much darker hard to see plowing.

talus
01-09-2009, 10:00 AM
My vote is also yes. I put 20% on the front doors to match the back ones. Then went a shade lighter on the entire windshield. On the plus side it's much cooler in the summer. Down side major pain at night. Truck looks much better IMO. If you notice the car commercials on tv,the vehicles are always blacked out. If I get pulled over I always roll my windows. One reason maybe he didn't see them. The main reason is to make them feel at ease. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you want to walk up on a car that you couldn't see inside? I sure as hell wouldn't. At night I always turn the interior light on to. It's funny I hear about other people with civics, wrx's and cars like that getting busted. They don't seem to bother trucks at all.

shade tree landscaping
01-09-2009, 02:37 PM
I would love to tint my truck, but NJ law won't let you tint the driver/passenger window. I dont like how just the back looks, and with a force of cops under the age of 30 in my town, they love to break bal*s over tints

davis45
01-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Lets get some pics of tints. Here is my 15% all around. Ignore those ugly black nerf bars, replaced them with stainless. Also, look at the top corner of my door, someone stuck a crowbar in there and tried to break in. :hammerhead:

RedMax Man
01-09-2009, 07:06 PM
20% on both side windows and 20% over factory tinted rear window.

TandM
01-09-2009, 08:45 PM
20 on the front 5 on the back back window and side windows.

South Florida Lawns
01-12-2009, 12:13 AM
I backed into a tree stump pretty hard cuz my damn tint. It was at night and in the middle of the woods. Next time I gotta go anywhere off road at night I'm getting out and checking for whats around.

ALLPro Landscaping
01-12-2009, 12:17 AM
I have 5% over factory all around. Love it since no one could see in but hate to plow with them.

oakwdman
01-12-2009, 12:19 AM
02Duramax, Where did you get your truck tinted? what did it run you? I want darker and am just starting to look around now. lol.

02DURAMAX
01-13-2009, 09:09 AM
I backed into a tree stump pretty hard cuz my damn tint. It was at night and in the middle of the woods. Next time I gotta go anywhere off road at night I'm getting out and checking for whats around.

That Sucks!!!!

02DURAMAX
01-13-2009, 09:10 AM
02Duramax, Where did you get your truck tinted? what did it run you? I want darker and am just starting to look around now. lol.

Umbra Tinting.

in Arlington Heights

I paid $170 for everything front back and windshield strip.

KrayzKajun
01-13-2009, 09:45 AM
my whole truck is done in 2% and the windshield has 35% on it

RedMax Man
01-13-2009, 10:22 AM

Thats sick:cool2:

Like having your windows LinX'ed

02DURAMAX
01-25-2009, 01:58 AM

I wish I could get my windshield tinted!

zedosix
01-25-2009, 09:23 AM
This is about the way I like the tint, can't see in and it doesn't obstruct your view while looking out.

nosparkplugs
01-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Window tint is a southern Perk:usflag: the sun will cook you, and your vehicle interior

Folks are now tinting front windows:dizzy: with little resisatnace from the PO-PO.

Their are no negatives to window tint, other than backing up with less than 5%, and even then it's not hard.

Window Tint is the first thing that goes on any of our vehicles personal or business. Southern states DO NOT enforce tint laws period. It might even reduce car jacking's or road rag; out of sight out of mind.

Many police agencies tint their vehicles out,

Funny the most liberal states bust your balls for eveything. Want more freedom move to the south.

Gold86
01-25-2009, 03:11 PM
I live in Indiana and I know of some city cops here that run a single layer of 5% on their unmarked cars.

TXNSLighting
01-25-2009, 04:22 PM
Window tint is a southern Perk:usflag: the sun will cook you, and your vehicle interior

Folks are now tinting front windows:dizzy: with little resisatnace from the PO-PO.

Their are no negatives to window tint, other than backing up with less than 5%, and even then it's not hard.

Window Tint is the first thing that goes on any of our vehicles personal or business. Southern states DO NOT enforce tint laws period. It might even reduce car jacking's or road rag; out of sight out of mind.

Many police agencies tint their vehicles out,

Funny the most liberal states bust your balls for eveything. Want more freedom move to the south.

Wrong, they do here. Ive gotten pulled over twice for tint. Stupid...Woulda cost $150 bucks eachtime, but i scraped it off for em.

nosparkplugs
01-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Wrong, they do here. Ive gotten pulled over twice for tint. Stupid...Woulda cost $150 bucks eachtime, but i scraped it off for em.

:laugh::laugh: that sucks, Here In Memphis it's a different story, I'm going to have the front windshield tinted 45% on my next truck, my tint guy gives me better deals on all windows dome at once:clapping: . Memphis is tint friendly cops got better things to do than police window tinting

South Florida Lawns
01-25-2009, 05:26 PM
They got me a few months back and my brother too.

TXNSLighting
01-25-2009, 11:10 PM
:laugh::laugh: that sucks, Here In Memphis it's a different story, I'm going to have the front windshield tinted 45% on my next truck, my tint guy gives me better deals on all windows dome at once:clapping: . Memphis is tint friendly cops got better things to do than police window tinting

Youre lucky! I love the dark tint! Definately keeps the truck so much cooler. Especially when its 100+ outside...:cry:

02DURAMAX
01-26-2009, 01:08 AM
This is about the way I like the tint, can't see in and it doesn't obstruct your view while looking out.

Nice Truck!

LawnGuy73
01-26-2009, 08:09 AM
Yes I have tint on my trucks, 35%.

yeayea14
01-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Yes I have tint on my trucks, 35%.

My truck is tinted 20% all the way around except the front windshield and the cops can give me all the tickets they want im not taking it off!!!

DoetschOutdoor
01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Got my first window tint ticket going to the dam grocery store to stock up for a lake trip this summer!! Bastard pulled up on a motorcycle and motioned to pull over. I thought it was for trailer lights or something like that but he was a state cop out on labor day weekend. My fronts are limo and I love it. The cop actually asked me if I wanted a razor blade and I could scrape it off in dierbergs parking lot!!! Are you kidding me!

93gmc
01-30-2009, 04:41 PM
does anyone know whats legal for driver and passenger doors in Iowa??
I can't seem to find out.

LouisianaLawnboy
01-30-2009, 10:20 PM
20% all around except windshield.

93gmc
02-01-2009, 11:48 AM
thanks, because i can find that you need to have 70% visible light on the side windows so i wasn't sure what that meant. so what do some of you guys in iowa have on your trucks?

B Erler
02-03-2009, 02:37 AM
whats the darkest you would go on your windshield? i dont have it tinted yet but i want to...

Z-master man
08-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Is it the higher % the darker it is? Or is it the lower % the darker it is?

davis45
08-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Is it the higher % the darker it is? Or is it the lower % the darker it is?

The lower the % the darker it is. Like 5%..means it allows 5% of light through. or 20% allows 20% of light through.

Z-master man
08-03-2010, 05:57 PM
The lower the % the darker it is. Like 5%..means it allows 5% of light through. or 20% allows 20% of light through.

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering because I know maine and mass its 35%.

Jpeg lawn maintenance
08-03-2010, 09:40 PM
I have my sides done at 15% its hard to see at night but adds a cool look to the truck also it is alot cooler in the summer because it tints the sun. My new truck I am going to do 35% because cops are cracking down.

BurtonsAllSeason
08-06-2010, 03:29 PM
15% on sides and back...

clydebusa
08-06-2010, 06:33 PM
My personal truck is 5% all around 2004 SS silverdo. My work trucks are not tinted. Too hard to back trailers and since they are work trucks they do not have power windows. So the last thing I need is an employee running over something.

ajslands
08-06-2010, 06:45 PM
All my windows are tinted! Even my windshield! The only time it is bad is when it's pitch black and your plowing... But it is also good when plowing, because people can't see the people on the inside so it is nice for personal security. Oh and it block the sun a little!
Posted via Mobile Device

B&M
08-09-2010, 11:14 PM

The last thing the Police here in Memphis have time to do is to stop a work truck for window tint.